2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

8 hours ago, 2022Limited said:

Hi guys. Hope this gives some hope. My Limited 350 vin received today. Scheduled to week 4/24

AA63B9FD-0749-4E04-A0F4-83538E08CE06.jpeg

That is encouraging! I’m waiting for my platinum to schedule. 
Where is everyone getting their VINs from? Is for emailing you an update with the VIN like their originally 45 day delay email? Or are you in constant communication with your dealer?

10 hours ago, F350Fanatic said:

I have a question for those with experience in ordering vehicles from ford… my truck(f350 ccsb lariat non ultimate 7.3l) has been in production since 21 March. It’s now been over a week. When should I expect production to be complete(considering there are no holds on anything in my build)? When I got my VIN, my dealer thought delivery would be end of April or mid May but I’m eager to see what ford projects as a delivery date. 

Seems like trucks that went into production before the oktb are in purgatory,  however trucks going down the line after the oktb seem to be in production around a week based on what items the truck has to be sent offsite for (bed liner, gooseneck, etc). One truck I ordered has shown as in production since 2/1 then built on 3/7 but still has not shipped. Other truck production on 3/14, built 3/21, showed shipped on 3/30 but it shipped earlier as I picked it up from the dealer last night.

1 hour ago, system said:

Dealers really have the best tracking system when they do a visibility report. They can track a built truck live on GPS and see where it is with Google sky view. I wish we had access to that!

I think you are right, Ford could probably lay off a bunch of customer service people cause it would cut call/chat volume so much!

On 10/31/2022 at 8:16 PM, CharlieKelley said:

I received my confirmation email from Ford a half hour ago.

I know that this has been hit on ad nauseum already, but I find it very frustrating that Ford is not sending update emails. I received an email Dec. 15 stating, "Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what." (I added emphasis.) I received another email Jan. 29 saying, essentially, "No update, but we haven't forgotten about you." It's been more than 45 days since then, and I have heard nothing.

I don't need emails every 45 days saying that they still haven't made my truck. But when they come out themselves and make that promise, I expect them to keep that promise, especially given how easy it is to send out automated emails.

It's annoying. Rant over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

I know that this has been hit on ad nauseum already, but I find it very frustrating that Ford is not sending update emails. I received an email Dec. 15 stating, "Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what." (I added emphasis.) I received another email Jan. 29 saying, essentially, "No update, but we haven't forgotten about you." It's been more than 45 days since then, and I have heard nothing.

I don't need emails every 45 days saying that they still haven't made my truck. But when they come out themselves and make that promise, I expect them to keep that promise, especially given how easy it is to send out automated emails.

I'm with you on that.  I got the same emails as you did on those dates.  Then nothing since.  I sure didn't expect to get my truck any time before the summer of '23 when I ordered on 10.28.22.  But when someone says the word "promise", you sort of expect them to hold to it.  My only hope is that the reason is that perhaps scheduling for my truck will happen soon and therefore they figured no need to send an email.  But I'm sure that's just me pretending to not be pissed off at Ford.  Still no update "as promised" now for 61 days and counting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

This. Do what you say you are going to do or don't say it.

Have been hearing talk on FB that the 2023 have halogen taillights. When I ordered mine I was told led light all around. Has anyone received a 2023 yet and can confirm or deny LED or halogen. I tried a google search of what's included with the 608a and really can't find anything.

found this on the build site 

up top it says led headlamps and taillights, but lower down states halogen with led reverse lights

Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.35.40 AM.png

Edited by Wizardfitz

19 hours ago, fordsixsev said:

I got a question, ordered a 23' Platinum 10/27/22 I went down to priority code 10 but I asked my dealer for my order sheet, and now I am back to priority 19? Sorry if this may be a dumb question but is there a reason why they put me back to priority code 19?

The default priority code for retail orders is 19 with codes 10-18 requiring Dealers to manually assign codes lower than 19. If an order is re-prioritized by the Regional Scheduler to either 01 or 02, the code can revert back to previous code if the Dealer then submits changes to the order after the 01 or 02 assignment. The Dealer would then need to contact the Regional Scheduler through their Ford Zone Manager to have the order reprioritized back to 01 or 02. 

If the order was never reprioritized to 01 or 02 by the Regional Scheduler, someone at the dealership had to have changed the order. You should talk to your Dealer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Have been hearing talk on FB that the 2023 have halogen taillights. When I ordered mine I was told led light all around. Has anyone received a 2023 yet and can confirm or deny LED or halogen. I tried a google search of what's included with the 608a and really can't find anything.

found this on the build site 

up top it says led headlamps and taillights, but lower down states halogen with led reverse lights

Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.35.40 AM.png

My 23 lariat has halogen... supposed to have LED by order guide. Don't really care other than it was promised and not what I got... didn't get compensated.

Got to pick my 23 CCSB Lariat 7.3 up on Thursday. Loving it so far!  Much nicer than my 22 STX... lol.  I even had to hook up my gooseneck to pull it out from under some trees because of some really high winds, didn't want trees falling on my trailer... still need to put a bunch of miles on it before actually towing.

20230401_143736.jpg

20230401_143719.jpg

20230401_143655.jpg

20230331_080309.jpg

20230330_185814.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, F250 2023 said:

My 23 lariat has halogen... supposed to have LED by order guide. Don't really care other than it was promised and not what I got... didn't get compensated.

What options/packages were ordered as part of the build. Did your order come with the Ultimate package?

2 hours ago, schneesb said:

What options/packages were ordered as part of the build. Did your order come with the Ultimate package?

I didn't get ultimate, but a basic lariat was supposed to have LED taillights according to the order guide when I placed my order.

9 hours ago, F250 2023 said:

I didn't get ultimate, but a basic lariat was supposed to have LED taillights according to the order guide when I placed my order.

Yes when I ordered the order guide Saud LEDs all around. Even the update order guide lists LED tails

2 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Yes when I ordered the order guide Saud LEDs all around. Even the update order guide lists LED tails

I see that my Lariat window sticker does not mention LED tail lights, although it does list LED REFLECTOR HEADLAMPS and LED CTR HIGH MNT STOP LAMP. I would think that if it was going to get the LED tail lights, they would be listed, too. I was happy to see them in the order guide and disappointed to hear that they aren't showing up on trucks.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:32 AM, Yankst28 said:

That is encouraging! I’m waiting for my platinum to schedule. 
Where is everyone getting their VINs from? Is for emailing you an update with the VIN like their originally 45 day delay email? Or are you in constant communication with your dealer?

This picture on the page showing in production,  built etc. Is that a rendition of our actual truck or just a generic version? Ie color  , crew , supercab, long short bed.