Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

6 hours ago, BigBendMatt said:

The BL's interiors are still incredible but it's a shame how much the jump in price is for a nicely colored interior.

Significantly upgraded material (especially the leather) and several other perks.  Not just colors.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes and they cancelled the renovation.

It's unfortunate that Ford hasn't renovated the Flat Rock plant to expand its vehicle production capacity. Otherwise, it's also a plant that Ford can always rely on when it needs a facility to assist in the repair or to complete installation of components for vehicles produced and/or stored at other locations.

It's also possible, if there's a need to produce both ICE and BEV version Mustang's for a period of time, the currently unused part of the Flat Rock plant would give Ford that potential. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

55 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's also possible, if there's a need to produce both ICE and BEV version Mustang's for a period of time, the currently unused part of the Flat Rock plant would give Ford that potential. 

There is no unused part right now. Part of the body shop that used to build Fusion/Continental and the old plastics department but that’s about it. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Pricing isn't too terrible...I'd be fine with the entry level model with one option and it coming in around $52K. That is one major change i've noticed..the option lists are really simplified!

They really need to make their packages in the $2000-3000 range. I feel like they are losing money by making the packages so expensive. Premiere and reserve 2 cost $6500. The only options in that package I really care about are the power liftgate and the 110v power converter. I’m not about to pay $6500 just to get those, but if they were in a “convenience package” with a few other small items for $2000, then I’m a buyer.

9 hours ago, BigBendMatt said:

Funny enough, I think the Reserve with the Jet Package looks more upscale than the Black Label, or at least a lot more interesting. The BL's interiors are still incredible but it's a shame how much the jump in price is for a nicely colored interior.
Edit: Looks like Lincoln is done with the plastic cladding around the wheel wells. All I've seen is painted body color or black. That's good.

nautilus_24_res_jet_white_platinum_13.jpg

Well the Jet Package exterior is the same on the Reserve and the Black Label. It trumps the BL trim. The material upgrades on the BL are fantastic but I'm not in love with the themes this go round.

Pair that with the Jet Pack being a stunner, I'd take a Reserve as well! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

They really need to make their packages in the $2000-3000 range. I feel like they are losing money by making the packages so expensive. Premiere and reserve 2 cost $6500. The only options in that package I really care about are the power liftgate and the 110v power converter. I’m not about to pay $6500 just to get those, but if they were in a “convenience package” with a few other small items for $2000, then I’m a buyer.

I agree with you, but I will acknowledge that it's probably a bit more "dicey" with options and packages when it comes to importing as oppose to manufacturing here in the states. It likely limits model differentiation. 

Power liftgate should be standard though!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Significantly upgraded material (especially the leather) and several other perks.  Not just colors.

Oh of course! I was just surprised that they’re only offering black on the lower trims. (based on the build and price) And maybe red? 

19 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

I really like the Reserve interior choices. So much so that I dont think I'd opt for a black label. That blue is really nice! Sad you can't get it with the Jet Pack. The black is killer too.

Yeah, I'm not sure why you can't option that blue interior (or any other interior color options) with the Jet black exterior package.  It's a blue/black interior - not like it clashes.

19 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Navigator gets that long IP length screen

Take it with a grain of salt (though he was right this time), but BORG is saying the next-gen Navigator does get this screen setup.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

4/50k maintenance included too.

Edited by rmc523

44 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why you can't option that blue interior with the black exterior.  It's a blue/black interior - not like it clashes.

You can get black exterior with black/blue interior.  Just not on the Jet Black appearance package because black applies to the seats as well.

56 minutes ago, akirby said:

You can get black exterior with black/blue interior.  Just not on the Jet Black appearance package because black applies to the seats as well.

Whoops, that should've said "jet black".

And I find that a mistake - I may like the black exterior accents but not want an all black interior.  They correct this on the Black Label model, where you can get either theme with the Jet package.

I understand perhaps not allowing a pairing with the tan interior option, but the other two options are "black + ______ (blue or gray)", which would go with the black theme just fine.

Edited by rmc523

Whoops. I see all the interior color choices now. I’m a dummy!! I don’t know why I only saw black on the build and price yesterday. That blue is amazing. wasn’t trying to undermine the Black Labels; When I was looking at the site it  seemed like you’d have to jump to the BL for an interior other than black (which is not the case, I see that now). Sorry about that lol.. 

