Price protection

RFT2112

My truck has been built.  Scheduled delivery end  of November.   I know there is price protection which is based on order date but  dealer is telling me there is not price protection.   

Dealer response from my email.  

I checked regarding price protection, and there is not any offered by Ford. We can't take the price increase off as the dealer either, as Ford would not compensate us, and therefore we would lose money on the deal, especially since you are X-plan.”

I’ve done my research.   I feel they are flat out lying or just really don’t know.    Right now I’m feeling pretty frustrated and pissed off after waiting almost 12 months for a truck that the MSRP and  Lariet Ult package plus destination fee increased $3750ish.   

• Like 1

Every dealer I’ve talked to has said the same thing. They are all lying. Even when I refer them to the Long MacArthur YouTube videos that explain everything. Tim on those videos said Ford send his dealership a 100k check last month to cover those increases. Dealers are double dipping with those checks and not being fair to the customer 

Edited by steaknpotatoes

I called ford marketing and they basically said it’s up to the dealer to honor price protection.   Just the fact the sales person  right away wants me to let them know if I want to proceed tells me they are a dishonorable dealer.  I know exactly what they are doing!   They want me to back out so they can sell it at an inflated price.  

@akirby how would I go about getting in touch with Ford and be sure I would get reimbursed for difference?   
part of me want to call them on their bullshit and tell them I’m going to do this and see how they react.  

25 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

I called ford marketing and they basically said it’s up to the dealer to honor price protection.   Just the fact the sales person  right away wants me to let them know if I want to proceed tells me they are a dishonorable dealer.  I know exactly what they are doing!   They want me to back out so they can sell it at an inflated price.  

@akirby how would I go about getting in touch with Ford and be sure I would get reimbursed for difference?   
part of me want to call them on their bullshit and tell them I’m going to do this and see how they react.  

Take the truck, don’t let them mark it up…make them honor your Dora.

Then file a complaint with Ford Marketing to get your price protection back to you, instead of to the dealership.

My $.02.

13 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

In addition to akirby's reply, here's a copy of the AXZD Plans Pricing Agreement that Dealers have to submit to Ford.

Ford_AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

In addition to akirby's reply, here's a copy of the AXZD Plans Pricing Agreement that Dealers have to submit to Ford.

Ford_AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement.pdf

you guys are a huge benefit to this community!   Thank you @akirby and @ice-capades
I love sticking it to the man (dealer) so to speak!   The day will come when dealers are no longer required except for maintenance ect.  If the dealers keep trying to blatantly rip consumers off.   The dealer is either incompetent in dealing with xplan and price protection or just blatantly trying to rip people off.  

Edited by RFT2112
  • Like 1

@akirby @ice-capades
my latest email reply from my salesperson. 

I emailed a portion of the Xplan rules as seen below.  

• The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. 

Sales person’s reply was this:

So the statement says 'from the time the vehicle is invoiced' not from when the order was placed and we have not received any money from Ford Motor Company attached to pricing on this vehicle, so we have nothing to refund to you.”

so my question is how much BS is this on dealers part?   When is vehicle actually invoiced,   At order date?

thanks

Ron

Edited by RFT2112

4 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

@akirby @ice-capades
my latest email reply from my salesperson. 

I emailed a portion of the Xplan rules as seen below.  

• The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. 

Sales person’s reply was this:

So the statement says 'from the time the vehicle is invoiced' not from when the order was placed and we have not received any money from Ford Motor Company attached to pricing on this vehicle, so we have nothing to refund to you.”

so my question is how much BS is this on dealers part?   When is vehicle actually invoiced,   At order date?

thanks

Ron

Not sure about when it’s invoiced, but the rules are clear.

The dealer is price protected back to the order date.  Therefore the dealer receives a refund for the difference.  The plan rules clearly say that refund goes to the customer.

38 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

@akirby   
I ordered Dec 2022.    
I asked dealer when vehicle was invoiced. They replied October 24, 2022.   My dealer is absolute garbage!   

Ice,

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe truck is Invoiced when it enters Production.

That said, Price Protection is from accepted order date.

PS RFT2112, I think you meant ordered Dec 21

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

25 minutes ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Not sure if you’ve seen this literature yet. 

