2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

You may have success pouring through Ford's investor site, which should have monthly or quarterly sales data posted from their press releases.

I thought about that, but I'm not willing to spend that much time. I did find some data on Ford Authority, but it only goes back to 2014 and includes the F150.

1 hour ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

I know the order bank is set to open on 17 October. Does anyone know when the build guides will be released? Are they only released to the dealers or can anyone access them from fords website? Will the build an price function on the website be available around this same time?

The order guides are posted here (link at top of page) around the same time the order bank opens.  Build and Price usually comes closer to job 1.

5 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

I know the order bank is set to open on 17 October. Does anyone know when the build guides will be released? Are they only released to the dealers or can anyone access them from fords website? Will the build an price function on the website be available around this same time?

The 2023 Super Duty USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is scheduled to open on 10/20/2022 per the timetable posted in the 2023 Super Duty Production Information forum. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74010-2023-super-duty-production-information/

Order guides are released on or about the date that the USOB opens and are available to Dealers only.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The 2023 Super Duty USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is scheduled to open on 10/20/2022 per the timetable posted in the 2023 Super Duty Production Information forum. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74010-2023-super-duty-production-information/

Order guides are released on or about the date that the USOB opens and are available to Dealers only.  

Silly question.  Why are the order guides not released before the order bank opens?   It seems like that would potentially cause ordering errors. 

53 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Silly question.  Why are the order guides not released before the order bank opens?   It seems like that would potentially cause ordering errors. 

There's no reason to release order guides before the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Once the order guides and price lists are finalized, the information is then loaded into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which is when the USOB opens for order submissions. The WBDO system generates any applicable error notices and other information that can impact scheduling for the order. The order guides are of no use until the information is configured for use in the WBDO system for order creation.

If you can tell me what types of order errors you're referring to, I'll try to provide additional information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There's no reason to release order guides before the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Once the order guides and price lists are finalized, the information is then loaded into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which is when the USOB opens for order submissions. The WBDO system generates any applicable error notices and other information that can impact scheduling for the order. The order guides are of no use until the information is configured for use in the WBDO system for order creation.

If you can tell me what types of order errors you're referring to, I'll try to provide additional information.

I was only talking about the process in general.  I don't know any specifics about Ford's systems.  Please excuse my ignorance.  

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, 2504now said:

I have read that dealers will be allowed to charge $1,500 over invoice for MY 2023 special orders.  Anyone else seen this?

Granger Ford announced they are pricing MY23 Super Duties at $1500 over invoice which should be well under MSRP.

Edited by Monoman

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Understood and that's a good deal these days but it has nothing to do with Ford "allowing" the pricing. 

Agreed.  I was only adding to the conversation because it matched Granger's pricing exactly and haven't heard of any others.  Sometimes people confuse Invoice and MSRP.  Perhaps they were thinking Ford was allowing a specific amount over MSRP ...we will need for them to reply to be sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

Granger Ford announced they are pricing MY23 Super Duties at $1500 over invoice which should be well under MSRP.

Edited 2 hours ago by Monoman

If you qualify for X-Plan Pricing, and can find a Dealer that will ACCEPT X-Plan Pricing, then you would be getting a better deal than ordering thru Granger Ford.

X-Plan Pricing is VERY close to "Dealer Invoice"

Join Mustang Club of America or EAA or other Ford "Partners" to get a X-Plan PIN.....Then go see your Dealer to see if they will accept it.

Waiting period is typically 90 Days......It will take at least that long for Ford to Schedule and Build your Super Duty.

43 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

If you qualify for X-Plan Pricing, and can find a Dealer that will ACCEPT X-Plan Pricing, then you would be getting a better deal than ordering thru Granger Ford.

X-Plan Pricing is VERY close to "Dealer Invoice"

Join Mustang Club of America or EAA or other Ford "Partners" to get a X-Plan PIN.....Then go see your Dealer to see if they will accept it.

Waiting period is typically 90 Days......It will take at least that long for Ford to Schedule and Build your Super Duty.

Long macarthur ford kansas will do xplan got two mavericks on order thru them very honest dealer will give $1k towards shipping if finance thru them not sure what or if there rates are competitive 

14 hours ago, akirby said:

The downside to these less expensive dealers is a long order queue.  Be prepared to wait a long time.

Very good point.  The postings here and other places suggest Ford (and others) still haven't figured out how to adjust their existing systems to consistently build and deliver vehicles in the order they (the orders) were received.   Dealers get incremented allotments for COVP orders so build & delivery time should not be affected by the dealer choice.  The only factors should be priority, order date, and the availability of parts which is easier said than done because the system wasn't designed to operate that way.   I think this has also been compounded by dealerships that haven't bothered to correctly submit and manage their orders.

25 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Very good point.  The postings here and other places suggest Ford (and others) still haven't figured out how to adjust their existing systems to consistently build and deliver vehicles in the order they (the orders) were received.   Dealers get incremented allotments for COVP orders so build & delivery time should not be affected by the dealer choice.  The only factors should be priority, order date, and the availability of parts which is easier said than done because the system wasn't designed to operate that way.   I think this has also been compounded by dealerships that haven't bothered to correctly submit and manage their orders.

They know how.  They did exactly that with Bronco.  But the dealers whined and complained so they went back to a custom but traditional allocation system.  There is no more incremental COVP allocation.  Dealers are expected to manage 2022 reorders and early 2023 orders via priorities.

They basically punted and gave in to the dealers and that was due in large part to Grainger and a couple of other dealers who got huge COVP order queues.  So it’s not a system or process problem it’s a whiny dealer problem.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

They know how.  They did exactly that with Bronco.  But the dealers whined and complained so they went back to a custom but traditional allocation system.  There is no more incremental COVP allocation.  Dealers are expected to manage 2022 reorders and early 2023 orders via priorities.

They basically punted and gave in to the dealers and that was due in large part to Grainger and a couple of other dealers who got huge COVP order queues.  So it’s not a system or process problem it’s a whiny dealer problem.

That's sad.  The big guys are all about competition and a free market until someone else beats them.  In the end, the losers are Ford's customers.  Yeah, yeah, I know we're not really Ford's customers. We're the dealership's customers.

I I 
I found this post on another Ford Forum:
I have no idea if this is Fact or just Rumor
mrmag00 Posted
Mountain Pass

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Got this from my local dealer today.

Ford just updated the dealers on 2023 Super Duty production. Here is what we know:

The Super Duty Order Bank for Job 1 orders will open 10/27/22 with production beginning in early February. The only Models that will be produced for Job 1 are XL, XLT, and Lariats. Note: XLTs with Tremor package will not be produced until Job 2. Lariats will only be available with limited options.

The Order Bank will accept and price Job 2 in late February. This will include all Models as it will expand out to include King Ranch, Platinum, Limited as well as full line of options for the XLT and Lariat. Production on Job 2 will start in April.

Ford will not provide the 2023 Super Duty Build and Price link until around April. I can take an order at the store or if you are not available, we can do it over the phone.

If you want an XLT or a Lariat with features not available until Job 2 or a King Ranch, Platinum or Limited we can and should build it when the Order Bank opens for Job 1. By doing this you will have it accounted for in Westlie’s allocation. We won’t have pricing at that time and when you see the pricing you can change or cancel if you wish. We don’t know how long the order bank will be open, so we want to get orders in before Ford closes it. Ford has extended the 2022 model year (MY) to sixteen months and plan to go back to their usual production fiscal year for 2024. This means that we will have an eight-month selling season unless Ford sells out production before August when Orders normally stop for a MY.