MY 2022 Hybrid Production

Peterman

It looks like many hybrids which were scheduled for production in October are being pushed back, with several people receiving emails that their production week is now November 14 (which is the balance out day for MY 2022).

It seems like the hybrid engine is severely constrained.  What is the likelihood that the MY 2022 production will be extended past November 14 at this point?  And would that delay the start of the 2023 production, or is it conceivable that they would produce 2022s and 2023s at the same time?

1 hour ago, j2sys said:

How do they do that with the retail order banks closed for MY2023?

Good question.  Also these MY 2022 orders have already been assigned VINs.  Would those just get cancelled / converted to new 2023 VINs?

Aside from a few color changes, and the addition of cruise control to the XL, there are not many differences between 2022 and 2023, so anything is possible.  I was under the impression that receiving a MY 2022 VIN ensured production of a MY 2022 vehicle.

58 minutes ago, Peterman said:

Many are now stating that Ford customer service reps are quoting scheduled build dates for 2022 Mavericks as late as the week of 12/19 (well past the 11/14 balance out date).  Is there no official word from Ford on extending the 2022 production?

The 2022MY Maverick production "Balance Out" date is 11/14/2022 which is the latest official information from Ford via the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) released on 10/07/2022. Where are you seeing these "many" reporting that Ford Customer Service is stating 2022MY Maverick scheduled production dates as late as the week of 12/19/2022? 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74044-2023-maverick-production-information/

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, Peterman said:

Over at the Maverick Truck Club.  Some show screenshots of Ford customer service chats: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/moved-to-december-12th.22118/

I just looked at the link you provided for the Maverick Truck Club and found no facts, documentation, etc. to support the claims made about 2022MY Maverick orders being scheduled for production as late as the week of 12/19/2022. The posts there are a lot of nonsense, speculation, rumors, etc. The first post with the chat screen capture provides nothing other than a scheduling notice with no information on the actual order. 2023MY Maverick orders started scheduling on 09/29/2022 and Ford will be scheduling 2023MY Maverick orders this week for production the week of 12/05/2022. 

Ford released official information regarding unscheduled 2022MY Maverick retail orders and the process to convert those orders to 2023MY orders with specific instructions to Dealers. I'd suggest reviewing the official information I've posted in the https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74044-2023-maverick-production-information/ forum. There you'll find Ford's official 2022MY balance out information, 2023MY scheduling information and more.   

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

IC, does this screen look legit?

HRG

T Brogan 22 Mav 12.12.JPG

Thanks for the information. Something's not right somewhere. The VIN number is for a 2022MY but the 2022MY Balance Out date is 11/14/2022 and Ford is already scheduling 2023MY Maverick's for December production. Just out of curiosity, what's the status date of this Vehicle Visibility report?

If Ford's pushed back the 2022MY Balance Out date, there's been no change notice via the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is the official source for such information.  

2022MY_2023MY Maverick Production Schedule_2022-10-14.jpg

47 minutes ago, akirby said:

Remember Ford pushed back the opening of the order banks without telling dealers.  I think they’re just lazy at communicating.

Agreed but it goes far beyond being lazy. Information is often released late, incorrect or full of errors including spelling and grammar, etc. The new FDNB report is an absolute mess requiring the user to reformat the entire document to fit on a page with content on some pages that are a different size page from others, etc. There's a lot of sloppy, unprofessional work showing no pride or concern about quality. Simply proofreading a document and fixing errors, etc. before release would save a lot of time and make things a lot easier in the long run. Then again, why should Ford communications be any better than much or most of the vehicle quality issues evidenced by nearly daily recalls! Hmmm... lazy, can't be bothered and/or incompetent. Oh wait, that's what we keep saying to describe the customer experience with many of the dealerships! 

Okay, my vent for today! Not a great Monday so far!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed but it goes far beyond being lazy. Information is often released late, incorrect or full of errors including spelling and grammar, etc. The new FDNB report is an absolute mess requiring the user to reformat the entire document to fit on a page with content on some pages that are a different size page from others, etc. There's a lot of sloppy, unprofessional work showing no pride or concern about quality. Simply proofreading a document and fixing errors, etc. before release would save a lot of time and make things a lot easier in the long run. Then again, why should Ford communications be any better than much or most of the vehicle quality issues evidenced by nearly daily recalls! Hmmm... lazy, can't be bothered and/or incompetent. Oh wait, that's what we keep saying to describe the customer experience with many of the dealerships! 

Now dealers get a taste of the quality of "communications" consumers have been receiving direct from Ford?  See the lack of any updates, the emails that say "we promised an update every 45 days, so here's an email saying there's no update" at the same time it's currently in production, etc.  Or has it long been like this for dealers as well?

1 hour ago, j2sys said:

Now dealers get a taste of the quality of "communications" consumers have been receiving direct from Ford?  See the lack of any updates, the emails that say "we promised an update every 45 days, so here's an email saying there's no update" at the same time it's currently in production, etc.  Or has it long been like this for dealers as well?

There's always been minor things but that's to be expected to a degree, but the communications quality has gotten much worse in the past couple of years, especially in the past 6 months.  

• Sad 1

Here's the official answer from Ford regarding 2022MY Maverick orders with production dates (December 12th) scheduled after the 2022MY Balance Out Date. 

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

INFORMATION
22MY Maverick Hybrid Order Cancellations

ACTION REQUESTED

• Certain scheduled 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders will need to be cancelled due to supplier shortages at 22MY Balance Out.
  • Affected 22MY Stock and Retail orders have had their scheduled build date pushed to December 12th and will eventually be cancelled by Ford Motor Company. All allocation will be returned to the affected dealers for 23MY production.
  • Be aware that Ford is working on a solution to transfer cancelled retail orders over to 23MY and will provide additional updates and instructions at a future date.

SUMMARY
We will be required to submit cancellations on certain scheduled 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders due to supplier shortages at the 22MY Balance Out. Primarily retail orders will be impacted by these balance out cancellations. Your Sales and Inventory teams will provide a list of each dealer’s impacted orders.

All allocation will be returned to the affected dealers as 23MY allocation in the coming wholesales. This replacement allocation will likely be provided over several months – not all at once.

Ford is working on a solution to automatically transfer over these 22MY cancelled orders to 23MY on the dealers’ behalf.  When these orders are transferred to 23MY, we will plan to prioritize them ahead of other 23MY Hybrid orders pending other commodities restrictions.  A future communication will be provided when we have final instructions on moving these orders to 23MY with any additional actions required.

TIMELINE AND KEY DATES

• October 16: Affected 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders moved to December 12th build week
  • TBD: Affected 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders transferred to 23MY order bank and cancelled on the dealers’ behalf
  • Late October: Follow-up communication provided with additional actions/next steps

INCENTIVE & PRICE PROTECTION
Price Protection and Incentive Protection details will be communicated at a later date.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Peterman said:

So, I assume this means the 2022 production will extend through the end of November at least, or maybe through the week of 12/5?

No. 2022MY Maverick production will balance out as scheduled on 11/14/2022. The Job #1 Date for 2023MY Maverick production is 11/16/2022.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74044-2023-maverick-production-information/

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

No. 2022MY Maverick production will balance out as scheduled on 11/14/2022. The Job #1 Date for 2023MY Maverick production is 11/16/2022.

I get that this is the latest official date from Ford.  But I have this email from last night:

image.png.0dae2a5825e1680fc1c139abc66cbb8e.png

The memo above references December 12 build dates moving to 2023, so not sure where that leaves me...