Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

9 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Mystery new Lincoln spied? Seems to be smaller than the Aviator/Navigator

From Kindelauto at IG

E645BA86-391E-47BD-B666-EF62A8FFDA8D.jpeg

not sure what that is-its gas powered (going by the door panel on the side-is in the same place as the Escape/Corsair) but the front facia doesn't look like a Lincoln to me and more like the previous gen Escape/Kuga in China?

The Corsair was just refreshed too. 

13 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Mystery new Lincoln spied? Seems to be smaller than the Aviator/Navigator

From Kindelauto at IG

E645BA86-391E-47BD-B666-EF62A8FFDA8D.jpeg

It's not Nautilus, look at the mirror pillar mounts:

image.png.b2900283cc1a57dc6c79cc07676b7dd9.png

Her'es the Chinese model Corsair:

image.png.61823d7b658bab267b4a103b9a2f7b22.png

The Continental-style door pulls are interesting, though.

I would've said maybe we're getting the more thorough Chinese Corsair refresh.....but I doubt they'd redesign the doors on another refresh to accomodate those Conti handles.

Are they sneaking a new Corsair in, and maybe that's why we got such a mild refresh vs. the Chinese model? 

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Are they sneaking a new Corsair in, and maybe that's why we got such a mild refresh vs. the Chinese model? 

That really doesn't make much sense-why spend money 2x over to do the same thing?

Only thing that might make some sense is that they'll import the Corsair to the US at a later date?

If that is the case, that begs the question about what winds up at LAP and Oakville in a few years.

The EV Explorer apparently isn't going to Oakville now and will be built at BOC with the T3.  

The current thinking is the Escape and Corsair go away in 2026 or so. 

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I would've said maybe we're getting the more thorough Chinese Corsair refresh.....but I doubt they'd redesign the doors on another refresh to accomodate those Conti handles.

yeah, it isn't the Nautilus. Maybe as you say it is the Corsair although it would be a bit weird because they have just refreshed it. It could be something else? Maybe a Mach-e sibling?

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

There is room for a smaller than Corsair Lincoln CUV. Something more along the wheelbase of the Bronco Sport. 

Think Audi Q3 or Lexus UX sized. 

But this is clearly not smaller than a Corsair.

Just throwing some guesses out there:

1) Corsair/Nautilus coupe? (Doubt)
2) They decided to bring Black Label to the Corsair with Continental door handles?

3) For some reason, it is another refresh, maybe with a Nautilus matching interior. 

Edited by BigBendMatt

17 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yes, it's got to be a Corsair. 

I think Ford/Lincoln in North America was just avoiding the flush pop-out door handles of the Chinese version, so they gave the new USDM Nautilus Continental-style door handles. 

The refreshed Chinese Corsair retains the conventional door handles, if they would make a North American version of this, they'd probably keep those door handles.

Edited by AM222

One thing I just noticed-on the Chinese Corsair, the fuel door is on the passenger side, but the NA Corsair it is on the drivers side, along with the Chinese/NA Nautilus. 

In the spy photo a "fuel door" is on the drivers side roughly in the same position as the NA Corsair/Nautilus. Which makes me wonder if its just a ruse.

The other thing that bugs me is look at the beltline and height of the nose on it-it sit up higher then the current Escape/Corsair, but to me at least, maybe its the Lincoln version of the Mach E? The size and general shape are closer to it then the Corsair, plus it wouldn't be doing a refresh of a current refresh so soon. Also there is a ton of camo around the C pillar that would hide the little window that is on the Mach E and would be expensive to change. 

New 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT | 3FMTK4SE5PMA11912 

Edited by silvrsvt

On 5/30/2023 at 4:02 PM, silvrsvt said:

That really doesn't make much sense-why spend money 2x over to do the same thing?

Only thing that might make some sense is that they'll import the Corsair to the US at a later date?

If that is the case, that begs the question about what winds up at LAP and Oakville in a few years.

