2024 US Spec Ranger XLT spy shots

33 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

From the rear shot you can see the u-bolts on the axle where the spring perches would be.  I don't know of any coil spring design that would use those.

Side view becomes blurry if you zoom in enough, but to me looks like leaf springs also.  If I were buying  a Ranger today I would have preferred semi trailing arm suspension like on Lightning and E-Transit, but I suppose that would have added too much cost.  I had an old basic Ranger XLT which I liked a lot due to its compact size, but rear suspension was rough when empty.  Lower unsprung weight may have helped. 

I seems like they can go ahead and introduce the new Ranger.  Everyone has a pretty good idea what it will look like since it won’t change substantially from the ROW model.  

Was it confirmed the new model will have a sunroof?   I didn’t recall reading that anywhere.   

I haven't seen any photos of a 2024 Ranger SuperCab, or a 6' box SuperCrew. Maybe Ford is happy riding in a distant third place behind Tacoma and Colorado, and with only one body configuration (5'box) they probably wouldn't lose too much more volume, but maximize profits. Tacoma, Canyorado, and Frontier all offer both of those configurations.

About the same time Ford dropped the NA Focus, Toyota invested $170M in TMMMS to expand Corrola production. In the apparent absence of a full Ranger line, might gm (they don't capitalize their name anymore, so neither do I) pump Shreveport Assembly up? Or is Ford eventually going all in on a full line of BEV Rangers?

Edited by Chrisgb

18 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

I haven't seen any photos of a 2024 Ranger SuperCab, or a 6' box SuperCrew. Maybe Ford is happy riding in a distant third place behind Tacoma and Colorado, and with only one body configuration (5'box) they probably wouldn't lose too much more volume, but maximize profits. Tacoma, Canyorado, and Frontier all offer both of those configurations.

About the same time Ford dropped the NA Focus, Toyota invested $170M in TMMMS to expand Corrola production. In the apparent absence of a full Ranger line, might gm (they don't capitalize their name anymore, so neither do I) pump Shreveport Assembly up? Or is Ford eventually going all in on a full line of BEV Rangers?

The 6 foot bed would be a very nice option, and I think it would make the bed a lot more useful.  It does change the look of the truck and gives it a bigger overall appearance, more so than the simple fact that it is longer.  

1 hour ago, tbone said:

The 6 foot bed would be a very nice option, and I think it would make the bed a lot more useful.  It does change the look of the truck and gives it a bigger overall appearance, more so than the simple fact that it is longer.  

I would want it for functionality but I also think it would look 100 times better.  The 5’ bed just looks stumpy to me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

In the apparent absence of a full Ranger line, might gm (they don't capitalize their name anymore, so neither do I) pump Shreveport Assembly up? Or is Ford eventually going all in on a full line of BEV Rangers?

Ford should go all-in on a full line of BEV Rangers globally, and do so ASAP. The amazing success of F-150 Lightning as the "first electric pickup to appeal directly to the existing truck market" as Motor Trend said needs to be replicated with BEV versions of Ford's entire pickup truck lineup from Maverick to F-Series Super Duty while Ford still has the chance to achieve first mover advantage in each segment.

Regarding GM, you may be thinking of the Wentzville plant in Missouri. Shreveport Assembly and Stamping plant closed about a decade ago. The site has been used as a distribution center for Hyundai/Kia (Glovis subsidiary) since 2017.

636191320327039262-seth2.jpg 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, twintornados said:

I can see the next Bronco adopting that front end. By sharing more body panels, the profit margin can be maximized.

If you look at the video of production from Thailand you can see it shares the front structure (firewall and points forward) with Bronco. The various mounting brackets for fenders and grille/headlights are different but the shotgun rails and radiator support are identical. 

Edit: here’s the video

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2022 at 9:43 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

If you look at the video of production from Thailand you can see it shares the front structure (firewall and points forward) with Bronco. The various mounting brackets for fenders and grille/headlights are different but the shotgun rails and radiator support are identical. 

So looks like it will be fairly easy to do front end swaps on Bronco and new Ranger. 

24 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Bronco pickup!!! <hyperventilating>

?

It will look very weird if you just swap the front fender and hood because the front doors will not match the character lines. But I'm sure someone will figure out how to graft the outer door skin from Bronco over to Ranger as well. 

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

Everything evolves...Ford would do a huge disservice to Bronco if it let it just wither on the vine without updates to both tech AND styling.

Lack of any major styling changes doesn't seem to hinder Wrangler sales. If anything, that signature look is one of the things that has made it so popular.