58 minutes ago, BigBendMatt said:

Whoops. I see all the interior color choices now. I’m a dummy!! I don’t know why I only saw black on the build and price yesterday. That blue is amazing. wasn’t trying to undermine the Black Labels; When I was looking at the site it  seemed like you’d have to jump to the BL for an interior other than black (which is not the case, I see that now). Sorry about that lol.. 

It's okay Matt. Things aren't that serious around here, usually..

17 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't normally like red cars, but it looks great in red:

image.thumb.png.6a2cfcfd76dce93b931e3e99faa759d9.png

It really does. And you can't get a red exterior in the Black Label. If I were to go for a '24 BL, I'd probably opt for a dark grey exterior and the Redwood theme interior. That looks like a nice combination.

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

It really does. And you can't get a red exterior in the Black Label. If I were to go for a '24 BL, I'd probably opt for a dark grey exterior and the Redwood theme interior. That looks like a nice combination.

I don’t think they’ve ever done BL in bright red.  Only burgundy.  It is a stunning color.  Had it been available on the 22 it would have been a tough choice between it and ceramic Pearl.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:16 PM, jasonj80 said:

It is; gains hands free in the option packages.

Did you see that in the order guide? One of the videos posted here shows them trying to open the liftgate and they had to manually do it. I guess you could chalk that up to preproduction though.

For those who know Ford products better than I do, I have a few questions about the hybrid drive train upgrade option on the 2024 Nautilus. It is a 4-cylinder internal combustion engine paired with an electric motor that delivers 100 hp. The vehicle overall is set at 305. I heard one commentator say the vehicle's hp is "limited" to 305. The base IC engine delivers 250 hp. So, does that mean that the ICE in the hybrid is a different engine, or is the combined hp restrained due to some other limitation, such as with the CRT. I've never owned a hybrid or a vehicle with a CRT (which some folks dislike). Is there something about a hybrid that calls for a CRT? Has this combination been used in other FMC vehicles, and has it performed well?

I find, counter to my initial expectations, that I am actually considering the '24. Yeah, it is not built in North America. I have owned foreign-built vehicles in the past and that hasn't bothered me, but China's a hard pill to swallow. Still, it would be buying a vehicle from an American company even if assembled overseas, instead of, say, a Range Rover (something else I'm considering), an Indian company that builds its vehicles in Europe.

There are just so many good things about the new 2024. It looks great inside and out (though of course both are subjective). The interior is roomier, as are the seats. The Blue Cruise and new Google infotainment/navigation software seems like a real step forward. The screen set-up looks good -- I think the Nautilus still won't have a head-up display option, but with the vehicle information set up there on screens immediately below the windscreen it seems that it would be superfluous. Many don't like the lower steering wheel, but I much prefer to have my steering wheel as low as possible, which means that the upper part of it typically obscures important driver information. I like the fact that the new Nautilus will be set up for all of that information to be viewed entirely above the wheel. I'd like more physical buttons, but those seem to be going the way of the Dodo in all cars these days. But I worry I would regret giving up the extra power and performance of the wonderful 2.7 twin scroll V6 paired with a traditional automatic transmission that I have in my 2019. So this is a long-winded way of saying that I'd welcome any thoughts folks here might have on how this particular hybrid engine/motor/transmission pairing works in real-day driving. I don't drive with a lead foot but I do like to be able to get off to a quick start when needed and to have that extra power for passing. Pretty certain I wouldn't be satisfied with the base 4-cylinder 250 hp engine. Thanks!

EDIT: Just to be clear, the hybrid in the 2024 Nautilus is a traditional hybrid system, not a plug-in. Since I have no at-home charging ability, the fact that it is a traditional hybrid is the only reason I'm considering it -- although as stated above I have no personal experience driving any sort of vehicle other than full-on ICE.

Edited by Gurgeh

I think you meant CVT.  It’s actually an E-CVT which all hybrids use that allows the batteries to be recharged when slowing down.  

Normally you see smaller NA engines running Atkinson cycle for max fuel efficiency.  The downside to Atkinson cycle is lack of low rpm torque, but the hybrid motor provides instant torque which makes up for it.

Im guessing they had to limit the torque because the 2.0 ecoboost has a lot of low end torque combined with the electric motor.  Not sure why they chose that combo but it should be quite peppy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Did you see that in the order guide? One of the videos posted here shows them trying to open the liftgate and they had to manually do it. I guess you could chalk that up to preproduction though.