The EV Explorer apparently isn't going to Oakville now and will be built at BOC with the T3.  

I agree, but at the same time, giving a refreshed model the flush handles doesn't make sense either, as you're redesigning the entire door.....on a new model it makes sense, but not an existing one, but who knows.

23 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

Pretty sure that is the shooting Star….

Hm, doesn't look much like the concept.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:11 PM, ExplorerDude said:

I am not sure, it doesn't look like the concept, also I think they will go after different design. This on the other hand looks a bit more traditional in shape

On 5/30/2023 at 11:39 PM, ausrutherford said:

There is room for a smaller than Corsair Lincoln CUV. Something more along the wheelbase of the Bronco Sport. 

Think Audi Q3 or Lexus UX sized. 

I agree, there is room for something smaller, also some coupe suvs but it doesn't seem to be that small 

Who told you that the EV Explorer isn’t going to Oakville?? If this is true this will be the fourth time they moved this not even built yet product! 

What’s going to Oakville then?

2 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Who told you that the EV Explorer isn’t going to Oakville?? If this is true this will be the fourth time they moved this not even built yet product! 

That is weird, I could have sworn that they said it was going to be built at BOC

The article has been updated

https://insideevs.com/news/668467/ford-three-row-electric-suv-coming-2025-350-miles-range/

But there is this paywall article stating this

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_168562720347812&key=b0e696bec77f502c69ed3461cc408845&libId=lid6v0pa0100b4br000ULowyjteah&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fblueovalforums.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F72373-electric-vehicle-discussion-thread-ford-related%2F%26page%3D39&v=1&opt=true&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.detroitnews.com%2Fstory%2Fbusiness%2Fautos%2Fford%2F2023%2F05%2F22%2Fford-executives-to-give-markets-an-update-on-business-plan%2F70242261007%2F&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fblueovalforums.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F72373-electric-vehicle-discussion-thread-ford-related%2F%26page%3D36&title=Electric Vehicle Discussion Thread - Ford Related - Page 39 - Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum - Blue Oval Forums&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.detroitnews.com%2Fstory%2Fbusiness%2Fautos%2Fford%2F2023%2F05%2F22%2Fford-executives-to-give-markets-an-update-on-business-plan%2F7...

"Among the updates shared: Ford is developing a three-row SUV as part of its second generation of electric vehicles. Doug Field, Ford's chief advanced product development and technology officer, teased an "affordable" family vehicle that he described as a "personal bullet train."The vehicle, which is targeting an estimated 350 miles of range on a single charge with a smaller, more efficient battery, is slated to launch in 2025.  The SUV would join a new electric pickup truck Ford previously announced it's developing as part of its second generation EV lineup, a project that's codenamed 'T3.' That truck will be built at Ford's under-construction manufacturing campus in Tennessee."

On 5/31/2023 at 2:24 PM, rmc523 said:

Hm, doesn't look much like the concept.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:11 PM, ExplorerDude said:

To be fair, that may not be production body work. The Bronco mules looked like Frankenstein rangers for awhile. The bronco sport mules were lifted fiestas, and I remember when the mach-e was nothing more than a fat looking escape. 

596159.jpg

baby-bronco-spy-photos.webp

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Any product presentation done by Doug Field should be taken with a grain of salt,

he’s an IT engineer bent on rolling out monthly subscriptions for all.

Confirmation bias to the max, Ford believes it’s own propaganda until no one buys….

8 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

So, is the hybrid version of the 2024 Nautilus for China's domestic market a PHEV, while the version for North America is a traditional hybrid?

On 5/30/2023 at 10:42 PM, matt6 said:

Just throwing some guesses out there:

1) Corsair/Nautilus coupe? (Doubt)
2) They decided to bring Black Label to the Corsair with Continental door handles?

3) For some reason, it is another refresh, maybe with a Nautilus matching interior. 

I like #3. The Nautilus will make the Corsair look outdated if they don't bring the new interior design of the Nautilus.

• Like 1