Show me your tints

Joeyd9590

On 12/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, Joeyd9590 said:

I’m getting tints done on my 22 350 CCSB, Stone grey. Anyone get the tint band on the windshield? Like it/ hate it. Show me how it looks. 

thanks in advance 

I did 35% over the entire windshield, then a 5% brow that comes down a few inches below the rear view mirror mount (past AS-1 line). No regrets whatsoever. You’ll love having the brow when driving at sunrise/sunset. 

10 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I went with 50% over the entire windshield, but I actually wish I would have gone a little darker. Made a huge difference with the hot summer Florida sun. 

CE337E3E-8EB8-452C-95A3-5C97CD0CEDEC.jpeg

C1FE633F-7AFC-4342-BB26-3EB1CB45ABA0.jpeg

Just an FYI for everyone, tint below the AS1 line on a windshield (or 4 to 6" below the top depending on the State) is illegal in every state.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:22 PM, Flying68 said:

Just an FYI for everyone, tint below the AS1 line on a windshield (or 4 to 6" below the top depending on the State) is illegal in every state.

In some states it is illegal to have any tint, other than factory, on the two front side windows.  May you never say, "I didn't see it coming."

• Like 1

Curious to see some more pics of these trucks. I plan on doing 5% all the way around, 35 on the windshield with a 5% brow and maybe 35-50 on the sun roof. I want to mitigate what but not worried about privacy on the sunroof. Yes all of this is very not legal lol oh well. Secondary offense here in va. The back 3 don’t matter though. My last truck has 5% on the back 3 10 on the two front sides and no windshield. 

On 12/31/2022 at 9:22 PM, Flying68 said:

Certain states have exemptions. I have a WT license plate in Illinois that allows me to go as dark as I want on any window, including the windshield. 

Exemptions aside, police are rarely looking to write tickets for window tint alone. It’s usually an F-U ticket issued after you do something else to draw unwanted attention, such as speeding or weaving. 

• Like 1

Here in NY, extra tinting is illegal. It’ll get you a ticket in a day here.

Honestly, it’s a good law. Not because they want to see in, but because NY is a northern state and we can’t see out. It gets dark, wet, foggy, and it’s hard to see as it is during winter months.

I tinted the windows on my first two SDs, but I had to roll the window down to see in wet/dark conditions. I just do the windshield brow now. 
But there are exemptions. Funeral homes for one, and of course cops can do whatever they want with their vehicles.. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sd350 said:

What is a WT plate? In MA you can tint the front windows you just can't go above a certain % of tint & no tint below the AS1 line

Illinois plates beginning with WT in black letters stand for window tint exempt. You’re not subject to any window tint laws, state or local. The plates require an application filled out by your doctor and approved by the Secretary of State. New paperwork needs to be submitted every four years to verify the tint is still required.