2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide

ice-capades

Everyone asking questions about the unknown.… relax..

Just order a truck. Get a build spot….there will be plenty of time to examine price, equipment, power ratings and change them before the truck is built.

I simply told my salesman to pull the order on my 2020 Limited and duplicate it for my 23’ I changed from Star White to AZG. If there is something I want to add, there’s plenty of time..

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, George C said:

Everyone asking questions about the unknown.… relax..

Just order a truck. Get a build spot….there will be plenty of time to examine price, equipment, power ratings and change them before the truck is built.

I simply told my salesman to pull the order on my 2020 Limited and duplicate it for my 23’ I changed from Star White to AZG. If there is something I want to add, there’s plenty of time..

I'll be ordering with the X plan.  My understanding is that pricing is no longer guaranteed if you change anything with the order.

Just for reference, 4 different dealers stated xplan will not be honored for the 2023 as Ford has changed the terms and is not covering the cost difference. I have xplan in the past and none of the major dealers around me will honor it with a '23 SD. 

Edited by LTStorm07

4 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

Does anyone know why the deployable running boards cannot be put on a truck without a center console?  Does it have to do with the wiring harness or something? Is it possible to put the factory deployable running boards on a truck without the center console?

In the past I have heard it was due to wires like you mentioned. Not sure it that’s true or not. I will most likely get Amp Research power boards since I can’t get factory ones either. 

9 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Did Ford forget to list what is included in the Black Appearance Package? It is briefly mentioned on page 2..  page 27 shows contents of Sport Appearance Package. But those are two separate packages. I’m planning on ordering Black Appearance but it would be nice if I knew what all was included. 

I was wondering the same thing!

15 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

I don't see any way to get the tailgate down camera without getting the KR or above trim.

I’m hoping that is an oversight, same as the Black Appearance Package not showing up.

I really don’t want KR, and I don’t want to have to step up to Platinum.

23 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

On page 20 of the order guide it shows Tailgate Step and handle (Order code 85G) as Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat. But if you order Lariat Ultimate it comes automatically. I am ordering front 40/20/40 lariat bench so I am not eligible for the lariat ultimate unfortunately.. so I won’t be able to get adaptive cruise, front sensing system, 18 speakers, HUD, etc 

This doesnt make sense to not have these options for the 40/20/40 option.  It sucks because I'd like to have the options esp the heads up display.  I wonder if it will be available later?

• Like 1

Does anyone know the GVWR of an F-350 4x4 Super Cab 8' bed (164" WB) w/ 6.7L for 2023? I noticed in the 2023 Order Guide that the 11,400 GVWR package for SRW trucks was removed. Unfortunately I was depending on that to avoid a CDL with my current trailers.

Are they trying to push people to build an F-250 with the axle upgrade (535 / 68U) instead, if they want to have a 11,400 GVWR?

Edited by  Elf

3 hours ago, Fezzik said:

This doesnt make sense to not have these options for the 40/20/40 option.  It sucks because I'd like to have the options esp the heads up display.  I wonder if it will be available later?

Doubt it. They've also never allowed power running boards with 40/20/40.. some say because wiring that goes into the console area.. Who knows though. 

15 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Doubt it. They've also never allowed power running boards with 40/20/40.. some say because wiring that goes into the console area.. Who knows though. 

I will be very interested to see whether the HUD can be added to a 40/20/40 vehicle.  I'm assuming that the Lariat dash board will have the cutout to mount the HUD module. My biggest question is whether it's as "simple" as mounting the HUD, plugging it in, and turning it on via Forscan (assuming Forscan still works on the new electrical architecture).

Would any have any idea why ford isn’t offering Sirius XM at all In an XLT trim for 2023.  
Im specifically looking at a f-550 in chassis form, but It appears to be the same in pickups. They offered it as a standalone option last year, and I have satellite radio in my 2012 f-450 chassis! This is really backwards progress in my opinion . 

3 hours ago, Jim750! said:

Would any have any idea why ford isn’t offering Sirius XM at all In an XLT trim for 2023.  
Im specifically looking at a f-550 in chassis form, but It appears to be the same in pickups. They offered it as a standalone option last year, and I have satellite radio in my 2012 f-450 chassis! This is really backwards progress in my opinion . 

It’s in the XLT premium package.