Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

7 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

I thought the Nautilus was done in North America after my plant stops building them this year. I heard guys in here saying the next generation would be imported but I didn’t fully believe it. Now it looks like they were right. I wonder if it’s cheaper in Fords eye to import next generation Nautilus than retool an American plant to add it to their roster of vehicles. 

Perhaps Ford in North America would rather retool for EVs. I'm assuming this will be the last ICE Nautilus generation.

• Like 1

What is the problem with a Nautilus made in China?  How many Nautilus can Lincoln sell in NorthAmerica? 20000? Is a small number…. And if China have the capacity to do it, is a smart decision.  The Edge is dead in NorthAmerica , so, the volume in this platform is gone. There are no plant in NorthAmerica to build only 20000 copies of 1 SUV.  

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They would be foolish not to, especially with rumors swirling like crazy about the future of LAP

Oh, I hope the rumors aren't bad, such as possible closure of LAP once the currently-undergoing nearby battery plant goes online. As a Kentuckian, I would hate to think something like that happening to LAP or any auto plants in the state, regardless of manufacturers. I think LAP will eventually be for the affordable 'CE1' BEVs later this decade while continuing to build the Escape and Corsair in lower numbers for the next few years. I'm sure I'm wrong though.

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh it will. I remember when they announced they were going to import Focus from China after MAP stopped building them, and that wasn’t a contract year.

I remember that too and the uproar that came with it. Especially after Ford halted building a new plant in Mexico which would have built the new Focus. Then they decided to abandon that plan and instead import from China. If I remember correctly, all this happened before Ford even announced the Ranger and Bronco production at MAP.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:50 PM, BigBendMatt said:

I found this on google images by searching “2024 Lincoln nautilus” by latest. It has the continental style handles 

<pic>

Not gonna lie but that's sure is a nice one!! ? The front styling along with the placement of the door handles. It's sharp! I do hope that's the legit Nautilus that's coming here. I have thought that the current Lincoln front styling was one of the best in decades. It's been around for 7-8 model years, I think, and it still looks good and fresh today. However, this new front look is very nice. Hopefully it gets shared onto the updated Aviator and all-new Navigator soon.

46 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Not gonna lie but that's sure is a nice one!! ? The front styling along with the placement of the door handles. It's sharp! I do hope that's the legit Nautilus that's coming here. I have thought that the current Lincoln front styling was one of the best in decades. It's been around for 7-8 model years, I think, and it still looks good and fresh today. However, this new front look is very nice. Hopefully it gets shared onto the updated Aviator and all-new Navigator soon.

I agree! I know that door handle placement was controversial on the Continental, but I think it was really interesting, exclusive to Lincoln, and I wish it made its way onto the Corsair and Aviator. 

The new front has just enough edge too. It looks pretty sporty. I think the new look will help boost Nautilus sales. I believe the Aviator refresh will have a similar look. 
We’ll see this new Nautilus soon enough. I believe. a 7PM EST debut!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AM222 said:

Perhaps Ford in North America would rather retool for EVs. I'm assuming this will be the last ICE Nautilus generation.

Agreed but I thought the Nautilus done in N/A in 2023. They are certainly pivoting towards more Lincoln EVs

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There’s no way in hell they’re going to spend millions to tool up one plant just to spend just as much, if not more to tool up a different plant. Even if every other word out of corporate’s collective mouth wasn’t about cutting costs that’s just a bad business decision. 

Oh it will. I remember when they announced they were going to import Focus from China after MAP stopped building them, and that wasn’t a contract year. 

I just thought maybe they could put it in Louisville or something like that. I agree with you though. At contract time you’re gonna hear about more FUTURE investments in terms of EV so Nautilus will likely just be imported for 3-4 more years while they develop another Lincoln EV crossover other than the Aviator.

2 hours ago, BigBendMatt said:

I agree! I know that door handle placement was controversial on the Continental, but I think it was really interesting, exclusive to Lincoln, and I wish it made its way onto the Corsair and Aviator. The new front has just enough edge too. It looks pretty sporty. I think the new look will help boost Nautilus sales. I believe the Aviator refresh will have a similar look. 
We’ll see this new Nautilus soon enough. I believe. a 7PM EST debut!! 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and learning more about it. Maybe there will be some leaks before the debut with additional pictures and even some tidbits. I do wonder where we can stream the debut event.

