Ford November 2022 U.S. sales

11 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

By the way, anyone know where F-600 sales counted.....?  F series or Heavy Truck.  Looking at those Heavy Truck numbers I hope 600 is in F totals.

F600 tucks under F Series while F650/F750 are the heavy truck numbers

F600 has been around  900 sales a month max this year.

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Have you compared the supercrew and Supercab rangers?  Not much difference and the backseat of a Supercab is almost unusable for adults.  The supercrew is borderline.  This is different than F150 where the Supercab is quite comfortable for 3 adults.

I would want a supercrew but with a 6’ or 6.5’ bed.

Saying “there are people who would buy” doesn’t mean it’s profitable.  If they can keep the factory running at capacity that’s all that matters.

I took the rear seat cushions out of my 2021 Ranger SuperCab the day i brought it home. We've got a Mariner for passenger duty. I wanted the 6' box to haul my motorcycle; the 5' box would've had the rear wheel precariously on the rear edge of the tailgate.

If the '24 and later are SuperCrew only, I hope they offer a 6' box version when I'm ready to trade. Every other midsize truck sold in the US offers one, but I'druther stay with Ford.

9 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

I took the rear seat cushions out of my 2021 Ranger SuperCab the day i brought it home. We've got a Mariner for passenger duty. I wanted the 6' box to haul my motorcycle; the 5' box would've had the rear wheel precariously on the rear edge of the tailgate.

If the '24 and later are SuperCrew only, I hope they offer a 6' box version when I'm ready to trade. Every other midsize truck sold in the US offers one, but I'druther stay with Ford.

I also think it looks way better with the 6’ bed period.  The 5’ bed just looks stubby to me.  But I understand why they offer it.  Same reason the 5.5’ is standard on F150 SCREW.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

If true, huge mistake IMO.  There are plenty of buyers who would STILL buy a conventional cab to say nothing of those who clearly want a Supercab.   It seems all the product planners at Ford, GM, Ram drink the same Kool-Aid.  And I get it on cost of model proliferation but there is a point  where you have to draw the Line.

At my old age I've thought of a 150 short bed with a 5.0.  My sons of course say I should at least get a supercab so I can haul their kids around?.  I've been looking at at 22 Rangers but when I look at the 24 I say I've waited this long, I can wait for that.  My 04 FX 4 Level II has been in family since new, always garaged.  I have people lined up who want to buy it so....hopefully the '23 run will be a short one.

BUT..no super cab?...maybe I'll go crazy and put a 347 crate in the 04!

I'd also imagine he means initially for ramp up, and that there'd be an option down the road to add a SuperCab.

----

I know I"m late to the party, but here's the green/red version of the charts.  Hopefully parts shortages will alleviate soon.  YOY numbers from already low numbers look bad.

image.thumb.png.827998ecaf57ce85305cb814d938f143.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 3:22 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

It’s mostly that. 375 is a dead man walking so why bother stockpiling parts? 

Good news is on that front, the parts issues we were having in Body shop seem to have subsided for the time being. I do find it curious they haven’t formally announced the North American Ranger for 2024 yet. 

Agreed, could Ford be holding back info and surprise everyone by introducing the 2024 Ranger to NA market with coil spring rear suspension, beating the Tacoma to it. I'd be a taker, much better ride and control especially on washboard roads.

58 minutes ago, maginty said:

Agreed, could Ford be holding back info and surprise everyone by introducing the 2024 Ranger to NA market with coil spring rear suspension, beating the Tacoma to it. I'd be a taker, much better ride and control especially on washboard roads.

I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, maginty said:

Well, since Bronco is already based on the next gen Ranger chassis AND has the coil sprung rear suspension, I don't see it as a big leap.

Edited by twintornados

4 hours ago, maginty said:

The current US Ranger probably has a defined build quantity in its final year, so they probably need to build those

before switch to NG Ranger. Everything got stretched out thanks to covid stoppages and parts / chip shortages.

And then prioritising Bronco because so many orders still left to fill. Ford really has an embarrassment of riches

with so many vehicle orders on the books, guaranteed sales, just build and send to dealers for delivery….Amazing.

8 hours ago, maginty said:

If Ford is planning a future Ranger Lighting within a couple of years as has been reported, and since it would require IRS similar to F-150 Lightning and E-Transit to accommodate the rear-axle’s electric motor, why not just build ICE Ranger with coil spring IRS from start?  I suppose added cost is main disadvantage, but having a shared semi-trailing-arm rear suspension should add some value.  I don’t know if added cost can be justified, but if upgrading to coil springs, I’d prefer IRS instead of a live axle.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, Rick73 said:

If Ford is planning a future Ranger Lighting within a couple of years as has been reported, and since it would require IRS similar to F-150 Lightning and E-Transit to accommodate the rear-axle’s electric motor, why not just build ICE Ranger with coil spring IRS from start?  I suppose added cost is main disadvantage, but having a shared semi-trailing-arm rear suspension should add some value.  I don’t know if added cost can be justified, but if upgrading to coil springs, I’d prefer IRS instead of a live axle.

As much as I would like to see a Ranger EV that uses current Lightning  components, I feel like that opportunity is no longer there which kinda sucks given what’s been said publicly. Maybe I read too much into things…..

Edited by jpd80

1 December  inventory 

Ecosport…………………….1,700

Bronco……………….…….19,000

Bronco Sport…….…….11,700

Escape…………….….……32,000

Edge……………..………….10,700

Explorer……………….…..36,600

Expedition……………..…10,400

Mach E……………………….7,500

Mustang……………….….10,400

F Series…………….…….164,100

Ranger…………………………6.800

Maverick……………..……..7.000

E-Series…………………….11,000

Transit………………….……21,300

Transit Connect……….…2,800

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

1 December  inventory 

Ecosport…………………….1,700

Bronco……………….…….19,000

Bronco Sport…….…….11,700

Escape…………….….……32,000

Edge……………..………….10,700

Explorer……………….…..36,600

Expedition……………..…10,400

Mach E……………………….7,500

Mustang……………….….10,400

F Series…………….…….164,100

Ranger…………………………6.800

Maverick……………..……..7.000

E-Series…………………….11,000

Transit………………….……21,300

Transit Connect……….…2,800

These figures would be more meaningful if they were interpreted as DOS.

9 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

These figures would be more meaningful if they were interpreted as DOS.

Here ya go but I don’t think it will make much sense in regards to customer demand

there is no indication as to whether this is free stock, customer orders in transit 

or vehicles awaiting parts to complete…..probably all of those.

1 December  inventory ………….Days Supply

Ecosport…………………….1,700………51

Bronco……………….…….19,000………31

Bronco Sport…….…….11,700………94

Escape…………….….……32,000………90

Edge……………..………….10,700………46

Explorer……………….…..36,600………56

Expedition……………..…10,400……..44

Mach E……………………….7,500………53

Mustang……………….….10,400………80

F Series…………….…….164,100……..74

Ranger…………………………6.800………70