Yes, page 3 Exterior equipment. 

Also the reviews seems to be getting it wrong but Blue Cruise is standard for 90 days then you have to pay for the subscription. 4 years comes in the option packages.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

For those who know Ford products better than I do, I have a few questions about the hybrid drive train upgrade option on the 2024 Nautilus. It is a 4-cylinder internal combustion engine paired with an electric motor that delivers 100 hp. The vehicle overall is set at 305. I heard one commentator say the vehicle's hp is "limited" to 305. The base IC engine delivers 250 hp. So, does that mean that the ICE in the hybrid is a different engine, or is the combined hp restrained due to some other limitation, such as with the CRT. I've never owned a hybrid or a vehicle with a CRT (which some folks dislike). Is there something about a hybrid that calls for a CRT? Has this combination been used in other FMC vehicles, and has it performed well?

I find, counter to my initial expectations, that I am actually considering the '24. Yeah, it is not built in North America. I have owned foreign-built vehicles in the past and that hasn't bothered me, but China's a hard pill to swallow. Still, it would be buying a vehicle from an American company even if assembled overseas, instead of, say, a Range Rover (something else I'm considering), an Indian company that builds its vehicles in Europe.

There are just so many good things about the new 2024. It looks great inside and out (though of course both are subjective). The interior is roomier, as are the seats. The Blue Cruise and new Google infotainment/navigation software seems like a real step forward. The screen set-up looks good -- I think the Nautilus still won't have a head-up display option, but with the vehicle information set up there on screens immediately below the windscreen it seems that it would be superfluous. Many don't like the lower steering wheel, but I much prefer to have my steering wheel as low as possible, which means that the upper part of it typically obscures important driver information. I like the fact that the new Nautilus will be set up for all of that information to be viewed entirely above the wheel. I'd like more physical buttons, but those seem to be going the way of the Dodo in all cars these days. But I worry I would regret giving up the extra power and performance of the wonderful 2.7 twin scroll V6 paired with a traditional automatic transmission that I have in my 2019. So this is a long-winded way of saying that I'd welcome any thoughts folks here might have on how this particular hybrid engine/motor/transmission pairing works in real-day driving. I don't drive with a lead foot but I do like to be able to get off to a quick start when needed and to have that extra power for passing. Pretty certain I wouldn't be satisfied with the base 4-cylinder 250 hp engine. Thanks!

EDIT: Just to be clear, the hybrid in the 2024 Nautilus is a traditional hybrid system, not a plug-in. Since I have no at-home charging ability, the fact that it is a traditional hybrid is the only reason I'm considering it -- although as stated above I have no personal experience driving any sort of vehicle other than full-on ICE.

From my understanding, the reason the total output of a hybrid isn't just the max output of the engine plus the max output of the electric motors is because those two power sources reach max hp/tq at different times. An electric motor is going to reach it's max output at very low speeds, but they tend to drop off in output at higher speeds. Whereas a gas engine usually has to be revved out to achieve max power. 

So hypothetically, at lower speeds, the Nautilus's electric motors with hit 100 HP if you floor it at, let's say, 10 mph, but the gas engine may only be producing 170 hp at the time. At higher speeds, the gas engine with hit it's max power output of 250 hp, but the power of the motors is winding down. So you rarely have peak output from both systems at the same time. 

As for your other question, I assume instead of CRT, you mean CVT. Most people don't like traditional CVT's for one of three reasons; fake shift points, lethargic performance, and longevity. I'm going to assume because it's a E-cvt in a c2 product, that this transmission is either the same one in our Maverick hybrid, or it's very similar. 

The e-cvts used by Ford don't have fake shift points, at least not the ones I've driven. In our maverick, it's an extremely smooth,  and relaxing transmission, it should suit a refined luxury vehicle quite well. In terms of performance, I've found that the transmission is very quick to respond to throttle input. You never have to wait for it to drop a gear or two when accelerating hard like you do in autos.

Finally, longevity, this is the biggest sticking point for most people when it comes to CVTs. Nissan and Subaru to a lesser extent have had a ton of issues with their CVTS, because the pulleys and belts they use becoming stretched over time, drastically affecting the transmission and driving experience. Ford doesn't use belt and pulleys in their CVTs. They use very reliable metal gears, these transmissions are extremely reliable, probably the most reliable out of all Ford products currently on sale. 

• Like 3