Priority Code 10-19, 99

blackduty

Just out of curiousity, is anyone concerned at all about dealers that are putting priority codes from 10-19 on Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum trucks, and potentially messing up the system or losing orders?

I think it's pretty clear in the order guide, that those trim levels are supposed to be at a 99 for priority code, but yet i've saw a bunch of orders where someone has ordered one of those trim levels, and the priority code is between 10-19. 

It stinks waiting 6+ months for one of these trucks, but i know it would really stink for some guys who ordered a Platinum, dealer put a high priority code, and then because of that, the order get's mixed up, lost, or something like that, and then when they consider reordering it, the dealer is out of allocations or something dumb happens. 

Could this potentially be another future disaster for Ford?

There has been a bit of discussion about this topic.  I initially believed that all KR, Plat, and Limited trim levels should receive priority code 99 per the order guide.  After my order for a Platinum had a priority code of 19 on it, I've re-read that section on page 2 of the order guide a few times.  And honestly, I personally read it to mean only Job 1 orders that include those features available starting with Job 2 need to have priority code 99 applied on the order.  My reasoning is that the section is broken into 2 bullet points.  The first speaking about the trim levels......no mention of priority code 99 needing to be assigned.  The second bullet point speaking about the features.....then it mentions priority code 99 should be assigned.  This is simply my interpretation, combined with my order confirmation email I got from Ford.  Others may interpret this a different way, but I'm reading that as 2 separate bullet points.  I guess I'll find out for sure in about 6-14 months, lol.

image.png.ec7dae7f5f0d3958982f6aa7cabaa18b.png

Edited by ddb

1 hour ago, ddb said:

There has been a bit of discussion about this topic.  I initially believed that all KR, Plat, and Limited trim levels should receive priority code 99 per the order guide.  After my order for a Platinum had a priority code of 19 on it, I've re-read that section on page 2 of the order guide a few times.  And honestly, I personally read it to mean only Job 1 orders that include those features available starting with Job 2 need to have priority code 99 applied on the order.  My reasoning is that the section is broken into 2 bullet points.  The first speaking about the trim levels......no mention of priority code 99 needing to be assigned.  The second bullet point speaking about the features.....then it mentions priority code 99 should be assigned.  This is simply my interpretation, combined with my order confirmation email I got from Ford.  Others may interpret this a different way, but I'm reading that as 2 separate bullet points.  I guess I'll find out for sure in about 6-14 months, lol.

It doesn’t really matter.  The main reason for assigning a 99 priority is to make sure the missing items are added before the truck gets scheduled.  If your platinum order is complete then it won’t hurt to keep it at 10-19 and just let the scheduler pick it up for job 2.

If you had a XLT and wanted one of those J2 features and your order was 10-19 it could get scheduled without it.  That’s why it needs to be 99.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

It doesn’t really matter.  The main reason for assigning a 99 priority is to make sure the missing items are added before the truck gets scheduled.  If your platinum order is complete then it won’t hurt to keep it at 10-19 and just let the scheduler pick it up for job 2.

If you had a XLT and wanted one of those J2 features and your order was 10-19 it could get scheduled without it.  That’s why it needs to be 99.

Excellent explanation!

• ice-capades changed the title to Priority Code 10-19, 99