2023 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

kakakakaka

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 2:19 PM, IndyNav83 said:

Picked it up yesterday, 2023 Navigator Reserve with Monochromatic package

14EE2324-C98D-4B83-81AE-E60849A49174.jpeg

What are those big bulbs under the side mirrors? Watching vids of 2022 black label models on youtube and out of the 10 or so vids I saw only 2 had these big bulbs underneath.

2 hours ago, mkalbarc said:

What are those big bulbs under the side mirrors? Watching vids of 2022 black label models on youtube and out of the 10 or so vids I saw only 2 had these big bulbs underneath.

Hi mkalbarc. Congratulations!

I will take a guess that they are the cameras for the 360° view display.

I am sure others will jump in if I am mistaken.

Also, your new Navigator is loaded with all sorts of great features. So I would also recommend you take a quick look through the Owners Manual and Quick Reference Guide, to get acquainted with your new vehicle. Otherwise you may miss quite a lot of great stuff. ?

EDIT- Oooops...BL and I were typing our replies at the same time...lol

Best of luck with your new Navigator!

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 2

Believe this is the correct answer. Was at the dealership today picking up my 19 (Had phasers done) and asked a salesman. Said he believed it to be part of the towing package, since they had 4 on site navs and only two had these crazy huge humps under the mirrors. I wonder if there is any difference in the quality compared to the regular cameras?

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

I believe the cameras are different if you get the max tow pkg.

Edited by mkalbarc

1 hour ago, mkalbarc said:

Believe this is the correct answer. Was at the dealership today picking up my 19 (Had phasers done) and asked a salesman. Said he believed it to be part of the towing package, since they had 4 on site navs and only two had these crazy huge humps under the mirrors. I wonder if there is any difference in the quality compared to the regular cameras?

Well, the cameras definitely grew in size from 2019 to 2022. I had a 2020 Black Label with the towing package. Cameras were smaller than the ones on my 2022 BL. I think the copilot 360 has a bearing on it as well. 

• Like 1

I have posted previously in this thread about ordering the Standard Plus package Navigator L 4wd.  My price was $87000 and the only real differences between the $98000 Reserve model and the Standard plus was #1)  the interior is the artificial leather versus automotive leather and I could not tell a difference between the 2 and #2)  HUD screen.  

So I ordered the Standard first day the order book was open which I think was in August/September 2022.  The production date has been pushed up several times and now the dealership has told me it wont be built until April meaning probably wont get it until May.  Who knows they might push it up again!  

Basically the entire Ford/Lincoln food chain does not want you ordering that Standard because there isnt much profit in it for them.  If you get the more expensive pork-laden Reserve or Black Label over $100,000 then you will get that car in 3 months or less.  However, if you go cheap no one really knows when you will get that thing.  If you can get the dealership to order it...some wont...then corporate Ford will deprioritize it and keep pushing up the production date.  

To be honest, unless you are a real Lincoln connoisseur you will not notice the difference between Standard and Reserve.  No one lives out their lives in their car so if a few features are missing or the interior material isnt leather no one cares.  It looks like a Navigator, rides like one and your buddies are happy to see you pulling in with the Navigator.  

The moral of the story is pay under $100,000 and you not seeing it fo a while..maybe 6 months or more or even get pushed into next year.  If you go for the Black Label experience you will be getting that car in a reasonable amount of time.  I saw one guy ordered his in September and got his in December while the guy who ordered the standard is still waiting today.  Thats how this works.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!

I've been following along on these order timeframe threads since placing our Black Label Navigator - L in May 2022, but after seeing quicker turnaround times for some of y'all, I figured it was time to share our order story to see if anyone else out there is experiencing the same frustrating delays. 

We initially placed an order for the Black Label Navigator - L (Central Park theme) back in mid-May 2022 with the understanding that we would be receiving a 2022 model. Several months go by without any update from the dealership or Lincoln. In October 2022, I requested an update and we were told by our dealer that there was a code on the order that "they had never seen" and they would check into it. Sure enough, a couple of days later, we received the coveted "Your Order Has Been Placed" email from Lincoln noting that we had been bumped to the 2023 model. One would think that a hold-over, Black Label, "L" model would be a higher priority for Lincoln (at least based on what I've read here and in the 2022 Model thread). Since that October 2022 email, however, it has been a completely different story. 

