Maverick Tremor Embargo Lifted Today

Motor Trend

TFL Offroad

The reviews I've read so far, fall in line with what I expected. A very competent soft road pick up for moderately tricky terrain. Not a rock crawler. It's main drawback will be departure angle on aggressive terrain but that is to be expected for the most part since it has a bed.

Based on what I had read about it previously, it seemed like it would be the Maverick model to suit my needs. I ordered a Lariat Tremor with a few options for 36k. Based on what I've seen and read today, am glad I ordered it. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A friend of mine has had 2 on order (his and hers) since the order book opened. Let’s see how long it takes for him to get 1 of them, let alone both. 

Hopefully it’s not more than a year like my Raptor that was ordered in October 2021, waited for allocation, started production 8/16/22, “Built” 12/11/22, and now continue to wait. Thankfully I wasn’t in a rush!

I can't like the nose.  I hate the current trend of overly-busy front ends on trucks...they'll always look like contrived hipster "faux macho" crap to me.  Yes, I prefer the bull nose, or even the mid-00's simpler front ends.  I have a former police 2008 Expedition, and it's got a handsome, uncluttered face compared to that mess.

I just don't get the need to mess up a vehicle whose entire marketable lineage is about utility, work, dependability....

13 hours ago, tbone said:

Isn’t that basically the Bronco Sport? 

Not necessarily,

especially if the planned utility had shared Maverick’s longer wheelbase.

I think that was a definite possibility to save money / engineering development.

Reality is that,

I see why Ford just chose to do just the pickup but notice how Ford seems to be

continually shocked when products like this  are received way better than expected.

Things may have been different has Hermosillo and Cuautitlan both been C2 plants

and Ford not cancelled the third plant at San Louis Pitosi.

Water under the bridge….

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:08 PM, jpd80 said:

Makes me wonder if Ford could have pulled off the Maverick utility as well, we’re they unduly pessimistic?

as pointed out, that’s a bit more complicated by the also boxy Bronco Sport.   But, if done different - perhaps larger like you said, or less expensive (within BS given a more premium position), maybe it’d have worked?

20 hours ago, ZanatWork said:

I can't like the nose.  I hate the current trend of overly-busy front ends on trucks...they'll always look like contrived hipster "faux macho" crap to me.  Yes, I prefer the bull nose, or even the mid-00's simpler front ends.  I have a former police 2008 Expedition, and it's got a handsome, uncluttered face compared to that mess.

I just don't get the need to mess up a vehicle whose entire marketable lineage is about utility, work, dependability....

Huh?   Maverick’s entire design is quite understated and plain.

Box headlights, box grille, boxy lower fascia.   Not sure how much simpler you can get?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Huh?   Maverick’s entire design is quite understated and plain.

Box headlights, box grille, boxy lower fascia.   Not sure how much simpler you can get?

I think he is talking about the chrome grill nostrils on the headlights. I’m not a huge fan of them of myself. 

The tremor and black appearance packages make a big difference 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

as pointed out, that’s a bit more complicated by the also boxy Bronco Sport.   But, if done different - perhaps larger like you said, or less expensive (within BS given a more premium position), maybe it’d have worked?

Maybe I’m a contrarian but I see much wider global potential for Maverick pickup and Utility,

an affordable C2 design that yields a different flavour that possibly wrong foots the competition 

Maverick is a hit because it breaks a few rules LWB, compact pickup, a LWB “station wagon” too?

Ford has some hidden treasures that could be minor victories with the right push and styling….

Yes there’s Bronco Sport and Ford clearly went all in with it and T6 Bronco, I thought that might

hurt Escape but Ford changed it view to commodity, so what would the Maverick pickup be with

those 86,000 orders…..I’m prattling, Ford can’t build enough of the vehicles it has, imagine what

an unrestricted Ford would look like……USA chip plant and local battery industry are critical.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm partial to the 1980 F-150 grill

1980 Ford F150 for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1148422

That is not a 1980 grille....in 1980, there was no Blue Oval in the center and instead, FORD was in chrome letters across the front of the hood. But, in fairness...I get your point.

image.png.34d1e2c5173ebe49513f7d4b18d0a159.png

Edited by twintornados

4 hours ago, twintornados said:

That is not a 1980 grille....in 1980, there was no Blue Oval in the center and instead, FORD was in chrome letters across the front of the hood. But, in fairness...I get your point.

image.png.34d1e2c5173ebe49513f7d4b18d0a159.png

that is what I get for using Google image search ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1