Great video on the 23 SD by TFL truck

Well...they do a somewhat good job.  When they can't review the products improvements or updates from year to year they tend to look like a bunch of hacks.  

1:33....It's always been CREW CAB...Never been called a Super Crew..

2:33...Updated the hitches...."I believe it's a 2.5" hitch.."  I know the 2.5" hitch has been around since at least 2015.....

Anyway....I'll just golf clap.  

1 hour ago, HeavyAssault said:

Well...they do a somewhat good job.  When they can't review the products improvements or updates from year to year they tend to look like a bunch of hacks.  

1:33....It's always been CREW CAB...Never been called a Super Crew..

2:33...Updated the hitches...."I believe it's a 2.5" hitch.."  I know the 2.5" hitch has been around since at least 2015.....

Anyway....I'll just golf clap.  

Easy mistake since SuperCrew and SuperCab are used in the 150. Super Cab is used in the Super Duty.  As far as the hitch goes, I think they were showing it was not a 3". 

I would like to know what color that truck is since it looks different than the gray on the Ford site.   Maybe it was just the lighting. 

Edited by Monoman

7 hours ago, Monoman said:

Easy mistake since SuperCrew and SuperCab are used in the 150. Super Cab is used in the Super Duty.  As far as the hitch goes, I think they were showing it was not a 3". 

I would like to know what color that truck is since it looks different than the gray on the Ford site.   Maybe it was just the lighting. 

Battleship Gray?

On 10/1/2022 at 7:21 AM, Monoman said:

F350 trucks all come with a 3" hitch (depending on options selected).  Not to mention he says "they updated the hitches".  That was done LONG ago...not new even to the Alumi-Duty models.  

F150 "thoughts" while covering Super Duty??  I mean these YouTube stars are supposed to be knowledgable.  It's not rocket science...study the material before you talk like you are the experts.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:21 AM, Monoman said:

I'm pretty sure that's the same Limited trim truck Ford used in their media pics.  Azure Grey is the listed color per the Ford media site.

2 hours ago, HeavyAssault said:

F350 trucks all come with a 3" hitch (depending on options selected).  Not to mention he says "they updated the hitches".  That was done LONG ago...not new even to the Alumi-Duty models.  

F150 "thoughts" while covering Super Duty??  I mean these YouTube stars are supposed to be knowledgable.  It's not rocket science...study the material before you talk like you are the experts.

What do you mean "LONG ago?" I believe he was specifically referring to the chain hoops, which now have a bump out to make it easier to connect to and also updated the connection to the frame.

Ford changed to the 2.5" hitch LONG ago....at least back to 2015 models (that's what I have).  That's an F350 truck which would drive it to the 3" receiver, UNLESS the options selected downgraded the tow capacity, which drives a 2.5" hitch.  Since it's a Limited Trim the only selection to downgrade to a 2.5" would be the GWVR selection....BUT looking at the rear leaf springs there's the overload spring so most likely it's not GVWR restricted.  

I can't wait to read thru the specifications once they are published.  

3 hours ago, HeavyAssault said:

Ford changed to the 2.5" hitch LONG ago....at least back to 2015 models (that's what I have).  That's an F350 truck which would drive it to the 3" receiver, UNLESS the options selected downgraded the tow capacity, which drives a 2.5" hitch.  Since it's a Limited Trim the only selection to downgrade to a 2.5" would be the GWVR selection....BUT looking at the rear leaf springs there's the overload spring so most likely it's not GVWR restricted.  

I can't wait to read thru the specifications once they are published.  

He wasn't referring to the size of the receiver.  He was specifically referring to the configuration of the chain hoops and the hitch to frame connection which is updated for 2023.

14 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

This video really made me happy I was able to get a 2022. The new interior is too wannabe Tesla, the facelift is not my jam either. Honestly the only thing I wish I could get is the HUD. 

Also glad I got a 22, I like the widespread availability of LED’s on the 23 and don’t hate the front end with certain grilles. However, while I get the function I am not a fan in the least bit of the bed and bumper steps and am very disappointed they aren’t optional.

Edited by Winnipesaukee1
  • Like 1

With interest rates going nuts and the MSRP climbing (mine jumped 4k+ from order to delivery) I cannot see making the leap especially if the dealers are not giving trade values like in the recent past.  I can imagine my 22 Lariate pushing 88k MSRP on a 23 as it's equipped now.  I read an article the other day that stated auto manufacturers are hesitant to discount cars and like to produce the higher end trims as its best for their bottom line.  How is this sustainable? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

With interest rates going nuts and the MSRP climbing (mine jumped 4k+ from order to delivery) I cannot see making the leap especially if the dealers are not giving trade values like in the recent past.  I can imagine my 22 Lariate pushing 88k MSRP on a 23 as it's equipped now.  I read an article the other day that stated auto manufacturers are hesitant to discount cars and like to produce the higher end trims as its best for their bottom line.  How is this sustainable? 

The MSRP on my 22 went up a shade under $6k from when I ordered mine which was right after 22 order banks opened up to the last price increase for the 22’s. My 2012 SD MSRP was $47k and if I had optioned my 22 the exact same it would have been $55.5k so we’ve done about 10 years of MSRP inflation in about 10 months ?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My big question is when did Ford and TFL kiss and make up? 

Welcome to corporate America! It's all about the money, publicity, marketing value, etc. for Ford and the other manufacturers. In addition, any positive media coverage for future products helps divert attention from any negative factors affecting the company such as price increases. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My, how times have changed. I remember my first super duty order was in 1998 for a 1999 Lariat CCSWB with the 7.3L diesel. 
That was the top of the food chain then, and it listed for a whopping $38,400. LOL. 
I think invoice was somewhere around 34K. 

Seriously, that was rather expensive back then. 

Price is figured to what they feel the market will bear.. and obviously, it will bear a lot..

E0DF2253-B796-4DAF-9C67-2B410044EE2A.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

My, how times have changed. I remember my first super duty order was in 1998 for a 1999 Lariat CCSWB with the 7.3L diesel. 
That was the top of the food chain then, and it listed for a whopping $38,400. LOL. 
I think invoice was somewhere around 34K. 

Seriously, that was rather expensive back then. 

Price is figured to what they feel the market will bear.. and obviously, it will bear a lot..

E0DF2253-B796-4DAF-9C67-2B410044EE2A.jpeg

The picture is awesome. Time sure flies !

• 3 weeks later...

Since the order guide has popped up now I wanted to address my previous comments about the video.

Ford has changed their "offerings" once again for standard equipment on these trucks.  At this point in time the F250/F350 SRW trucks offer only a 2.5" standard receiver hitch, while the F350/F450 DRW trucks will get the 3" standard receiver hitch.

So if you own a current F350/F250 SRW with a 3" receiver hitch and you want a newer 2023+.........you now need another hitch to work on your new truck.  How nice!! 

With that MAYBE the Job 2 trucks will get the 3" receiver, or maybe Ford will flip/flop again on newer model years.  We know Ford will update the Order Guides as well so maybe it will change for the 2023 trucks.  

On 11/8/2022 at 8:46 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

One can ner have too many trailer hitches.? (kinda like guns, tools and trucks)

That was sort of solved with the receiver hitch sleeves that would come with the trucks.  I know my 2015 has a 2.5" receiver and the 2" sleeve.  Ford did the same with the 3" receivers, if I recall those have a 2.5" and 2" sleeve. 

It's not good for people moving from the 2017+ trucks that have a 3" hitch.  ??