Edited by pffan1990

4 hours ago, .I. said:

What is the problem with a Nautilus made in China?  How many Nautilus can Lincoln sell in NorthAmerica? 20000? Is a small number…. And if China have the capacity to do it, is a smart decision.  The Edge is dead in NorthAmerica , so, the volume in this platform is gone. There are no plant in NorthAmerica to build only 20000 copies of 1 SUV.  

I suppose you’re right but there is an anti China sentiment here to some degree. I’m guilty of that even though I’m in Canada and we’re like americas poor cousin. I still feel that there has been too much outsourcing to China out of corporate greed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and learning more about it. Maybe there will be some leaks before the debut with additional pictures and even some tidbits. I do wonder where we can stream the debut event.

Enjoy! Was posted on the Fleet Website today; Job one is Sept 6 according to the FDNB, order banks opened last Friday.

2024 Lincoln Nautilus Order Guide.pdf

• Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Enjoy! Was posted on the Fleet Website today; Job one is Sept 6 according to the FDNB, order banks opened last Friday.

2024 Lincoln Nautilus Order Guide.pdf

Whoa!! ? I didn't think we would see anything this early but an order guide is already out. Thanks!! :) So they're already taking orders of it last week even though customers haven't seen nor heard anything about it? Or did you mean that order banks open this Friday? But thanks so much for all this. Looks like the Edge gets the 2024 extension while the current Nautilus ends as a 2023 with the new imported one as 2024.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Whoa!! ? I didn't think we would see anything this early but an order guide is already out. Thanks!! :) So they're already taking orders of it last week even though customers haven't seen nor heard anything about it? Or did you mean that order banks open this Friday? But thanks so much for all this. Looks like the Edge gets the 2024 extension while the current Nautilus ends as a 2023 with the new imported one as 2024.

FDNB showed order bank opening on April 14, The long term goal is going to be showing and opening the order banks very close; expect something similar with the subsequent new launches.

• Like 1

So speaking about subscription items, I saw this on the order guide:

In-Lane Repositioning Note: 90-Day Trial on Premiere (101A) and Reserve (201A); 4 Years of Service Included on Premiere (102A), Reserve (202A/203A) and Black Label (800A)

Other interesting thing I noticed...the 2.0L Ecoboost being teamed with the CVT in hybrid. I seem only to recall the 2.5L having that in North America at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

If I’m reading that right, it looks like the 48” screen is standard. Digital scent is an odd option. Is that something Lincoln has offered before? Also 28 speakers is crazy lol

The digital scent is something they debuted in China, and now offered here.

It looks like they really made many more items standard on all trims, I guess easier to build/order/ship.
Up to 22” wheels, wow!

New Black Label theme debuts here too…Redwood.

Most interiors have black seats it seems.

The new hybrid is the first use of Ecoboost engine, should be more powerful!

• silvrsvt changed the title to Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked
1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

It looks like they really made many more items standard on all trims, I guess easier to build/order/ship.
Up to 22” wheels, wow!

New Black Label theme debuts here too…Redwood.

Most interiors have black seats it seems.

The new hybrid is the first use of Ecoboost engine, should be more powerful!

Excuse my ignorance, but is Ford saving money by building and importing from China? I’m surprised at all the more items being standard. 

45 minutes ago, BigBendMatt said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is Ford saving money by building and importing from China? I’m surprised at all the more items being standard. 

Yes in a sense that tooling costs are negligible on the front end since the body isn’t going to be much, if at all different than the Chinese market version. 

• Like 2

I think it was a "last minute" go ahead to bring this Nautilus here and to import it, as they finally realized Lincoln already has only 4 products, (of which Nautilus is tied for best seller), and no BEV alternative was ready yet, so they smartly IMO decided to bring it over.   Which brings me to 2 directions of thought.

1) It's envisioned as a short term import, with production eventually shifting to an existing NA C2 plant, like Louisville if there are rebodied "next gen" ICE Escape/Corsair coming (I say rebodied, as at this point, they'd keep the platform, just do a new top had to save money).

or

2) It's envisioned as a short term import for a generation until they get 1-2 more BEV products in the midsize segment going and phase out ICE Nautilus without losing the customer base because of a timeline gap.

Edited by rmc523

3 hours ago, BigBendMatt said:

They’re retooling Oakville to make Explorer and aviator BEVs and there isn’t sufficient capacity elsewhere in NA short term so it was either import it or drop it altogether.