Improving MPG

Jerry52

I have a 2022 Ranger Lariat FX4, I'm getting around 22 mpg which is pretty good overall. I haven't done any Mods on it except put on a ARE canopy. Was wondering if any one has tried any tuner programs to help improve mpg. I know the most common things to do, proper tire inflation, proper maintenance and don't carry around extra weight. I know some of the tuners will void the warranty but some brands say they won't, like Chip My Car which could improve horsepower up to 60 hp and up to 5 more mpg . Has anyone tried or knows someone that has any tuners. I'm only wanting to improve mpg and not trying to turn my Ranger into a race truck. 90% of my driving is Hwy until I get to the mountains and then mostly just Soft Roading. Any thoughts or suggestions on tuners or improving fuel mileage would be appreciated.      

26 minutes ago, Jerry52 said:

I have a 2022 Ranger Lariat FX4, I'm getting around 22 mpg which is pretty good overall. I haven't done any Mods on it except put on a ARE canopy. Was wondering if any one has tried any tuner programs to help improve mpg. I know the most common things to do, proper tire inflation, proper maintenance and don't carry around extra weight. I know some of the tuners will void the warranty but some brands say they won't, like Chip My Car which could improve horsepower up to 60 hp and up to 5 more mpg . Has anyone tried or knows someone that has any tuners. I'm only wanting to improve mpg and not trying to turn my Ranger into a race truck. 90% of my driving is Hwy until I get to the mountains and then mostly just Soft Roading. Any thoughts or suggestions on tuners or improving fuel mileage would be appreciated.      

If all you want is MPG don’t bother.  You’ll have to run premium and the small gain in mpg won’t cover the higher cost of premium fuel.

Thanks, I checked that option too and math proved that too, even if the Chip My Car did give me a few more mpg it would take over a year to get my money back on it. I really think it comes down to smart driving and proper tire inflation, driving the speed limit I've had my mpg all the way up to 26 mpg, it would be cool to see if I could get it up to 30 mpg but I don't want to damage the engine trying using a tuner.