2023 Ford Explorer - Premium Technology Package Unavailable to Order?

Hi,

I am placing an order for a new 2023 Ford Explore and I want the *premium* technology package but I am being told my dealer is unable to select when placing the order. Can anyone confirm if this is in fact true and if there is a work around ? My wife REALLY wants the massaging seats.

Thanks,

• ice-capades changed the title to 2023 Ford Explorer - Premium Technology Package Unavailable to Order?
57 minutes ago, SpykeYs said:

Hi,

I am placing an order for a new 2023 Ford Explore and I want the *premium* technology package but I am being told my dealer is unable to select when placing the order. Can anyone confirm if this is in fact true and if there is a work around ? My wife REALLY wants the massaging seats.

Thanks,

The Premium Technology Package (65P) is a "Controlled Commodity" option according to the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Unfortunately, there is no notation regarding that in the 2023 Explorer Order Guide. Your Dealer may need to contact their Ford Zone Manager or regional representative to get more information as there is no workaround in the WBDO system that I can find. FYI... It's the same with the U.S. version also. It may require special allocation but regardless, Dealers should still be able to select it in WBDO in order to configure the desired vehicle specifications and generate an Order Preview in WBDO for pricing information. WBDO could still be configured to allow it to be selected and then generate a notice about the "Controlled Commodity" status. 

Thanks.... i called my dealer again and he said it's "controlled" but he is unable to select the option when placing the order.

He will contact a zone manager on Monday.

I really hope we are going to be able to order it... my wife says yes only if we can get the massaging seats lol