2024 US Spec Ranger XLT spy shots

I dunno the Bronco has been out almost three years and there has been lots of styling changes with different fender types and special editions already. 

I don’t expect it to change radically over the course of its life time, but it will get updates to keep it fresh. Heck some aftermarket company already makes flush mounted taillights that could have been used as a MCE  ? 

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

and the phone it in solution is to copy paste Ranger?

Every design evolves....even today's Wrangler that looks quite similar to previous iterations, but they are very different. I am saying that Bronco will evolve, I just believe that it will take on Ranger styling cues as they both evolve.

8 hours ago, twintornados said:

Every design evolves....even today's Wrangler that looks quite similar to previous iterations, but they are very different. I am saying that Bronco will evolve, I just believe that it will take on Ranger styling cues as they both evolve.

Again, Bronco is a Ford 'icon'. It makes zero sense to move it to F150 styling cues. If anything, Ford will add future products to the Bronco family that share its styling, ala Bronco Sport.

That said, Ford have done some stupid things over the years, so you might end up being correct.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, twintornados said:

That makes zero sense whatsoever

The Wrangler looks like a Wrangler

The Mustang looks like a Mustang (with maybe the Mustang II, which technically doesn't count LOL and the Fox Mustangs till the early 1990s being the exception)

The Bronco will look like a Bronco-There is zero incentive to make it look like a Ranger (did that with the Bronco II) or a F-150 (1980/90s full size Bronco)

If the Bronco sells in the 150K+ a year range, it will have no issues paying for its own sheet metal stampings. Styling will be an evolution of what we currently have and no having as many sheetmetal changes encourages more aftermarket support like there is for the Wrangler.

The Bronco is in a unique situation that it really only has one other "real" competitor and big changes are frowned upon in the segment. This isn't the old midsize car segment with 8 different competitors viving for the same piece of the pie.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

...If the Bronco sells in the 150K+ a year range, it will have no issues paying for its own sheet metal stampings. Styling will be an evolution of what we currently have and no having as many sheetmetal changes encourages more aftermarket support like there is for the Wrangler.....

I imagine Ford has identified what the Bronco "DNA" is, and will keep that basic style in the years going forward.  Jeep, Mustang, etc., have all done the same thing. 

39 minutes ago, Captainp4 said:

To be fair, Bronco spent more years looking like F150 than it did looking like the early bronco.

But I do agree that in this iteration and it's current target market it makes more sense for it to remain unique and not blend with ranger.

true.  But that approach also eventually led to its demise and/or transformation into Expedition (F-150’s SUV twin became Expy).

I think we’ll see a Wrangler-esque “massaging” of the 2021 design for redesigns going forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

They looked much better.  71 boss 302 in grabber blue is my favorite.

Of course, for 71 it was Boss 351, which was its only year.  Boss 302 and 429 were 69 and 70 only. I like both the 71-73 and the Mustang II, which was a decent car for its era, contrary to popular opinion. In my opinion, the current model is too expensive, too overstyled, and maybe too capable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ehaase said:

......I like both the 71-73 and the Mustang II, which was a decent car for its era, contrary to popular opinion. In my opinion, the current model is too expensive, too overstyled, and maybe too capable.

I never warmed up to the 71-73 Bunkie Knudsen Mustang (to me, they were too big, heavy and ungainly), but you can't argue with the success of the Mustang II.  Absolutely perfect timing coming out on the heels of the first gas crisis.  Sales went from 135,000 (1973) to 386,000 (1974).  

Speaking of mustangs just saw a teenager wrap his dad’s brand new mustang around a tree on the entry road to our subdivision.  Took out the front end.  That road gets very slick but it was a straight section so he probably gunned the throttle and broke the rear end loose and spun off the road into a tree.  No injuries.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:45 AM, mackinaw said:

I imagine Ford has identified what the Bronco "DNA" is, and will keep that basic style in the years going forward.  Jeep, Mustang, etc., have all done the same thing. 

Absolutely, that’s why Bronco was developed first before Ranger and Everest.

IMG_0022.JPG

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, sullynd said:

A fixed top Bronco makes much more sense for the US. 

Yes absolutely.

Given the runaway demand for Bronco, Ford is flat strapped keeping up enough production to cover that and Ranger. At the moment, trying to make more of existing products is  a real struggle, so anything nice to have beyond that is never gonna happen territory