October 19, 2022 - Email confirmation from Lincoln that we had been pushed to the 2023 model.

October 27, 2022 - Email update from Lincoln stating that our vehicle would be scheduled for production the week of December 12, 2022

November 29, 2022 - New production date: week of January 2, 2023

December 13, 2022 - New production date: week of January 9, 2023 

January 3, 2023 - New production date: week of January 16, 2023

January 17, 2023 - We finally get a window sticker

January 22, 2023 - Update on the Order Tracking site that the vehicle was "in production" (woo!). It's also noted that the scheduled delivery was 02/03/2023 - 02/16/2023

January 26, 2023 - Email from Lincoln stating that there has been ANOTHER delay in the production of the vehicle and they promise to send an update once "every 45 days." At this point, it's been 100 days since receiving the order confirmation for the 2023 model, but keep in mind, we've been waiting on some sort of vehicle since May 2022.

We are beyond frustrated and disappointed, so I emailed our dealer asking for an update. We were assured that the vehicle would be delivered by 02/12/2023 and if there were any updates, they would let us know. 

So here we are, 270 days from our original May 2022 order date, less than a week from our "delivery date" per the dealer, and no updates from the dealer. The Lincoln Order Tracking is still showing "In Production" so I called Lincoln concierge this morning to get some clarity. They informed me that as of 01/31/2023, the vehicle was still in production and that they could not confirm whether it could be delivered by the 02/12/2023 date from the dealer. 

Has anyone else experienced such horrendous delays with a Black Label order? Does anyone know if certain "themes" take longer to make than others? Any advice in general?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 6:22 AM, richincle said:

If it's any consolation I ordered a black label on 12/2/22.  The dealer knows nothing and the only update I got was a 45 day automated email that said that I haven't been forgotten about. ?

Yes I agree with that I ordered a Black Label L on 12-27-2022 and I have not heard anything except for the confirmation e-mail from Lincoln!

I actually emailed the dealer and called the concierge yesterday.  The dealer gave me the "we know there is a major parts constraint" line which I can understand, they said they would follow up when they learn something as well but I don't really expect much from that.  I get the supply chains still aren't whole yet.  The concierge just told me my order was "processing" but that was it.  

At the end of the day this all comes down to managing customer expectations.  It seems crazy to me that a multi-billion dollar company can't do this well.  For me, I'd be totally satisfied with "as of now, we are targeting X month for your delivery, we will provide an update in 30 days". If that target moves, while disappointing and frustrating, at least the communication would be better.  Maybe I expect too much from companies at this point.  I ordered a Tesla (which I ended up passing on) and this is exactly what they do.  They give you are target range of months and that gets updated every few days.  Moves out, moves in, but at least you have something to gauge and target.  The fact that I need a VIN assigned to see any progress at all is just ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, richincle said:

At the end of the day this all comes down to managing customer expectations.  It seems crazy to me that a multi-billion dollar company can't do this well.  For me, I'd be totally satisfied with "as of now, we are targeting X month for your delivery, we will provide an update in 30 days". If that target moves, while disappointing and frustrating, at least the communication would be better.  Maybe I expect too much from companies at this point.  I ordered a Tesla (which I ended up passing on) and this is exactly what they do.  They give you are target range of months and that gets updated every few days.  Moves out, moves in, but at least you have something to gauge and target.  The fact that I need a VIN assigned to see any progress at all is just ridiculous. 

You have to remember this system is 70+ yrs old at least where dealers order stock vehicles and none of this matters.  Customer orders at this volume is totally new.  Yes they could do a better job communicating status and hopefully the new tracking system will provide that soon.

