2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

29 minutes ago, Tarmijo94 said:

I’m currently in the same boat. It is written multiple times on different forms that it’s an x plan priced vehicle 

Just signed into the Ford X Plan site and it now shows the X Plan Pricing for base 2023 Superduty's. It does not allow you to build a 2023 yet.

Edited by rottekatz1
  • Like 1

Actually it looks like it is working maybe? If you use the build and price link on the partner site it takes you to 22, but if you then navigate at the top to trucks > super duty > 23 build and price it’s showing the x plan price. I don’t remember the exact price of the option before but the msrp is at least changed. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tarmijo94 said:

Actually it looks like it is working maybe? If you use the build and price link on the partner site it takes you to 22, but if you then navigate at the top to trucks > super duty > 23 build and price it’s showing the x plan price. I don’t remember the exact price of the option before but the msrp is at least changed. 

I can confirm it is working. We built out our truck this morning on there and then went to the dealer and the pricing was the same. Build is submitted and 99'd for a couple things we want that aren't until Job #2 with X plan pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

I can confirm it is working. We built out our truck this morning on there and then went to the dealer and the pricing was the same. Build is submitted and 99'd for a couple things we want that aren't until Job #2 with X plan pricing.

YES,  I tried as soon as I saw your post and I still could not get to the build process. Kept trying.  Now I have completed the X-Plan build of the 2023 F250 Crew cab, with a few options, and the savings is about $2800. Gotta love the DAV.

• Like 1

So I asked this before & did get an answer but further going over things on an XLT you do not get bliss traffic alert standed you can on a lariat also you can't even get navigation on an XLT you once again need a lariat or better. I was O.K. losing the 6.8 to the new 7.3 but now with the loss of the other opt is getting quite frustrating! Yes, most of you like the higher trims or SC,CC but I don't need all that & I would like just a reg cab 8' box 4x4 xlt silver 4x4 snowplow/camper pkg, rear sensors (which is also gone) until you get into opt pkg`s when they took the lower XLT pkg & split it up just to get more pkg`s for more $ just made things worse. You cant get LED`s tail & headlights either which they say is in every level but you need to add other pkgs or different cab or bed lengths. it would have been best as a stand-alone option if you would have liked LED`S on any trim level. XLT PKG 613A was the best opt PKG on the 22. If I am missing something please let me know I would really like to place an order but can't see how I can do it with the way it reads in the order guide. I really like the chrome & even looked @ what it would cost to change bumpers & grills but just not worth the money to do so. even tried going with an XL to get the 6.8 & add pkgs from there that doesn't work out either. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tarmijo94 said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where exactly do the trucks get built? I know the KTP and OHAP are used, but what gets built where? My curiosity wont let me think about anything else

KTP Builds video - Ford Kentucky Truck Plant - Tour Video - Hatfield Media

OAHP - Ford Motor Company Ohio Assembly Plant – Avon Lake, Ohio, USA - Ford Authority

Edited by rottekatz1
Add OHAP

2 hours ago, Tarmijo94 said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where exactly do the trucks get built? I know the KTP and OHAP are used, but what gets built where? My curiosity wont let me think about anything else

My understanding is that KTP builds pickups (consumer vehicles) and OHAP builds chassis cabs (commercial vehicles). 

I ordered my 2023 F-250 Lariat on October 28th and Ford e-mailed saying I will have an update within 45 days. Since Job 1 is expected to start production on 1/3/23, Will Ford e-mail the production start date this month or next month (December). How early do they usually send out e-mails for production on Custom orders?? 

2 hours ago, sosptuba said:

I must be into cruel and unusual punishment....

452 days since my '22 order was confirmed and still nothing...so of course I put in an order for a '23, confirmed today.

What's the over/under for my '23 compared to how long I've waited for a '22 so far?

Your dealer didn't contact you to tell you you should place a MY23 order?   Granger reached out to me to let me know that they would be placing a new MY23 order for me to carryover my MY22 order.

Dealer called today and notified me that my Dec 1, 2021 order of a Platinum F250 7.3 needs to be converted to a 23 by Wednesday or I would be 100% SOL on any chance of getting a 23. Price went up about 8k from my order date for similar option truck. He says they will eventually offer some type of price protection "rebate" from my original 22 order price. I suspect that won't be 8k, but really have no idea what to expect. Going to order anyway and hope. If Ford decided to not build my truck under contract and I get stuck with 8k more, that's a real bummer.  Has anyone heard how unscheduled reorders might be price protected. I know how it works with the same model year, but this will be a new/converted order and I don't know how much of my original order history will be maintained. I have all the documentation, of course.

11 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Dealer called today and notified me that my Dec 1, 2021 order of a Platinum F250 7.3 needs to be converted to a 23 by Wednesday or I would be 100% SOL on any chance of getting a 23. Price went up about 8k from my order date for similar option truck. He says they will eventually offer some type of price protection "rebate" from my original 22 order price. I suspect that won't be 8k, but really have no idea what to expect. Going to order anyway and hope. If Ford decided to not build my truck under contract and I get stuck with 8k more, that's a real bummer.  Has anyone heard how unscheduled reorders might be price protected. I know how it works with the same model year, but this will be a new/converted order and I don't know how much of my original order history will be maintained. I have all the documentation, of course.

