Silliest Ford Dealership

So much to my surprise my local Ford dealership subbenly moved after something like 65+ years in the same location.  Their old facility was quite large, comprising of multiple buildings including an old main building and show room that dated to 1927 (ironically originally a Chevy dealership).  They had a complete body shop, a separate service garage built to accommodate large trucks, and a large parts building.  They moved a few blocks away to a relatively new building built a few years ago as a Mini dealership.  Guess Mini isn't doing too well any more.  Anyway the new facility is a single multi-story building with ramps to service, the showroom, and to some new vehicle parking.  It's all very clever.  That is, if you are selling Mini's.  I hope they can make this work, but it looks like trucks are out unless they open another facility somewhere.  The goofiest part of the whole deal is the classic 1960-something Mini hanging from the ceiling in the show room.  Might want to get rid of that....

I have a suspicion that the dealership is aiming to be a FordE dealer, which if true would make the move a lot more logical.      

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

So much to my surprise my local Ford dealership subbenly moved after something like 65+ years in the same location.  Their old facility was quite large, comprising of multiple buildings including an old main building and show room that dated to 1927 (ironically originally a Chevy dealership).  They had a complete body shop, a separate service garage built to accommodate large trucks, and a large parts building.  They moved a few blocks away to a relatively new building built a few years ago as a Mini dealership.  Guess Mini isn't doing too well any more.  Anyway the new facility is a single multi-story building with ramps to service, the showroom, and to some new vehicle parking.  It's all very clever.  That is, if you are selling Mini's.  I hope they can make this work, but it looks like trucks are out unless they open another facility somewhere.  The goofiest part of the whole deal is the classic 1960-something Mini hanging from the ceiling in the show room.  Might want to get rid of that....

I have a suspicion that the dealership is aiming to be a FordE dealer, which if true would make the move a lot more logical.      

Hmnn.. assuming they owned the other site, might they be raising some cash to cover whatever the cost is to be an E dealer??..By the way still a single store operation?  Same family?  If so a vanishing breed.

8 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

stupid is as stupid does

3 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

Recently changed hands, new owner has other dealerships but I don't think he is that big.  Old site is up for lease, but looks ripe for redevelopment. 

There's an ex-Chebbie dealership not far from my office. The city tried turning it into a business park, but so far it has only been used as a display location for a few Fendt tractors (I think--they're green, but not that super-expensive shade known as John Deere green) and as a parking lot for the drivers and the fleet of blue vans that serve the nearby Amazon distribution center. 

My Ford dealership got sold to an out-of-state group, and it looks like they're trying their damnedest to completely screw the pooch. They changed the name that had been on the dealership since the 1950s, they got rid of everybody who made it a great dealership, and the new people don't seem to give two shits about their once-loyal customers. My mom bought a set of tires there because she was supposed to get Ford points that would pay for her next oil change, but when she went for the oil change, not only had they not done whatever was necessary to get the points credited to her account, they charged her $180 for the oil change. 

To hell with people like that. Slimy SOBs like that were why I quit doing business with all the Ford dealerships in the OKC area except for that one. Looks like they're out, now, too.

• Sad 3

Not sure where you live, but if you have a Ford dealership and you can't handle trucks (at least anything F150 or larger) you won't be in business that long. I'm sure the new facility is a lot cheaper to operate then the old one was. Do they have enough room there to add on to be able to handle larger vehicles? Maybe that's the plan.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:23 AM, SoonerLS said:

There's an ex-Chebbie dealership not far from my office. The city tried turning it into a business park, but so far it has only been used as a display location for a few Fendt tractors (I think--they're green, but not that super-expensive shade known as John Deere green) and as a parking lot for the drivers and the fleet of blue vans that serve the nearby Amazon distribution center. 

My Ford dealership got sold to an out-of-state group, and it looks like they're trying their damnedest to completely screw the pooch. They changed the name that had been on the dealership since the 1950s, they got rid of everybody who made it a great dealership, and the new people don't seem to give two shits about their once-loyal customers. My mom bought a set of tires there because she was supposed to get Ford points that would pay for her next oil change, but when she went for the oil change, not only had they not done whatever was necessary to get the points credited to her account, they charged her $180 for the oil change. 

To hell with people like that. Slimy SOBs like that were why I quit doing business with all the Ford dealerships in the OKC area except for that one. Looks like they're out, now, too.

Cavender?