If 4 gig is removed

sd350

With Ford leaving out the 4 gig setup because of chip holdup can you still add the remote start kit from Ford part # KN1Z-19A361-A, also if you have the flip key with the horn symbol does it still have the alarm from the factory, or is that the only remote they have, truck still not in.

4 gig what?

Do you mean the hotspot feature removal?  If so, the vehicle maintains the AT&T 4G LTE modem for FordPass features, including remote start via FordPass app.  That's unaffected by this feature removal - only the hotspot is gone.  So you can't subscribe with AT&T and connect your phone/laptop/tablet to the car Wi-Fi to get online.  Nothing else changes - everything else is still there, you just can't tap into the AT&T modem for your devices.

This has nothing to do with the Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System.  That does not use the AT&T modem let alone the hotspot.  Nor does remote start on the key fob, whether with that security system or if equipped with remote start from the factory.

The hotspot removal isn’t a big loss for most.  Its biggest shortcoming is lack of portability.  It is (was) built into the truck so you could only use it in the truck.  We use either a portable hotspot or our phones for a hotspot if the need arises.  Regardless, the removal of this “feature” doesn’t impact the FordPass features including remote start from your smartphone.  

I have the switchblade key, with remote start on the key and there is a red “alarm” button. Pressing it makes the horn honk and the lights flash.  This is a pic of my key and one of my FordPass app.

37417B97-317D-4552-92DF-7DAA4CB796CF.jpeg

E4A0F0A9-941E-4A3D-803A-5ADD6C457EA4.jpeg

Yes sorry, for that I am talking about the Hotspot that's the one they give you the credit for on the sticker. So it looks like then you can add the remote start without any problem from what I have seen & read with the help of you all letting me know that one doesn't affect the other. the only reason I ask is that was left off my order so I will need to add the remote start once you have that you can't let it go especially when you plow & want the truck warm defrosting before you leave the house in the snow.

Here is the secret they don’t want you to know:  even without adding remote start to the fob, you still have it automatically through the free FordPass app!  I can set an auto start schedule with the app and the truck is warm and toasty when I walk out the front door.

When I ordered my Escape, I did the research and saved $495 by not adding the remote start with the fob and used the app instead. When I would fly for work, as soon as the plane landed, I would use the app to start my car, let it time out after 10 minutes, then used the app again on my way to the parking lot and my car was warm and clear of snow and ice.

I would suggest waiting until you get your truck and try it out before you spend money adding the remote start with fob.