2023 Lariat Ultimate and Max Recline Seats

jmn

Online it says max recline is only available with kr and up, but the order guide looks like its available with lariat ultimate?

Do these seats add any comfort while driving?  If I never plan on laying them flat is it worth ordering as an upgrade in comfort from lariat seats or do you give up comfort in the upright position for the flat recline?  Given current conditions and no ability to sit in these seats prior to ordering simple choices like this seem like big decisions..

I'd say the online program isn't set up correctly.  I for one have noticed that some trim level seats are more comfortable than other trims.  At the KR and above you are really only paying for interior changes.  For a little extra $$$ sometimes a KR trim is more appealing than a Lariat.   

I can say for the F350 SRW options I selected I'm over $93k in a Lariat, $95k in a KR, $97 in a Platinum.  

When I use to travel across the US and around Canada for work (servicing and reparing buck hoists) I use to sleep in my truck for several hours quite often as I would not have the time to stay in a hotel while trying to get to a broken down unit. After the unit was fixed then I would get a hotel to clean up and rest before long drive back to NC. Then I drove 5000ish miles a month.

I HAD a need for good seats back then that would lay back. But now other than a random 15min doze off while wife is in store or something I never lay them back...

Don't see this being a big selling feature for the average Joe. 

Or am I missing something?

On 11/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

When I use to travel across the US and around Canada for work (servicing and reparing buck hoists) I use to sleep in my truck for several hours quite often as I would not have the time to stay in a hotel while trying to get to a broken down unit. After the unit was fixed then I would get a hotel to clean up and rest before long drive back to NC. Then I drove 5000ish miles a month.

I HAD a need for good seats back then that would lay back. But now other than a random 15min doze off while wife is in store or something I never lay them back...

Don't see this being a big selling feature for the average Joe. 

Or am I missing something?

Friend sleeps in his suburban while traveling the country.  Interesting note, he has a luggage rack with LED flood lights on all 4 sides.  In a rest area, somebody woke him up banging on the window.  He flipped the switch, and daylight.  Guy literally took off running.  I'd love to set that up on my SD, but don't want additional height.