2022 Lincoln Navigator Rear Display and Speakers

18 hours ago, cblaze22@gmail.com said:

I assumed that all TV displays would have speakers, why wouldn't they lol.  My audi does and it's 2013.  Not the end of the world but man that doesn't make sense from a user experience standpoint.

What I have seen is Lincoln advertising these vehicles as quiet sanctuaries. So, in that regard, the screens needing headphones, or the like, would make sense. 

I can see what you are saying, but that may be a big reason why they are like that. 

If the res cant be played through the speakers, i dont know how the the 3rd row passengers are supposed to watch anything, but i thought you could play what you watch through yhe speakers on these.  However, To be fair, idk if any new vehicle has a res that plays through the speakers nowadays, They all have headphones so they dont have to play through the speakers.  In 2013, almost all vehicles with res could play through the speakers.  

On 11/30/2022 at 7:22 AM, cblaze22@gmail.com said:

Quiet sanctuaries? This is a car that can hold 7 people.  Where in the world did you see that? Why not have speakers and headphones.  

I don't know, the commercials? The noise cancellation? I don't see luxury SUVs as movie theaters. Trying to be helpful and offer a theory on why they didn't allow the sound through speakers, and you reply in a sort of rude way. 

So, good luck to you. 

Edited by Black Label

39 minutes ago, cblaze22@gmail.com said:

Sorry wasn't being rude. Kinda talking back to myself with disbelief.  Was curious though where you did hear about quiet sanctuaries though.

Okay, sorry. Easy to misinterpret the written word sometimes. 

I don't know if I heard that exact phrase, it was just the sense I got from the Serena and other commercials I have seen for Lincoln. 

• 3 weeks later...

We avoided the Lincoln Play on our 2020 intentionally. Then we bought an Advent system aftermarket and it looked just like the Lincoln Play so they must make them for Lincoln even though they didn't operate the same way. Anyhow, aftermarket RES have IR transmitting ability so you can set them to project an FM signal and you can play the audio over the speakers that way while tuning into that radio station.