You don’t have a contract with Ford.  Your dealer just placed an order.  There is no price protection between 2022 and. 2023 models.  Ford will issue a PCO which will at least make up the difference between the 22 and 23 models.  It’s not clear yet if it will include extra based on your order date.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 8:36 AM, JDUB said:

I ordered my 2023 F-250 Lariat on October 28th and Ford e-mailed saying I will have an update within 45 days. Since Job 1 is expected to start production on 1/3/23, Will Ford e-mail the production start date this month or next month (December). How early do they usually send out e-mails for production on Custom orders?? 

I did see that 2023 Super duty scheduling begins 11/17 for Kentucky plant which starts production on 1/3/23. I am hoping I am on this production schedule and not on the Ohio plants schedule which begins production in February. 

Does anyone know if its random scheduling or do they do it in orders received… 

44 minutes ago, JDUB said:

I did see that 2023 Super duty scheduling begins 11/17 for Kentucky plant which starts production on 1/3/23. I am hoping I am on this production schedule and not on the Ohio plants schedule which begins production in February. 

Does anyone know if its random scheduling or do they do it in orders received… 

If you ordered a pickup it will be built in Kentucky.  Chassis cabs are built in Ohio.  Ford takes into account numerous factors when scheduling a build, order of receipt is only one of them.  It starts with your dealer and how many orders they have in front of you as well as the priority your dealer put on your order.  Your dealer can set priority from 10 to 19, with 10 being higher priority.  Ford takes into account a dealer's allocation and priority orders.  They then look to see if during the week they are scheduling for they they will have all the parts to build the order.  If they don't have parts, the truck doesn't get scheduled.

My understanding is that Ford builds stock orders until they have gone 5 days without an assembly error before they start building retail orders.  If I'm correct on that then it's not likely any retail orders will be built the first week of Job 1.  You might want to spend some time scanning posts in the 2022 Orders thread most anything you can think to ask has been covered multiple times somewhere in the 460 pages.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PineNut said:

If you ordered a pickup it will be built in Kentucky.  Chassis cabs are built in Ohio.  Ford takes into account numerous factors when scheduling a build, order of receipt is only one of them.  It starts with your dealer and how many orders they have in front of you as well as the priority your dealer put on your order.  Your dealer can set priority from 10 to 19, with 10 being higher priority.  Ford takes into account a dealer's allocation and priority orders.  They then look to see if during the week they are scheduling for they they will have all the parts to build the order.  If they don't have parts, the truck doesn't get scheduled.

My understanding is that Ford builds stock orders until they have gone 5 days without an assembly error before they start building retail orders.  If I'm correct on that then it's not likely any retail orders will be built the first week of Job 1.  You might want to spend some time scanning posts in the 2022 Orders thread most anything you can think to ask has been covered multiple times somewhere in the 460 pages.

Good luck!

That’s really good info!! I just checked my order form and I have priority code 13… I am assuming 13 is a good spot to be in????? What do you think?

44 minutes ago, JDUB said:

That’s really good info!! I just checked my order form and I have priority code 13… I am assuming 13 is a good spot to be in????? What do you think?

Pretty much impossible to tell if that's good or not. Depends on how your dealer handles their queue. If everyone else is a priority 10, then 13 isn't so great. If everyone else it at 19, then 13 is good. 

I was a priority 2, which is set by the regional manager (and as high of a priority as you can normally get), for 9 months with my '22 order and never got scheduled, so be prepared to wait.

48 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

Pretty much impossible to tell if that's good or not. Depends on how your dealer handles their queue. If everyone else is a priority 10, then 13 isn't so great. If everyone else it at 19, then 13 is good. 

I was a priority 2, which is set by the regional manager (and as high of a priority as you can normally get), for 9 months with my '22 order and never got scheduled, so be prepared to wait.

I’ll keep you updated, I’m hopeful that things will change for the 23’ orders. We should have an update from Ford tomorrow or within a week or so. 

1 hour ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

Has anyone got an email from ford yet that their order has a build date. I realize it may be early but the most recent announcement said that scheduling began yesterday for KY Plant. Just curious…

I haven’t received any updated e-mail yet either. I thought for sure we would have heard something yesterday.. With thanksgiving week coming up, I am hopeful to hear a update the week of the 28th.. Ill be sure to post here as soon as I get a production date..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUB said:

I haven’t received any updated e-mail yet either. I thought for sure we would have heard something yesterday.. With thanksgiving week coming up, I am hopeful to hear a update the week of the 28th.. Ill be sure to post here as soon as I get a production date..

Ford received orders for over 50,000 vehicles in the first five days that the window was open.  They produce around 50,000 Super Duty's a month. May take a little to schedule. One of the scheduling variables is that all parts are available. I'm waiting for the first email.  Dropped my order off at dealer on 27 October, DORA dated 1 Nov.

I went on Ford.com chat today and was informed that my order is in the Ford system.

Edited by rottekatz1
  • Like 1