2021 f250 missing driver door key tumbler?

Az_Rael

We have a used 2021 King Ranch super duty.   Noticed after purchase that there was what looked like a trim piece missing from the driver door handle where the key tumbler would go.   Thought maybe the tumbler was just missing, but looking closer, there is no hole on the door for a key tumbler at all.    Took it to our local dealer and the service guy hadn't seen that before and chalked it up to covid parts deletions.  

Was there an option to delete the key lock on the driver door?   

Is there a procedure for getting in if the battery dies with this config?

20221123_065232.jpg

20221123_065142.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A previous owner fixed a security issue on the truck. That tumbler is a disaster. I picked up my 22 in October and I ordered a right front pax door handle (no tumbler but does have the lock touch button) to replace the driver's handle getting rid of the tumbler.  The handle was a bit over $200 and the paint $45.

20221123_192419.thumb.jpg.008eb92c16a21c0902052c76650200dc.jpg

It's common knowledge among thieves that you can pull out the Ford handle, put a channel lock around the tumbler and open the door faster than with a key.  It's unlikely for the battery to be so dead that it won't unlock a door but if that does happen you can hook jumpers to the starter motor to open the door.  Or you can install a trickle charger lead on your battery that you can access through a fender.   

Lots of chrome door handle covers on ebay if you want to replace yours so the key hole is gone.

YT videos on how to pull off the covers without any tools.

Edited by 4thTimer