2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

2023 Super Duty Order Banks Will Open Up This Week

https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2023-ford-super-duty-order-banks-will-open-up-this-week/

2023 Super Duty_Highway.jpg

As Ford Authority reported back in July, 2023 Ford Super Duty order banks were previously expected to open up this month, on October 17th. However, just yesterday, Ford Authority reported that 2023 Ford Super Duty order banks were scheduled to open up on on November 14th, nearly a month later. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that 2023 Ford Super Duty order banks will open up earlier than expected, after all – on October 27th.

This change was made very recently and moves 2023 Super Duty order banks up significantly, an unusual move given the fact that order banks have commonly been pushed back in this world full of supply chain issues – not the other way around. Regardless, when order banks open later this week, it will be for the entire lineup and all configurations of the popular model.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

I'm confused on how the Job 1 vs. Job 2 order banks work.  The Job 1 order banks allow scheduling of Lariat models, but it also says that you cannot order trucks with the trailer BLIS system until Job 2.  However, the Lariat model comes standard with the trailer BLIS.  Does this mean that if I order a Lariat for Job 1 that the truck will not come with the trailer BLIS and if I want that feature I need to wait until February?

I have no idea. I hadn’t noticed that part. The “normal” BLIS system is built into the taillights and a the computer changes the distance it checks based on a trailer length input by the user. At least that’s how it is on my ranger and some F150s I’ve driven. It wouldn’t surprise me if the 5th wheel system is different, but again I can’t say for certain

1 hour ago, Tarmijo94 said:

I have no idea. I hadn’t noticed that part. The “normal” BLIS system is built into the taillights and a the computer changes the distance it checks based on a trailer length input by the user. At least that’s how it is on my ranger and some F150s I’ve driven. It wouldn’t surprise me if the 5th wheel system is different, but again I can’t say for certain

Since the Gooseneck and fifth wheel trailers block the rear tail lights, does the gooseneck/fifth wheel BLIS require additional sensors be put on the trailer? If so, that seems like something that would be available as an aftermarket/accessory feature and not have to be ordered with the truck.

Edited by CharlieKelley

1 hour ago, Tarmijo94 said:

@ice-capades

I'm sure you get asked this a lot. Would my dealer know pricing in their systems today now that guide is out, or is it all a mystery until Thursday? I plan on ordering next month, but wouldn't hate having a little more info before then.

You'd have to ask your Dealer to check the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarmijo94 said:

@ice-capades

I'm sure you get asked this a lot. Would my dealer know pricing in their systems today now that guide is out, or is it all a mystery until Thursday? I plan on ordering next month, but wouldn't hate having a little more info before then.

I was at the dealer around 10:30 this morning, and i had already printed out the order guide and went thru it myself. Went to the dealer, and basically gave them my order guide, they weren't able to pull up any WBDO yet for the 23. I've had constant contact with my dealer over the past few months, and i was able to secure their first allotment, and will be the first order they put in on thursday. Along with a 10 priority code. Hopefully i get this truck this time. I ordered a 21 from this dealer on 2/28/2021, and of course, it was one of them that was sent to a race track without a chip. I found my 21 in July of 21 at a different dealer, and the one i originally ordered finally shipped out in september of 21. So the just held my deposit, and are using it now on this 23. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

I'm wondering if they will disclose the engine info by the time the order banks open. How would I know if I want to order a 6.7HO or not... Do they usually have that info available by the time you can order? 

Engine info including price......I just checked a box that could be a $20k option for all I know.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

@ice-capades

my dealer is telling me that they are unsure what time the USOB will open tomorrow. They say it could be in the evening. Do you happen to know that info or what is expected/standard for ford when it comes to opening the USOB?

Thank you!

The USOB's are usually open in the morning as long as everything is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, but nothing is usual these days. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Thanks 1

Do we think there's any truth to this "order in 30 minutes" talk? Surely ford wont turn away order after 1 day, or even less than an hour?

Obviously the earlier the order the greater chance of priority at the dealer, but I can't wrap my head around it possibly cutting off that early.

27 minutes ago, Tarmijo94 said:

Do we think there's any truth to this "order in 30 minutes" talk? Surely ford wont turn away order after 1 day, or even less than an hour?

Obviously the earlier the order the greater chance of priority at the dealer, but I can't wrap my head around it possibly cutting off that early.

No.  The Maverick order bank lasted 5 days.  I don't expect the SD to close anything near that.

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

From what I've read, dealers have been told how many '23s they will be allocated, so as soon as your dealer reaches their allocation, they're done for the year. That could be tomorrow or sometime after Job2 opens up in February.  

Ford doesn't even know how many 2023MY Super Duty's they'll be able to produce yet! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rottekatz1 said:

Yesterday, 25 Oct, my dealer told me that the order banks don't open until 7 Nov.  Maybe I should find a new dealer?

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open tomorrow. The 2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide was released yesterday and is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• Like 2