But the real issue is the info you want is simply not known.  Every week different parts don’t show up as expected.  It’s not just 2 or 3.  And it changes every week.  So they can’t tell you what they don’t know.  If you order furniture or appliances they just tell you at least 6 months to a year and that’s it.  At least Ford is trying to be more realistic when they can be.  It’s truly a no win situation.

50 minutes ago, akirby said:

You have to remember this system is 70+ yrs old at least where dealers order stock vehicles and none of this matters.  Customer orders at this volume is totally new.  Yes they could do a better job communicating status and hopefully the new tracking system will provide that soon.

But the real issue is the info you want is simply not known.  Every week different parts don’t show up as expected.  It’s not just 2 or 3.  And it changes every week.  So they can’t tell you what they don’t know.  If you order furniture or appliances they just tell you at least 6 months to a year and that’s it.  At least Ford is trying to be more realistic when they can be.  It’s truly a no win situation.

That makes sense to some degree, but in a world where you can really only custom order a Navigator, leaning on the "this is the way it's always been" just isn't acceptable, especially when it comes to a six figure purchase.   I get the logistics are tough but if you are custom order only and you clearly know what parts are needed to build a car it's just math.   On average it takes x weeks to get y parts.  Provide that estimate and update it weekly in the form of a target for the customers.  

3 hours ago, richincle said:

That makes sense to some degree, but in a world where you can really only custom order a Navigator, leaning on the "this is the way it's always been" just isn't acceptable, especially when it comes to a six figure purchase.   I get the logistics are tough but if you are custom order only and you clearly know what parts are needed to build a car it's just math.   On average it takes x weeks to get y parts.  Provide that estimate and update it weekly in the form of a target for the customers.  

First, they are taking steps to fix the system starting with hiring Google to develop new software.  I believe the dealer already has it so hopefully the retail version will be out soon.  

The other part you’re not getting is the dealer controls their order queue by priority.  If you are priority 10 you might be at the front of the queue but they could change it tomorrow to 19 and you’re at the back,  Ford has no control over that part.  And they don’t know on an individual vehicle basis which parts are not available in a given week.  The scheduler first looks at allocation to a dealer then pulls the numerically lowest priority vehicles that is buildable.  If dealer has 5 allocations they stop at the first 5.  Of course it could be done Vehicle by vehicle but that’s a much bigger and more complicated task.  Besides they don’t want those all those gory details to be made public.  And dealers don’t want you to know their allocations or other internal issues.

And you would not be any happier if you got an email every week saying can’t do it this week because we’re missing part x especially if somebody else with part x gets scheduled ahead of you because their dealer was earlier in the allocation process or their dealer gave them a better priority.

There is no easy answer that will satisfy Ford the Dealer and you but there is definitely room for improvement.

18 hours ago, akirby said:

First, they are taking steps to fix the system starting with hiring Google to develop new software.  I believe the dealer already has it so hopefully the retail version will be out soon.  

The other part you’re not getting is the dealer controls their order queue by priority.  If you are priority 10 you might be at the front of the queue but they could change it tomorrow to 19 and you’re at the back,  Ford has no control over that part.  And they don’t know on an individual vehicle basis which parts are not available in a given week.  The scheduler first looks at allocation to a dealer then pulls the numerically lowest priority vehicles that is buildable.  If dealer has 5 allocations they stop at the first 5.  Of course it could be done Vehicle by vehicle but that’s a much bigger and more complicated task.  Besides they don’t want those all those gory details to be made public.  And dealers don’t want you to know their allocations or other internal issues.

And you would not be any happier if you got an email every week saying can’t do it this week because we’re missing part x especially if somebody else with part x gets scheduled ahead of you because their dealer was earlier in the allocation process or their dealer gave them a better priority.

There is no easy answer that will satisfy Ford the Dealer and you but there is definitely room for improvement.

Agreed that there is no easy answer. Totally get your point about the individual parts.

I was insinuating (poorly) that they need to be aggregating that into some sort of target, not expose all of the detail to the customer. 

