2024 US Spec Ranger XLT spy shots

On 12/25/2022 at 1:03 PM, jpd80 said:

I reckon it would be a sweet ride with 2.7 or 3.0 EB. Not as big as CD6 Explorer but more like Gen 1 Explorer if that helps.

At 193.4in long, 75.7in wide, and 72.5in tall, the current Everest is roughly the same size as the U251 Explorer from the mid-2000s. 
750px-2006-2010_Ford_Explorer_--_01-07-2
Of course the Everest has bigger 31in diameter tires which give it good proportions.
2023-ford-everest-titanium.jpg

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, twintornados said:

Every design evolves....even today's Wrangler that looks quite similar to previous iterations, but they are very different. I am saying that Bronco will evolve, I just believe that it will take on Ranger styling cues as they both evolve.

The next gen Ranger actually adopted some subtle (toned down) Bronco styling cues. This is noticeable on the profile of the front end, shape of the fender tops/corners and hood. 

2023 Ranger XLT vs Bronco front profile.jpg

PS: the angled fender tops/corner and hood is not purely Bronco though, since the Ranger-Bronco II had them too.
480px-1988_Ford_Ranger.jpg

Edited by AM222

On 12/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, jpd80 said:

There may be but Ford ruled out Everest for North America years ago, not even a consideration.

I think if Ford wasn't so constrained on Ranger and Bronco production in Thailand and Michigan, they probably would entertained the idea of Everest in North America.

I'm sure Ford has ran the numbers of 4Runner/Prado and understands the margin. Here is a thought... if EV Explorer becomes a mega hit and demand for ICE Explorer sinks below a certain point, perhaps it will be more profitable to import a limited number of Everest to replace the ICE Explorer vs. building it until 2035. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

I think if Ford wasn't so constrained on Ranger and Bronco production in Thailand and Michigan, they probably would entertained the idea of Everest in North America.

I'm sure Ford has ran the numbers of 4Runner/Prado and understands the margin. Here is a thought... if EV Explorer becomes a mega hit and demand for ICE Explorer sinks below a certain point, perhaps it will be more profitable to import a limited number of Everest to replace the ICE Explorer vs. building it until 2035. 

North America asked for Ranger and Bronco to be developed and paid for them, there was never a request for Everest.

My theory is that crew cab Ranger covers most of that market ( pickup + utility)and probably best to optimise around it. Edge used to be the vehicle below Explorer but with similar entry price, now Ford is pushing Explorer for more of that 2-row Edge segment, that and Bronco sales so strong……..several things happening at once. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 4:06 AM, AM222 said:

The next gen Ranger actually adopted some subtle (toned down) Bronco styling cues. This is noticeable on the profile of the front end, shape of the fender tops/corners and hood. 

2023 Ranger XLT vs Bronco front profile.jpg

PS: the angled fender tops/corner and hood is not purely Bronco though, since the Ranger-Bronco II had them too.
480px-1988_Ford_Ranger.jpg

Ummmmmm. No.  No way. Zero adoption. Not even subtle.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wildosvt said:

Ummmmmm. No.  No way. Zero adoption. Not even subtle.

You'll notice the angular profile when you see it in the metal. 

I'm referring to this shape when viewed from the side. 

2023 Ranger fender corner.JPG

Edited by AM222

26 minutes ago, AM222 said:

You'll notice the angular profile when you see it in the metal. 

I'm referring to this shape wgen viewed from the side. 

that’s a stretch.  How else is a boxy headlight design (it’s a grille shape on Bronco) supposed to interact with the quarter panel and hood for some sort of aerodynamics?

43 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

that’s a stretch.  How else is a boxy headlight design (it’s a grille shape on Bronco) supposed to interact with the quarter panel and hood for some sort of aerodynamics?

It's what i noticed the first time i saw the new Ranger and one of my favorite styling details on the pickup. I think the angled corner/fender tips and hood is more for styling than aerodynamics (like the Bronco). They could have gone the F-series route if they wanted. 

29 minutes ago, AM222 said:

It's what i noticed the first time i saw the new Ranger and one of my favorite styling details on the pickup. I think the angled corner/fender tips and hood is more for styling than aerodynamics (like the Bronco). They could have gone the F-series route if they wanted. 

I think it was supposed to be kind of a blend of both, and that’s mainly because it shares bones with Bronco so it made sense to fit in in that box. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AM222 said:

You'll notice the angular profile when you see it in the metal. 

I'm referring to this shape when viewed from the side. 

It’s a similar feature that’s been there since Gen 1 T6 Ranger, it’s a bit more obvious with the newer squarer front.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

It’s a similar feature that’s been there since Gen 1 T6 Ranger, it’s a bit more obvious with the newer squarer front.

The older Ranger T6's front was just too rounded for the angled part to be obvious. Yes,  the angled part is now prominent because of the more horizontal hood and upright headlights/grille.

Edited by AM222

2 hours ago, AM222 said:

The older Ranger T6's front was just too rounded for the angled part to be obvious. Yes,  the angled part is now prominent because of the more horizontal hood and upright headlights/grille.

If you ever see one with the headlight(s) removed it’s very obvious. The headlight blends in so well you have to look for it. 

• Like 2