Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

39 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

I do like the Black/Blue interior of the Reserve, it combined both my favorite colors. But that 310hp and CVT just killed it for me...

Also sad, that the debut was this way...no wonder nothing was confirmed till very late in the game.  Didn't look like a full fan-fare, on stage, "Hey look, this is amazing!"  Like, I've seen, like I see more amusement on my sushi plate when being served than this...

I really like the Reserve interior choices. So much so that I dont think I'd opt for a black label. That blue is really nice! Sad you can't get it with the Jet Pack. The black is killer too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I know Ford wants to split into 2 companies keep the 2 as separate manufacturing entities but I believe at some point at least one of these UAW plants will need to be both electric (be it hybrid or straight BEV) and ICE. I’m 100 percent confident it won’t be Flat Rock and I’m 60/40 on it not being MAP either based on that leaked production plan from a few months ago. That leaves LAP as the “odd man out” of UAW repped plants since they already do both. 

Dearborn is sort of like that now but I do see your point and would have to agree. I can’t wait til contract time to be honest. We will get a lot more clarity then.

35 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Dearborn is sort of like that now but I do see your point and would have to agree. I can’t wait til contract time to be honest. We will get a lot more clarity then.

Yes and no. Lightning is literally in its own building but on the same campus. It might share a body shop with the ICE F-150 but I’m not 100 percent sure of that. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I know Ford wants to split into 2 companies keep the 2 as separate manufacturing entities but I believe at some point at least one of these UAW plants will need to be both electric (be it hybrid or straight BEV) and ICE. I’m 100 percent confident it won’t be Flat Rock and I’m 60/40 on it not being MAP either based on that leaked production plan from a few months ago. That leaves LAP as the “odd man out” of UAW repped plants since they already do both. 

Flat Rock is supposed to get the EV Mustang in 2029 per forecasts.  I would not be surprised to see FRAP get a couple of BEVs before then.  Remember they were supposed to build the Mach E and the EV Explorer and Navigator before Ford pulled the plug (no pun intended).  

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yes and no. Lightning is literally in its own building but on the same campus. It might share a body shop with the ICE F-150 but I’m not 100 percent sure of that. 

Oh I see what you’re saying like fully integrated BEV ICE production in a flexible manufacturing sense. Maybe they will have to do that at a plant in the near future.  I think at Dearborn the BEV finally assembly is a separate building but they use ICE  Body and Paint. 

1 hour ago, Footballfan said:

Flat Rock is supposed to get the EV Mustang in 2029 per forecasts.  I would not be surprised to see FRAP get a couple of BEVs before then.  Remember they were supposed to build the Mach E and the EV Explorer and Navigator before Ford pulled the plug (no pun intended).  

From what I understand, Flat Rock is limited in the vehicles it can produce due to the facility's ceiling/roof height. 

• Like 1

Love seeing that video where the guy is showing the vehicles, and in the background, people are just sitting down, have a coffee, come and relax. I'm like, "I'm the person that would walk up..."hm let me touch this, touch that, who are you, remove yourself!, and take over"...lol And the irony, hes talking about the window switchgear, and how well it feels, and it doesn't seem like it's shared with Ford", and I"m like "Since the Fusion Buddy!"...go away bro...

Edited by ANTAUS

19 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Agreed but I thought the Nautilus done in N/A in 2023. They are certainly pivoting towards more Lincoln EVs

Ford probably feels Lincoln's lineup will get too small if they drop the model now, so they might as well continue offering a new ICE Nautilus for now.
I'm guessing this won't be the last imported ICE model we'll see in the US & Canada during Ford's transitional period to EVs. 

Edited by AM222
  • Like 2

I sort of wish they offered a third-row option like China's Edge L. I know there's the Aviator but mid-size competitors like the GLE offer a third-row. I feel if it's platform mate can do it, Lincoln can fit two more seats back there too.

Edited by BigBendMatt

5 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

I do like the Black/Blue interior of the Reserve, it combined both my favorite colors. But that 310hp and CVT just killed it for me...

1637050919_LincolnNautilusReserveInteriorblue.jpg.b9a17c7c9cfcc45bfb8f618d7a3c4e4e.jpg

Ford has been offering some blue in the interior of its Chinese Equator Sport aka next gen Territory (in export markets) along with black and off white/very light gray interior. Lincoln-ish colors.
2023-ford-territory-leak-dash-inline-4-7
-Yugatech

ford-equator-sport-live-photos-from-guan
-Motor1

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigBendMatt said:

I sort of wish they offered a third-row option like China's Edge L. I know there's the Aviator but mid-size competitors like the GLE offer a third-row. I feel if it's platform mate can do it, Lincoln can fit two more seats back there too.

I checked the specs, the Edge L has a 1.9in longer wheelbase and has an overall length that's 3.7in longer. Not sure how much of that goes to third row space.

6 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

True, but every country spies on every other country. It's not like America is a flawless savior. 

That is true concerning spying, but I’m taken aback that you can’t differentiate between Chinese intent verses ours.  

Funny enough, I think the Reserve with the Jet Package looks more upscale than the Black Label, or at least a lot more interesting. The BL's interiors are still incredible but it's a shame how much the jump in price is for a nicely colored interior.
Edit: Looks like Lincoln is done with the plastic cladding around the wheel wells. All I've seen is painted body color or black. That's good.

nautilus_24_res_jet_white_platinum_13.jpg

Edited by BigBendMatt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AM222 said:

Ford probably feels Lincoln's lineup will get too small if they drop the model now, so they might as well continue offering a new ICE Nautilus for now.
I'm guessing this won't be the last imported ICE model we'll see in the US & Canada during Ford's transitional period to EVs. 

What exactly would they bring over? Between now and 2030, the vast majority of products in North America will be replaced by BEVs or have an additional model added.

Only gas products would be the Ranger, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Maverick and F-series, but all of them outside of the Bronco Sport (as it stands now) and most likely the Super Duty will have some sort of BEV option by 2030. 

36 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That is one major change i've noticed..the option lists are really simplified!

Option lists yes, but still too many levels.  2 select and 3 reserve.  Make it one select and one reserve with the vista roof, upgraded audio and massage seats optional.