Tire Size on OEM Rims

sd350

I am having a hard time with tire size, I would like to put a BF Goodrich AT 35x12.5R 18 LT

on the factory rims, I am waiting on my 22 F-350 XLT Reg Cab 8' bed from what I can see it looks like that is the size on the tremor Pkg. with the same rim just painted black, I have a 2.5'' ready lift kit for the front with the plow Pkg has anyone done this or understands tire sizes better than me, any rubbing problems. Thank You 

Thank You !  Someone said that the OEM rims are 8" with but what I see it says they are 9" in with, So does that also mean that the tremor rims are also 9" and are the same ones that are on an XLT but just painted black? that's what it looks like with all the trucks I have seen & the 1 on the lot that just came in for someone are the same.

10 hours ago, sd350 said:

Thank You !  Someone said that the OEM rims are 8" with but what I see it says they are 9" in with, So does that also mean that the tremor rims are also 9" and are the same ones that are on an XLT but just painted black? that's what it looks like with all the trucks I have seen & the 1 on the lot that just came in for someone are the same.

Factory wheels usually aren’t meant to accommodate tires that wide. Have you considered 295/70R18 tires? You’ll get better performance/fuel economy and mount them on factory wheels without any safety concerns. 

00643648-BAA2-47F1-834D-173DA9F07D9F.png

• Like 1

By installing the tire on a rim that is narrower than the tire was designed for you would be changing the geometry of the tire. Tire behavior would be unpredictable when operating under severe conditions and you may break the seal at the bead.  There just may be a logical reason that some dealers would not install a tire on a rim that is narrower than it was designed for.

Edit...

I went with 285 75 18s.

Right at 35",  9 1/2 inches on the tread  And the walls are about 12".

The thing I like the most about them is they are 4080 on the weight rating.

As you can see there is definitely more room for the tread width and there is adequate space  For it not to rub, I just stuck with this for hauling.

I think with the wider tires you will lose some of your weight rating if I am not mistaken but it's been a while since I was digging into this. 

The wider the tire on the stock rims does not do well when you are dragging max loads. (That's just my personal experience and opinion)

20211201_145237.jpg

20211201_144057.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

Thank You all, This is why I asked all of you for the best info out there. I just never could get the tire sizes straight  I don't want to put myself or anyone else in danger so I appreciate everyone's help! I am aware some places will just put any size on to make a sale!

• Like 1