I’m a priority 10 at least on the order sheet I got from the dealer.  I guess I wait. No other choice. It does make me curious if I’d have the same struggles with an Escalade order. My guess is yes. 

• 1 month later...

Wanted to share an update since it's been a minute.

3/8/23 - Heard from the dealer after a weekly update request on that the lack of any movement was due to the parts needed for the build were not available but would we at the factory within the week and my build would be one of the first to be scheduled.  

3/10/23 - took a shot and called concierge to see if they could find anything out.  The rep that I reached was great.  Took all my info and told me he'd call me every Friday with updates. At this point he saw a "date" of 4/3/23, but it wasn't labeled. I was hopeful that it meant that it was the week of the scheduled build, but no way to confirm.

3/17/23 - concierge reached out telling me the info was the same, but he could now see a VIN which he provided me!  Still no official email from Lincoln or the dealer, so I was excited to see the concierge come through.

I've been checking the order tracker every couple of days and this morning (3/28), the status changed to in production!  Excited to see some progress, but I'm sure it will be a while since I got the special edition package.  I'll post more updates as I have them.

Order Detail: 2023 Black Label, Special Edition Package, Pristine White Metallic, Alpine Chalet Theme, 2nd Row Captain w/ Massage

Order Submitted by Dealer: 12/02/2022

Lincoln Accepted: 12/02/2022

Priority code: 10

Date Notified the Build is Scheduled: 3/17/23

Scheduled Build Date Week of: 4/3/23

Status Changed to in Production: 3/28/23

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my window sticker today. Nice to see some progress.

Order Detail: 2023 Reserve L, 4x4, Ocean Blue/Sandstone, Reserve I Package, Tow Package, Hands free delete, Active Park Delete, Second row captain with massage and without console. 

Dealer Ordered: 12-8-2022
Lincoln Confirmed: 12-9-2022
Notified Production scheduled: 3-16-2023
Production Scheduled: week of 4-24-2023
Status changed to In Production: 4-20-2023
Window Sticker Available: 4-21-2023

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I hit 5 months since I ordered and I continue to be frustrated by this whole experience. It's the poor choice of customer service language. Being originally told 12 weeks by the dealer. Zero updates from Lincoln outside of a 45 day automated email. Having to claw the ViN out to concierge. Once the Nav went to "built" on the site, the description states "Arranging shipment can take a few days or up to a week to finalize." I'm grateful to be near the finish line, but man it seems like this company has a lot of work to do as far as communication and customer service. It's wild to me that my car is sitting somewhere, no one seemingly really knows where and I still don't have an ETA for delivery. I don't think the excuses for these legacy car makers that this is the way they've been doing it for 100 years hold up either. They've been able to evolve products just fine over the years. Paying a premium for a "black label" experience thus far has been a big let down.

Order Detail: 2023 Black Label, Special Edition Package, Pristine White Metallic, Alpine Chalet Theme, 2nd Row Captain w/ Massage
12/2/22 - Order Submitted by Dealer
12/2/22 - Lincoln Accepted Order
3/8/23 - Dealer informed the lack of movement is due to parts issues, but parts would be at the factory within a week
3/17/23 - Got a VIN via the concierge, no email from Lincoln
4/3/23 - Scheduled Build Week
4/3/23 - In Production
4/7/23 - Dealer reaches out to tell me Nav is built and headed to Penske for Special Edition pain
4/18/23 - Nav is "built" on tracking site
4/21/23 - Reached to dealer, no additional information available, but "we may see it this month"
4/23/23 - Call concierge and was told it "should ship within a few days"

5/2/23 - No updates from dealer and I called the today concierge says it's waiting to be shipped with no ETA. When asking about the paint, they did not have any info.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 6:22 AM, richincle said:

If it's any consolation I ordered a black label on 12/2/22.  The dealer knows nothing and the only update I got was a 45 day automated email that said that I haven't been forgotten about. ?

Yes I agree 100 percent I ordered a Black Label L on 12-28-22 and it was confirmed on 1-13-2023 and its been 18 weeks and its not even scheduled! 

• 3 weeks later...