SD Fender badges

Does anyone from Ford know what the status of these parts is? I got my F350KR with the plastic inserts and it looks like garbage. I've tried to order them from several places that say their in stock, but always it ends in failure as they are never truly in stock. Has the EPA given green light to the supplier or are we waiting for something? I'm assuming that this will be rectified soon since the 23's have even more pronounced badges? I'm just hoping Ford doesn't say 'screw it' and throw the towel in for 22's which leave us with ugly plastic inserts due to the supplier going belly up or something..

20221024_145210.jpg

20221024_145247.jpg

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I agree that the solid blanks look like crap.  I see tons of aftermarket ones that look a lot better than the OEM ones.  

But what does the EPA have to do with it?  

I'm assuming the EPA shut down Tribar for releasing too much chromium into the river in Wixom. But, not sure if they are still down or it was a several week think that just caused a delay in delivery or what. Tribar makes the badges..

Most of the aftermarket stuff looks good but apparently is garbage..there was a recent video from PowerstrokeTechTalk that had at least one example of these crappy lit badges. If anyone has any recommendations based on personal experience, I'm all ears.

Our boss had ordered around 10 sets of LED lighted badges for our work pickups from Main Event Emblems,  the lights themselves were pretty underwhelming, and eventually they all burned out.  Only one set fell off while driving, the rest stayed on with the 3M adhesive they supplied.  Our works trucks are all in rough service environments but held up well, except for the LEDs

Edited by Wyo82