Puddle lights are dim. 2015 Lincoln Navigator

KGP

Thank you for the add.

History:  I replaced my puddle lights a few years ago after I determined that the Lincoln projection was deteriorated.  When I did, I noticed the connection to the bulb was corroded and oxidized.  A wire came out of the female Molex type connection and the light was finnicky.  I stuck the wire back in, taped it and the lamp worked for some time.  Recently I notice the passenger side was flickering and the driver side was out altogether.  I decided to rewire both sides adding new female connectors.  I got new lights.  After installing everything all together, the lights are getting some power because when I look into the projector light lens I can see, on both sides, the Lincoln symbol with some light, but it's not bright enough to project on the ground.  A voltage test reveals between 4-5 volts  and I understand it should be 12v.  Somewhere there is a breakdown.  Is it the wire harness or its connection that may be the culprit?  New side view mirrors, that have the harness included, run $500 a piece. Does anyone have experience with a solution here?  TYIA for any help.

One other thing I found in a thread was if the onboard computer senses a fire hazard it will reduce the current to that area to reduce the likelihood of a fire and it stores the code that can be cleared allowing restoration of the voltage. I thought perhaps the flickering light may have been evidence of that.  Does anyone know that to be true and if so how do I find and clear that code?

Edited by KGP