Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Price, brand loyalty, perceived quality.    Same reasons Camry came in last in every comparison test but was #1 in sales for years.

Agree, but that actually shows the problem: brand loyalty and perceived quality.

There has been a lot of problems lately with Lincoln/Ford products

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Acura offering more models helps and selling a "tarted up Civic" is not unlike the Big 3's decades-long practice of selling upscaled or different versions of vehicles across different divisions such as Ford > Mercury, Chevrolet > Buick > Pontiac > Oldsmobile, etc. It helps them increase sales and improve plant utilization and efficiency at a reasonable incremental cost. 

It wasn’t meant as a dig on Acura just pointing out that cheaper vehicles sell higher volumes.

20 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Agree, but that actually shows the problem: brand loyalty and perceived quality.

Outside of the Aviator launch it hasn’t been that bad.  Lack of a Nautilus hybrid and lack of a cheaper Aviator with a smaller engine definitely hurt sales as well as lack of Corsair hybrids to sell.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:08 PM, joseodiaga4 said:

Ya know I was going to ask this forum about this and to see if anyone else is seeing a trend or an uptick in Ford/Lincoln issues.  I post to a few Lincoln Facebook groups and in the Lincoln subreddit (gross I know I don't care for reddit at all but no one in that sub tends to know what they are talking about) and I have noticed an increase in people complaining about common issues.

2.0 Coolant issues needing a block replacement

3.5/3.7 Internal water pump nightmares in most cases needed a whole new engine or a 4-6k dollar job to fix

Early Aviator issues still lingering around lots of little gremlins with them

Camera issues over and over again blue screens of death or the imagine upside down with no way of fixing it

Power sunshades getting bunched up and breaking and it costing over 2k to fix

AWD issues on some Fords and Lincolns but not all

I have been around car forums since about the mid 2000s and I don't ever remember a time when Ford/Lincoln even Mercury cars/trucks had this many issues.  I used to hang out on the Taurus Club website and everyone knew the common issues with those cars but nothing like above.  Even the Lincoln LS groups which many said the LS was unreliable didn't have some of these issues.  I had an 04 and thankfully mine was really good to me.

Seems like the most reliable Lincoln products of the past 10 years or so is the MKZ Hybrid, MKZ/Continental with the 3.0, or the MKC with the 2.3, and the Navigator.  Anything else with the 2.0, 3.7, or 3.5 EcoBoost in FWD/AWD form tend to be a huge headache which unfortunately is a big chunk of them.

I convinced 2 friends to buy a 2.0T MKZ and a 2019 Explorer recently.  The Explorer was new and the MKZ was lightly used but I worry now that I have seen all these issues they might have them too and get pissed off at me for recommending them.

Don't get me wrong I still root for Ford and Lincoln but all these major issues that have been popping up on forums and such is causing concern.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, tbone said:

Yes, totally agree.  I can’t tell you the last time I saw a Lincoln tv advertisement or print ad.  I still contend they have great products that not many know about. 

And doing mediocre refreshes doesn’t move the needle much either.

My cursory search of Chinese pricing brought up this for an Aviator Reserve.  

Lincoln Aviator Reserve 2023 Price in China is CHN 410,690 (US$58,670)

A quick look for the US pricing indicated the most popular trim level, the Reserve trim, starts at $57,900 MSRP. For 2023. 

Now,  I did not take steps to validate these numbers, but let’s assume for the moment they are true, there’s very little price difference between the two. If Lincoln is trying to hit a certain price point by not including the upgraded materials and options on the US version, how about a least offering them as options, considering they’re already in the Ford parts bin.  

To me, it’s just a half assed effort on Ford/Lincoln’s part to make the brand the best that it can be, when I am certain they can be class leading if they wanted to be.  

I see some Lincoln ads on TV, but I do think it's been hard for them to get the word out there about some great products.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, akirby said:

While I agree Ford seems lazy on some NA models, you do have to remember that each market is different and what sells in one market may not in another and pricing and compeititon are totally different.

Sure, but on the flip side, doing ho-hum minimal refreshes won't help things either.

• Like 1

On a positive note, I got to see the new Nautilus at the auto show, and I was VERY impressed by it.  It looks fantastic on the outside, and the interior looked great - I wasn't sure how the screen integration would look in person, but it looked good!  The full width screen was wowing a lot of people too - everybody that looked in was like "woah, look the screen goes all the way across"

This thing will be a hit if they can advertise well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

On a positive note, I got to see the new Nautilus at the auto show, and I was VERY impressed by it.  It looks fantastic on the outside, and the interior looked great - I wasn't sure how the screen integration would look in person, but it looked good!  The full width screen was wowing a lot of people too - everybody that looked in was like "woah, look the screen goes all the way across"

Niceee. No pics??

Edited by Willwll313wll

20 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Niceee. No pics??

Unfortunately, no.  Honestly, I was so excited to see it (as I didn't expect it), I just sort of scurried on over to check it out without taking any photos.

It was in that gorgeous red color they have.  I don't really like red cars, but it looked great in red.

Edited by rmc523

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

On a positive note, I got to see the new Nautilus at the auto show, and I was VERY impressed by it.  It looks fantastic on the outside, and the interior looked great - I wasn't sure how the screen integration would look in person, but it looked good!  The full-width screen was wowing a lot of people too - everybody that looked in was like "Woah, look the screen goes all the way across"

Nice!! Could you try the infotainment? I am curious about some comparison with chinese model in terms of equipment and tech

36 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Nice!! Could you try the infotainment? I am curious about some comparison with chinese model in terms of equipment and tech

There were a lot of people checking it out/waiting to get in, so I didn't get a chance to play with much of the features/screen too much.  I also don't think it was in full accessory mode, as the display immediately in front of the driver wasn't on.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

There were a lot of people checking it out/waiting to get in, so I didn't get a chance to play with much of the features/screen too much.  I also don't think it was in full accessory mode, as the display immediately in front of the driver wasn't on.

IIRC you are on the east coast of FL right? Makes me wonder if the Tampa Auto Show will get it, and if so I may go so I can check it out in person.