7066F2D4-B8AD-467A-B280-F508A07A3628.jpeg

0F8E597F-B54F-4D35-ADE1-274DBE9767E9.jpeg

yes. I have.  Thanks.   I’ve sent it to the stealership.   

truthfully I think am about done.  Even if dealer the right thing they are going to F me on my trade   Thinking about walking after waiting a year which is exactly what they want.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

yes. I have.  Thanks.   I’ve sent it to the stealership.   

truthfully I think am about done.  Even if dealer the right thing they are going to F me on my trade   Thinking about walking after waiting a year which is exactly what they want.  

yeah they want you to walk so they can sell 10k over msrp. I just ordered a 2023… I will most likely have to do exactly what you’re doing. Once it comes in I’ll have all this stuff to show the GM… I figure there will be multiple price hikes before it arrives and hopefully XPlan will be around original msrp after the hikes if they don’t price protect. But I will try as hard as I can. I called over a dozen dealers and none could guarantee price protect 

My personal understanding is as follows, page #2 in the PDF shared by Ice.

FinalPrice = InvoicePrice - PriceIncreaseSinceOrderDate

InvoicePrice is determined when the Window Sticker is generated, maybe a week or so before the build starts.

PriceIncreaseSinceOrderDate is what the dealer should honor, BUT, the dealer has 2 options to give you this money:

1) Give you a PriceIncreaseSinceOrderDate discount, knowing that the will get the money back from Ford, if everything is OK

2) You will pay InvoicePrice at vehicle pick-up, then later, when Ford send the dealer the PriceIncreaseSinceOrderDate, the dealer will send you a check.

Even in the "Plan rice Calculation" they have a note saying "If vehicle was ordered prior to the announcement of a price increase, it may be eligible for price protection.". Normally if you ordered it, it should be protected, but I think COVP had to be done at order date. COVP automatically price protects the vehicle if sold to the person that placed the order and everything matches with the COVP information.

I have an X-Plan order with my local dealer, and I got the COVP confirmation number, and every time my dealer tells me that I'm Price Protected.

Another thing, I don't see this information in the thread, but it seems you initially ordered a MY22, are you a rollover to MY23? or you are picking up a MY22? Price Protection is valid across a single MY. If you are a rollover you should have a private offer, I don't know if it's big enough to cover the price difference. Tim Bartz talks about this in his lives, roll-overs are not price protected because they have private offers. But not sure what happens if there are price increases after roll-over, are you price protected to roll-over date or not. I know for MY23 there was a $1000 price increase on XLTs since mid August - I think it was around Oct 1st-4th.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, geniepro said:

Then, what I mentioned about Price Protection should apply. Sorry for the pain you are going through.

Got a call from dealer and it sounds like they figured out how this works.  
I buy truck at sticker MSRP.  In about 45 days I will get a check for the difference.   I also confirmed that any Ford interest rates and incentives,  via Smart Vincent,  at time order was placed will be honored.   Thankfully they were already aware of this.    
So what turned out to be what I thought was them trying to screw me was just dealer not knowing how Xplan price protection worked.  Manager said this is only their second Xplan deal.   ?

Thanks to @akirby @ice-capades and Tim Bartz (Fordvideoguy) at Long Mac Arther Ford for providing information and documents that I forwarded to my dealer.  

Now.  If I can get a decent trade value it’s a done deal.  If not there will be a lariat Ultimate F350 DRW up for grabs once it’s delivered. 

Edited by RFT2112
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

Got a call from dealer and it sounds like they figured out how this works.  
I buy truck at sticker MSRP.  In about 45 days I will get a check for the difference.   I also confirmed that any Ford interest rates and incentives,  via Smart Vincent,  at time order was placed will be honored.   Thankfully they were already aware of this.    
So what turned out to be what I thought was them trying to screw me was just dealer not knowing how Xplan price protection worked.  Manager said this is only their second Xplan deal.   ?

Thanks to @akirby @ice-capades and Tim Barton at Long Mac Arther Ford for providing information and documents that I forwarded to my dealer.  

Now.  If I can get a decent trade value it’s a done deal.  If not there will be a lariat Ultimate F350 DRW up for grabs once it’s delivered. 

That’s great I am glad they will be honoring your price protection. If the 2023 I ordered ever arrives I will use the knowledge I have learned from @akirby and @ice-capades  and have all the documents ready for the dealer