MY2023 F-150 Constraints

geniepro

2 hours ago, geniepro said:

Hello,

Is there anywhere a list of constraints for F-150?

I don't seem to have see any XLT with CoPilot Assist 360 scheduled  yet. Ford Chat and my dealer say that there is no hold or anything on my order.

Thank you.

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)...

2023 F-150_Commodity Restraints_2022-10-14.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you @ice-capades I really appreciate your list, still doesn't explain why my order is not scheduled, but this is another topic which I don't think anybody can answer than the schedulers at Ford:

2023 F-150 XLT 2WD, 
5.0L V8 ENGINE, 
EQUIPMENT GROUP 302A, 
3.31 ELECTRONIC LOCK RR AXLE,
FORD CO-PILOT 360 ASSIST 2.0, 
POWER-SLIDING REAR WINDOW,
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE,
360-DEGREE CAMERA PACKAGE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, geniepro said:

Hello,

Is there anywhere a list of constraints for F-150?

I don't seem to have see any XLT with CoPilot Assist 360 scheduled  yet. Ford Chat and my dealer say that there is no hold or anything on my order.

Thank you.

I would suggest talking to your Dealer and asking what your priority code is, how many retail orders are ahead of yours and the Dealer's available allocation. Dealer set priority codes are 10-19 with the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) default being 19. You want a 10 if at all possible. The AM Scheduling Preview Report should provide any applicable commodity or plant restraints for your order. In addition, I'd recommend talking directly to the sales manager as many or most sales representatives are not familiar with the retail order process or be aware or have access to the resources available. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, geniepro said:

Thank you @ice-capades I really appreciate your list, still doesn't explain why my order is not scheduled, but this is another topic which I don't think anybody can answer than the schedulers at Ford:

2023 F-150 XLT 2WD, 
5.0L V8 ENGINE, 
EQUIPMENT GROUP 302A, 
3.31 ELECTRONIC LOCK RR AXLE,
FORD CO-PILOT 360 ASSIST 2.0, 
POWER-SLIDING REAR WINDOW,
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE,
360-DEGREE CAMERA PACKAGE

Just because you have no published constraints doesn’t mean it can be built when the scheduler does it’s thing.  But more importantly the dealer must have the allocation and you must be high enough on the priority list.  Your dealer may have 50 trucks ahead of yours in their order queue.  That’s why you need to know your priority and how many orders you’re behind at your dealer.  

I'm working directly with the "New Car Manager", my priority is 10, and he also checked with the rep that handles their orders and he mentioned that there’s nothing they, dealer or rep, see holding up your order. Priority is correct and said 23MY scheduling has been a “toss up” and hard to predict what will and will not schedule.  When he promised that he'll check with the rep and get back to me he always did, without me having to remind him.

Edit:

Based on their website there is one "New Car Director" and at least 7 more "New Car Sales" team members in the "New Sales Department", so I do think that I'm working with the right person.

Edited by geniepro

1 hour ago, geniepro said:

I'm working directly with the "New Car Manager", my priority is 10, and he also checked with the rep that handles their orders and he mentioned that there’s nothing they, dealer or rep, see holding up your order. Priority is correct and said 23MY scheduling has been a “toss up” and hard to predict what will and will not schedule.  When he promised that he'll check with the rep and get back to me he always did, without me having to remind him.

The Ford Zone Managers don't review orders unless it's necessary to assist a Dealer. The AM Preview Scheduling Report displays all commodity and plant restraints specific to each order for each scheduling period that the Dealer has available allocation for scheduling. The "New Car Manager" sounds inexperienced if he/she keeps contacting the Ford Zone Manager for assistance when there are resources such as the AM Preview Scheduling Report available to the dealership. In addition, the Central Field offices send out commodity and scheduling restraint information via e-mail on a weekly basis.

Attached is a sample of the commodity and plant restraints from one of the AM Preview Scheduling Reports. 

AM Preview_Commodity & Plant Constraints_2023MY F-150_2022-10-05.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

He has 16 years experience but most likely not as new car manager, not with retail orders and the new norm these days. :(

It is what it is, but he is local and he gave me the best deal, comparable with what other dealers advertise on forums, invoice-3%, if I take in the consideration the cost to fly out and pick up the car, then drive it to Houston.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, geniepro said:

He has 16 years experience but most likely not as new car manager, not with retail orders and the new norm these days. :(

It is what it is, but he is local and he gave me the best deal, comparable with what other dealers advertise on forums, invoice-3%, if I take in the consideration the cost to fly out and pick up the car, then drive it to Houston.

The other potential is that he has 16 years experience telling customers fluff stories to act like they are "doing something" when there is nothing he can actually do but wait....

• Like 1