F250 question from a noobie

terrencem

Just joined the forum. Longtime lurker.  I'm getting ready to buy a 2022 F250 XL/STX. I've found 2 in the preferred Iconic Silver.  Unfortunately, neither of these trucks have the factory installed trailer brake controller.  My question is, how easily can a factory brake controller be installed after delivery?  Is it a plug and play install or is the installation more involved?  Would the ECU need re-flashed after the install?   I'd rather not install an aftermarket unit unless I have to.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Try checking out this youtube video.

How to install a factory brake controller F250 Super Duty 2017-2021 - YouTube

Looked like it wouldn't be too hard.

Ask the sales rep to add a computer flash to the due bill (maybe they will) for goodwill. They should give you a 10% discount on parts when you purchase a new vehicle.

Edited by rottekatz1
change video

4 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Try checking out this youtube video.

How to install a factory brake controller F250 Super Duty 2017-2021 - YouTube

Looked like it wouldn't be too hard.

Ask the sales rep to add a computer flash to the due bill (maybe they will) for goodwill. They should give you a 10% discount on parts when you purchase a new vehicle.

Thanks for the reply and recommendations.  I'll definitely ask them to do both. One of sales reps I've talked says it was an easy install and confirmed the need for a re-flash after the install.  He said he had sold an F150  3 weeks ago that needed a brake controller.  Said it (only) took 10 days to come in. He was a bit surprised given the current circumstances.  Hope I'm as lucky! 

• Like 1