Sync and Nav Version

1972Mach1

• ice-capades changed the title to Sync and Nav Version

I don’t think the standard Nav does auto-updates but Sync does.  You can access the settings menu in the truck and press “Check for updates” and it will tell you if you are current or need an update.  Mine says Sync is current and Nav version is NA 2 20.  I received a message in FordPass app last week that said a new map version “may” be available, but when I tried to request the update it said I had the latest version.  

Hi gang. Not sure if your 2022 SD has SYNC 3 or SYNC 4? If it is SYNC 4, it will update automatically.

If it is SYNC 3/3.4, you can access the latest SYNC 3/3.4 and SYNC 3/3.4 NAV map update information by using the SYNC 3 SYNC and NAV map update website tool. https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

WiFi updates for SYNC 3/3.4 are spotty at best. So do not count on using the SYNC 3 auto-update/"Check for Updates" button in your vehicle, as it is often not accurate. Use the website listed above.

And the newest version of SYNC 3 NAV maps is "NA 2 21". It was released several weeks ago.

Again, this information applies to SYNC 3/3.4...Not SYNC 4.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I don’t think the standard Nav does auto-updates but Sync does.  You can access the settings menu in the truck and press “Check for updates” and it will tell you if you are current or need an update.  Mine says Sync is current and Nav version is NA 2 20.  I received a message in FordPass app last week that said a new map version “may” be available, but when I tried to request the update it said I had the latest version.  

I have the Lariat trim so it's the sync 4. It shows V22026 product revision 354

The Nav version is 1.54r.20210415ccee3b5

Is yours a 2022 truck?  Thanks!

Mine is a 2022 XLT with Sync 3.  When I enter my VIN for my nav update it says my truck is pre-2010 and not eligible for an update.

Today I was connected to Wifi and did a search for updates and it said I was up to date with Sync version 3.4.21194 but when I went to the Ford website it said I had an update available, so I downloaded, updated and reported the successful install of version 3.4.22200.  Ford website still says my software is out of date and the Nav system still says my truck was built before 2010 so it isn't able to update the maps.  I had less issues with my Sync2 system

Edited by NH_Bulldog

13 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Mine is a 2022 XLT with Sync 3.  When I enter my VIN for my nav update it says my truck is pre-2010 and not eligible for an update.

Today I was connected to Wifi and did a search for updates and it said I was up to date with Sync version 3.4.21194 but when I went to the Ford website it said I had an update available, so I downloaded, updated and reported the successful install of version 3.4.22200.  Ford website still says my software is out of date and the Nav system still says my truck was built before 2010 so it isn't able to update the maps.  I had less issues with my Sync2 system

Agree, I like my 09 sync system better so far vs this automated and convoluted stuff. 

• 1 year later...

I got my '22 Sync 4 updated today to version 610 after creating a case with Ford and taking my truck to the dealer.

But I see some '22s are at version 934.

Is there a list somewhere of software updates that shows what updates or changes are in each version?  You know - like most software updates do in the IT world.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, traveldawg said:

I got my '22 Sync 4 updated today to version 610 after creating a case with Ford and taking my truck to the dealer.

But I see some '22s are at version 934.

Is there a list somewhere of software updates that shows what updates or changes are in each version?  You know - like most software updates do in the IT world.

Thanks.

They rarely publish that info.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:47 AM, akirby said:

They rarely publish that info.

Thanks.  I was afraid of that.  I'm not sure if it is worth pursuing.  I think if I knew what changes were I could decide.  

The truck doesn't update automatically.  So it's a bit of a hassle to keep leaving it at the shop for a day or 2.