Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

On 4/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, akirby said:

Still no confirmation we’ll get it as an import.  If you want one buy the current one later this year to be safe.  It’s a great vehicle.

BORG continues to insist we'll get it.  And to be fair, we HAVE seen versions with Conti-style beltline handles (vs. the Chinese pop-out handles), so it's at least gotten to that point of developement....though I find it odd that they wouldn't just keep the pop out handles....plenty of models in the US use this setup now. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure to change for not much benefit, IMO.

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

BORG continues to insist we'll get it.  And to be fair, we HAVE seen versions with Conti-style beltline handles (vs. the Chinese pop-out handles), so it's at least gotten to that point of developement....though I find it odd that they wouldn't just keep the pop out handles....plenty of models in the US use this setup now. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure to change for not much benefit, IMO.

Pop out handles aren't really the best solution in cold weather climates I'd guess, where Lincoln sells a lot of cars. 

And they kind of suck to use. Most that I've tried are kind of awkward to grab and pull. It feels more like a pole and less like a handle. 

A button in a handle on the beltline feels like a better solution. I wonder if maybe that was the plan initially and the pop-out door handles came later to appease the Chinese market. 

Edited by Willwll313wll

The reason the pull-type door handles became a thing was mainly for safety.  In an emergency it's easier to pull the door open if someone is trapped, I know this helping someone get out of their vehicle after they hit a tree and took a few tries to pry it free. With the Tesla3 you wouldn't have much of a grip in a similar situation.  Back in the 80's 90, the flap style was used because it was considered aerodynamic but soon after that early '00 the grab grip pull style became a thing.

On 4/6/2023 at 4:42 PM, joseodiaga4 said:

?image.png.6053b6d58241c1da648a195ae046f170.png

each day a new picture 

It could just be the angle of this pic, but the screen looks like it could impact visibility here. If visibility isn’t an issue, then I really like this design. It should be easier to find the info you need, and you won’t have to take your eyes off the road for as long.

43 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

The reason the pull-type door handles became a thing was mainly for safety.  In an emergency it's easier to pull the door open if someone is trapped, I know this helping someone get out of their vehicle after they hit a tree and took a few tries to pry it free. With the Tesla3 you wouldn't have much of a grip in a similar situation.  Back in the 80's 90, the flap style was used because it was considered aerodynamic but soon after that early '00 the grab grip pull style became a thing.

Women greatly prefer pull type to flap or push button as they are easier on their nails; they are also much easier for their kids to open the door as it requires less grip force and coordination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Women greatly prefer pull type to flap or push button as they are easier on their nails; they are also much easier for their kids to open the door as it requires less grip force and coordination.

Have you opened a Mach-E door?

I was concerned at first but came to love the button. Granted I don’t have long nails, but I’m skeptical of your assertion. 

I miss the Mach-E approach on my Lightning. 

I do enjoy the button of the Mach-E because it pops out the door, but in a crash situation, you press the button, it doesn't pop out for x-y-z reasons...then in that situation, nothing to grab to...so the only other option would be smash the window, and get leverage to unwedge the door open.  Or press other door buttons, then squeeze inside to see if I can open their side and unbelt them...hit the window enough and hope the person wasn't knocked unconscious and wake them up, look for a rock to smash thru it, I kick well but hopefully my foot wont keep going in and hit them in the head, and i'm not using my phone.  Again, I only think like this because I helped someone in that type of a situation once.

On 4/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, T-dubz said:

It could just be the angle of this pic, but the screen looks like it could impact visibility here. If visibility isn’t an issue, then I really like this design. It should be easier to find the info you need, and you won’t have to take your eyes off the road for as long.

They've scooped out the flat part of the dash lower than a "normal" setup to accommodate the screen.  Look at the height relative to the wheel - that height would normally be right behind the wheel, and be at that height to the base of the windshield.  Here, the base of the windshield is the same height, but has an immediate drop for the screen.

37 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Was that posted on Lincoln's FB page? I don't see it there. But I guess this does confirm what Borg said. I wonder why they didn't use the New York Auto Show as a venue of reveal.

I don't see it either on on Instagram or Facebook....and with 3 days to show it off...hmm.

I wondering if its faked? Not hard to do?

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

Was that posted on Lincoln's FB page? I don't see it there. But I guess this does confirm what Borg said. I wonder why they didn't use the New York Auto Show as a venue of reveal.

Sadly, Lincoln did not attend the NY Auto Show this year, the first time they sat it out in modern times as far as I recall! Having gone to press days last week and seeing how lame it was, I wish they could have just saved this debut for there, and let the public see their vehicles. Out of site out of mind I say! For what it’s worth, Cadillac, M-B, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Buick, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Porsche all didn’t attend (some local dealers had a few vehicles to represent, like Audi) Genesis was there and made a big splash with their coupe concept and put in on a full show, and entertained the attendees like the old days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

Sadly, Lincoln did not attend the NY Auto Show this year, the first time they sat it out in modern times as far as I recall! Having gone to press days last week and seeing how lame it was, I wish they could have just saved this debut for there, and let the public see their vehicles. Out of site out of mind I say! For what it’s worth, Cadillac, M-B, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Buick, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Porsche all didn’t attend (some local dealers had a few vehicles to represent, like Audi) Genesis was there and made a big splash with their coupe concept and put in on a full show, and entertained the attendees like the old days. 

I went to the NY International Auto Show twice a number of years ago. The first time was a "Dealer Preview" the night before the show opened to the public. We got to see the whole show and enjoy refreshments, etc. courtesy of Ford. The second time was when the show was open to the public which was a waste of time and money due to the crowds. You could barely move. Never again! However, I would definitely go to the show in Las Vegas because of the great Las Vegas Convention Center. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s legit and yes it has to be the import.  Although I still think they could build it alongside Corsair at some point.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2023/04/14/the-all-new-lincoln-nautilus-debuts-on-monday--april-14-at-7-p-m.html

UAW may bargain to try and get it to Louisville. No other site will get it I believe if it even happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudz64 said:

Lincoln missed the Chicago Auto Show as well. M-B also a no show. BMW seemingly only had EV offerings.