On 10/15/2022 at 7:40 PM, Havasu Guy said:
I I 
I found this post on another Ford Forum:
I have no idea if this is Fact or just Rumor
mrmag00 Posted
Mountain Pass

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Got this from my local dealer today.

Ford just updated the dealers on 2023 Super Duty production. Here is what we know:

The Super Duty Order Bank for Job 1 orders will open 10/27/22 with production beginning in early February. The only Models that will be produced for Job 1 are XL, XLT, and Lariats. Note: XLTs with Tremor package will not be produced until Job 2. Lariats will only be available with limited options.

The Order Bank will accept and price Job 2 in late February. This will include all Models as it will expand out to include King Ranch, Platinum, Limited as well as full line of options for the XLT and Lariat. Production on Job 2 will start in April.

Ford will not provide the 2023 Super Duty Build and Price link until around April. I can take an order at the store or if you are not available, we can do it over the phone.

If you want an XLT or a Lariat with features not available until Job 2 or a King Ranch, Platinum or Limited we can and should build it when the Order Bank opens for Job 1. By doing this you will have it accounted for in Westlie’s allocation. We won’t have pricing at that time and when you see the pricing you can change or cancel if you wish. We don’t know how long the order bank will be open, so we want to get orders in before Ford closes it. Ford has extended the 2022 model year (MY) to sixteen months and plan to go back to their usual production fiscal year for 2024. This means that we will have an eight-month selling season unless Ford sells out production before August when Orders normally stop for a MY.

If I understand your posting correctly, are you saying all orders for super duty’s can be placed once the banks open but pricing won’t be available until months later? How are you supposed to ensure you are getting a fair price? Is this fords way to counter inflation by allowing them to offer a final price once they start building depending on how much the cost of their inputs have fluctuated? 

3 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

If I understand your posting correctly, are you saying all orders for super duty’s can be placed once the banks open but pricing won’t be available until months later? How are you supposed to ensure you are getting a fair price? 

You negotiate based on MSRP since that’s the same for all dealers.  You’re not obligated so whatever the final price you can walk away.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You negotiate based on MSRP since that’s the same for all dealers.  You’re not obligated so whatever the final price you can walk away.

If I will be using a/z plan pricing I should expect to see a price at the time I build with my dealer next week correct?

Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

If I will be using a/z plan pricing I should expect to see a price at the time I build with my dealer next week correct?

Thank you!

It says you can’t order a higher trim until February (if that is accurate).  So you’d have to wait to order and wait for pricing.

33 minutes ago, George C said:

You can order any trim  you want on the 27th, but high line trim won’t be built until Job 2. 

That would make the most sense. That way, Ford would know how many outstanding orders they have on the books. I'm planning on ordering a Platinum (actually re-ordering an unscheduled '22) and the thought of having to wait until February to order worried me a bit.

1 hour ago, George C said:

You can order any trim  you want on the 27th, but high line trim won’t be built until Job 2. 

That all depends on how Ford configures the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system when they open the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and what information is included in the 2023 Super Duty Order Guide. Ford can easily configure WBDO to block orders for models and options that won't be available until Job #2. We'll know better when we see what Ford releases on the 27th. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

Wont know for sure until the official word from Ford but this quote implies otherwise.

The Order Bank will accept and price Job 2 in late February. 

All the above is true. None of us really know WTF will happen.

The only positive thing we can do on this side of the deal is to get the ball potentially rolling. Get to your dealer and place an order with them, assuming they’ll process it on the 27th. After that, all control is out of our hands, and let the chips fall where they may. 

I should have paperwork to sign for price protection/custom order at the end of the month. We’ll know more about it then. 

Edited by George C

Thats what I assumed. I will keep my eyes peeled on forums.

Surprised no specs have leaked on the 6.8. Impressed they are able to keep it concealed.

Disappointed we cant discuss the specs prior to the Order Bank.

Oh well. Likely going with the proven and “improved” (whatever that spec is) 7.3 anyway.

It’s probably best that you haven’t read any discussions before your order. For every positive comment or opinion, there will 10 baseless negative opinions..

When it comes to the overwhelming negatively that follows, I chalk it up to “tell me you can’t afford the truck without telling me you can’t afford the truck. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

George,

Great point as usual.

So true about baseless negativity on the net regardless of what the topic. Luckily Ive been on the net daily since 95 and have a knack for picking out baseless info. We’ve never “seen it all” but Im really careful who/what I believe after seeing a lot of internet craziness.

There is some helpful real life opinions here which I love. Great site overall for sure. The 6.8 has no real life experiences to share…but its still good stuff to hear and to consider or discount….carefully.  ?. Meantime, a proven and beloved 7.3 thats improved in any way seems to be the king for my needs. We will see !

6 hours ago, EastMark said:

Surprised no specs have leaked on the 6.8. Impressed they are able to keep it concealed.

Wonder if the engines are ready yet, ready for mass manufacturing(final testing been completed)? Has nothing been leaked because there have been setbacks in the design changes and/or testing stages?

That's right Ford, take your time and work out all the little pesky bugs before you pull the trigger on the engines!??

2023 Ford Super Duty Order Banks Open Up In November

https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2023-ford-super-duty-order-banks-open-up-in-november/

2023 Ford Super Duty order banks are now scheduled to open up on November 14th, 2022, nearly a month after the first reported date of October 17th. The all-new model will continue to be produced at the Kentucky Truck plant and Ohio Assembly plant and is expected to launch in early 2023, with some trims and features available starting next spring.

2023 Super Duty_Work Site.jpg

I can't confirm this information, but Ford Authority's information is usually very accurate. Assuming this report is correct, I expect that the 2023 Super Duty Order Guides will not be released tomorrow and will be released on or about 11/14/2022 when the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is now expected to open. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Wonder if the engines are ready yet, ready for mass manufacturing(final testing been completed)? Has nothing been leaked because there have been setbacks in the design changes and/or testing stages?

That's right Ford, take your time and work out all the little pesky bugs before you pull the trigger on the engines!??

Testing and miles most likely wrapped up last year..