Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

The rear wiper is hidden like on the Aviator. I like that. I wonder if the NA version's rear will have its own differences from China's. Those taillights will stand out as the rest of Lincoln's vehicles' are way more flush with the body.

36 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Can't find a way to stream the reveal at 7pm. Seems like it will be an event of some kind since they specifically said New York City. Or will it just be a short edited video dropped along with embargo lifted?

I'm looking for some sort of live stream as well but maybe it's just an embargo break at 7? Hmm

Edited by Willwll313wll

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think it was a "last minute" go ahead to bring this Nautilus here and to import it, as they finally realized Lincoln already has only 4 products, (of which Nautilus is tied for best seller), and no BEV alternative was ready yet, so they smartly IMO decided to bring it over.   Which brings me to 2 directions of thought.

1) It's envisioned as a short term import, with production eventually shifting to an existing NA C2 plant, like Louisville if there are rebodied "next gen" ICE Escape/Corsair coming (I say rebodied, as at this point, they'd keep the platform, just do a new top had to save money).

or

2) It's envisioned as a short term import for a generation until they get 1-2 more BEV products in the midsize segment going and phase out ICE Nautilus without losing the customer base because of a timeline gap.

I believe scenario 2 to be the more likely scenario. Can the UAW muscle Ford into adding this vehicle to Louisville?? Based on what people are saying in here Louisville is gonna get BEVs in a few years so the union isn’t likely to push for a Nautilus in that plant. Import it is going forward the more I think about it.

1 hour ago, Willwll313wll said:

I've been waiting for Lincoln to bring back the two spoke/horizontal themed steering wheel to fit it's horizontal themed interiors. Looks cool.

I don’t mind them. The Navigator Concept from what, 2017? had a beautiful horizontal steering wheel.

38 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I believe scenario 2 to be the more likely scenario. Can the UAW muscle Ford into adding this vehicle to Louisville?? Based on what people are saying in here Louisville is gonna get BEVs in a few years so the union isn’t likely to push for a Nautilus in that plant. Import it is going forward the more I think about it.

I know Ford wants to split into 2 companies keep the 2 as separate manufacturing entities but I believe at some point at least one of these UAW plants will need to be both electric (be it hybrid or straight BEV) and ICE. I’m 100 percent confident it won’t be Flat Rock and I’m 60/40 on it not being MAP either based on that leaked production plan from a few months ago. That leaves LAP as the “odd man out” of UAW repped plants since they already do both. 

I do like the Black/Blue interior of the Reserve, it combined both my favorite colors. But that 310hp and CVT just killed it for me...

Also sad, that the debut was this way...no wonder nothing was confirmed till very late in the game.  Didn't look like a full fan-fare, on stage, "Hey look, this is amazing!"  Like, I've seen, like I see more amusement on my sushi plate when being served than this...

• Like 1