Special Service Message 51116 - 2022 Expedition/Navigator - Rear Seat Entertainment Screens Staying On - Battery Drain

BigVette

Some 2022 Expedition/Navigator vehicles may experience rear seat entertainment screens staying on with possible battery drain. This may be due to Amazon entertainment system software. An over-the-air (OTA) software update is coming on 07-Oct-2022 to remedy this concern. In the interim, remove fuse F24 in body control module (BCM) for two minutes and reinstall, the screens should power back on. Touch each display, select Settings > Network > Turn Off Wi-Fi. Customers can still use the HDMI, and USB ports to connect an external device but Amazon FireTV will not be available until the OTA update. After 07-Oct-2022, vehicle power needs to be turned on, touch each display, select Settings > Network > Turn On Wi-Fi. Customer will need to connect to their account. The Amazon entertainment system software OTA update will happen automatically as soon as account is connected.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Flgator said:

I just got my 2022 Navigator last week and I am having the issue of the monitors staying on. Was the issue fixed? I do not see any updates available. Where is the fuse F24 you mentioned above? I couldn't find it. 

Did you follow the instructions in the post describing how to connect your account? It says the update will happen automatically after that. 

Don't bother with the F24 fuse in the BCM, it's easier to just remove the negative cable on your battery, wait 15 minutes, and reattach. I can confirm that both my RSE units have now been successfully updated to build# 2973. I spoke with VOXX Monday and this patch should address the issue with the battery drain after the vehicle is shut off, as well as the issue where sometimes the unit would just no longer continue to power on when you started your vehicle. 

It took me several attempts on my Left RSE unit to get the patch to fully take, but it finally did. Turn on your vehicle and load up your RSE unit, go to updates, search for updates, let it download the update, and then install the update. Once done installing, reboot the system or just turn your vehicle off and back on again, and when it finally accepts the new update, it will read the same Fire OS 7.2.9.1 (PS7291/2973). The 2973 is the build number and is the current build that you are wanting to get to.