Need help finding a new F250 Platinum 6.7L

Kevin G

I am in the market for a new 2022 F250 Platinum 6.7L Black on Black with the Pano roof, and tow package.  I keep reaching out to dealers on Cars.com but all are sold. I need to purchase one within the next two weeks.  I figure I would see if any of you on here have a better way to find one or if any dealerships reps are on here that might have one in transit.  

Also, how do I get the PCO certificate?  I tried to request a brochure online but they online do a PDF so I am know sure if there is a better way to get it. 

27 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

I am in the market for a new 2022 F250 Platinum 6.7L Black on Black with the Pano roof, and tow package.  I keep reaching out to dealers on Cars.com but all are sold. I need to purchase one within the next two weeks.  I figure I would see if any of you on here have a better way to find one or if any dealerships reps are on here that might have one in transit.  

Cars.com and other 3rd party sites are geared primarily towards pre-owned vehicles. In addition, the truck you're describing will be very difficult to find unless a Dealer has a cancelled retail vehicle that they're willing to sell, but expect to pay well over MSRP. That's if you can find one and willing to travel. There's a search function at the Ford.com site you can try or a Ford Dealer can do the search for you.

12 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Also, how do I get the PCO certificate?  I tried to request a brochure online but they online do a PDF so I am know sure if there is a better way to get it. 

A year or two ago you could call Ford directly and they can do a regional or nation wide search for the vehicle. I would see if they will still do this for you.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Robin Hood said:

A year or two ago you could call Ford directly and they can do a regional or nation wide search for the vehicle. I would see if they will still do this for you.

You can search dealer inventory on the Ford site. Pick your model, click search inventory, and make sure you’re looking at blue window stickers before contacting a dealer. 

35 minutes ago, le engineer said:

You can search dealer inventory on the Ford site. Pick your model, click search inventory, and make sure you’re looking at blue window stickers before contacting a dealer. 

Yes, but this only gives you a small radius around a specific zip code. It takes a long time to do a nation wide search this way.

Edited by Robin Hood
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That’s how I found my truck…..repeated dealer searches all over the country until I found a dealer ordered unit with the features I wanted that just went into production.  That was earlier this year and was only after looking for about 2 months.  From what I see and have seen, there are a lot more 6.7’s out there and available than gas models.  I know a lot of dyed in the wool diesel guys who have gone to the 7.3 gas and love it.  When I picked mine up, the dealer had 7 diesels on the lot they couldn’t move while every gasser was sold before it ever hit the lot.  As for PCO’s, I have received 3 this year, the last one 9 days ago.  No idea how or why, but they keep sending them.  

Edited by NH_Bulldog