2023 Aftermarket Compatibility

I suspect that Ford works with aftermarket suppliers (e.g., tonneau cover companies, shock companies, seat cover companies, etc.) and provide them specs and drawings so that aftermarket parts are available when the new truck models are available (correct me if I'm wrong). Does anyone know when this happens or when companies will be able to verify that the parts that they sell for prior years will be compatible with the new 23s? I'd like to start stockpiling parts in advance of delivery so that I'm not waiting on those parts when the new truck arrives, but I'm unsure of when I can start purchasing.

1 hour ago, CharlieKelley said:

I suspect that Ford works with aftermarket suppliers (e.g., tonneau cover companies, shock companies, seat cover companies, etc.) and provide them specs and drawings so that aftermarket parts are available when the new truck models are available (correct me if I'm wrong). Does anyone know when this happens or when companies will be able to verify that the parts that they sell for prior years will be compatible with the new 23s? I'd like to start stockpiling parts in advance of delivery so that I'm not waiting on those parts when the new truck arrives, but I'm unsure of when I can start purchasing.

Don't get to carried away. I've saw guys that did that for their 21 or 22 MY trucks, and 2 of them didn't get their ordered trucks, and ended up selling their aftermarket accessories pretty cheap. Unless you aren't afraid to hold on to those parts for possibly a 24.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackduty said:

Don't get to carried away. I've saw guys that did that for their 21 or 22 MY trucks, and 2 of them didn't get their ordered trucks, and ended up selling their aftermarket accessories pretty cheap. Unless you aren't afraid to hold on to those parts for possibly a 24.

I totally agree.  I never thought the MY22 I ordered wouldn't get built but now it is a MY23 order.  I bought a few small items that will fit the MY23 but I definitely wouldn't jump on anything pricey.

FWIW, emailed console vault yesterday asking about their availability for 2023 and they said "we're working on it" and would be available by launch.

The way this typically works is at least the major manufacturers will have spec drawings before the assembly line is rolling and can get stuff engineered. The smaller guys are able to do the same but may not be quite as on it, nor have the capabilities to develop as thoroughly without a test vehicle available.

But I'd agree with what the others have said; I wouldn't be ordering parts for a truck on order, at least until you've actually got something in production/in delivery. I cut all the over-the-counter addons from my '23 to attempt to help it get built, and figure if/when that happens there's a couple weeks at minimum in transport to order up any accessories.