2023 SD Order Guide Out Yet??

On 10/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, George C said:

IMO, do yourself a favor, order the F-350. The ride difference is unnoticeable..seriously, and you’ll get better resale to cover the cost difference which isn’t much.

Center console can be installed after market if you want it. F-150 parts match up. 

Did you order an XL by chance? 

10 hours ago, bshort said:

Did you order an XL by chance? 

Hello my friend… Hope all is well.

Nah, passed on the XL.

You remember how Ridgeway would put it.

Now, the question is…will it be here in 2023? 
My dealer has decent allocation, but you never know.

Edited by George C

3 hours ago, EastMark said:

No. Getting a Lariat. Was hoping they stepped up from the column shifter to a console mounted shifter option like the 150’s.

Just a preference not critical for sure. Looks nicer IMO.

I know of someone who did it before, but that was with the 6 speed. I have to imaging the same should be possible with the 10 speed parts. 

I've wondered for years why Ford didn't offer the Super Duty's equipped with the 40/Console/40 with the floor shift. The console mounted floor shift is so popular on the F-150's but, according to Ford, Super Duty customers prefer the column shift. Even so, it wouldn't be hard for them to offer the floor shift as an option, especially when you look at the Super Duty pricing.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

A lot of HD trucks plow snow. It would be a real PITA to use a center console shifter when plowing. 
Plus a column shifter opens up more center storage or another set of cup holders.

I understand the preference for the column shift based on driver needs and applications but still surprised they don't offer the console/floor shift as an option for customers that use the vehicle primarily for personal use. 

18 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I understand the preference for the column shift based on driver needs and applications but still surprised they don't offer the console/floor shift as an option for customers that use the vehicle primarily for personal use. 

True, but you know how it goes. I would imagine that the column shifter will disappear soon enough in favor of a cheaper electronic shifter. I just don’t know where they would mount it to serve every purpose. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it as a paddle on the steering wheel. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

True, but you know how it goes. I would imagine that the column shifter will disappear soon enough in favor of a cheaper electronic shifter. I just don’t know where they would mount it to serve every purpose. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it as a paddle on the steering wheel. 

The column shifter is also electronic.