Ford 2022 End of Year Sales Totals

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Maverick es esa alternativa disruptiva en el segmento de los compactos dominado por un mar de utilitarios compactos, rompe con la monotonía y es por eso que tantos se subieron a él. 

Una vez más, Ford no contó con el éxito de los híbridos y solo ordenó el mínimo y ahora no puede aumentar hasta que construya las plantas JV.

third shift for Hermosillo,

https://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/hermosillo/696957/abriran-en-julio-un-tercer-turno-en-planta-ford-hermosillo.html#gsc.tab=0

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

you have no idea how much this infuriates me

You'll probably be more angry at some future announcements, though should be somewhat happy come fall and some of the announcements then.

In the end Ford still manufactures more vehicles in the U.S. than any other manufacture. Some of this production is to get more Mavericks and Bronco Sports for World Wide consumption where there is tremendous demand. Mexico trade agreements make it a much better location for exports than the US from both a tariff and labor cost perspective.

34 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

You'll probably be more angry at some future announcements, though should be somewhat happy come fall and some of the announcements then.

In the end Ford still manufactures more vehicles in the U.S. than any other manufacture. Some of this production is to get more Mavericks and Bronco Sports for World Wide consumption where there is tremendous demand. Mexico trade agreements make it a much better location for exports than the US from both a tariff and labor cost perspective.

You speak as if you know something I don’t ?

It infuriates me because we build something just as hot, if not hotter and yet my hours got severely cut with zero overtime. I’ll be lucky if I see a 40 hour check again for the remaining amount of time I have left in production. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Sorry, I just want the damn truck I've been waiting for for 2 years. This increases my chance of getting it built. 

You're not the target of my ire 

Not to be a dick here, but there’s very early reservation Bronco reservation holders dating back to 2019 that still haven’t gotten their trucks yet. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not to be a dick here, but there’s very early reservation Bronco reservation holders dating back to 2019 that still haven’t gotten their trucks yet. 

Yet dealers seem to have plenty for retail sale. That's not right. 

1 hour ago, LSchicago said:

Yet dealers seem to have plenty for retail sale. That's not right. 

It’s not right for customers, but it’s great for dealers.  Remember initially they were going to build orders by reservation number with no regard to dealer or allocation.  But the dealers whined like crazy and they went back to a more traditional allocation formula.  

Ford needs dealers and they can’t just tell them to F off on things like allocations if it adversely affects their revenue.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ford needs dealers and they can’t just tell them to F off on things like allocations if it adversely affects their revenue.

Ford may need dealers, but in the U.S. market, that's due to regulations that make direct to consumer sales difficult or impossible. The franchised dealership model is broken beyond repair and doesn't serve automakers, customers, or even the dealers themselves well.

The allocation BS is one of many examples of just how messed up things are.

9 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Ford may need dealers, but in the U.S. market, that's due to regulations that make direct to consumer sales difficult or impossible. The franchised dealership model is broken beyond repair and doesn't serve automakers, customers, or even the dealers themselves well.

The allocation BS is one of many examples of just how messed up things are.

No it’s due to what’s required to deliver and service 2M vehicles annually in every state, city and community.  It’s a reality that you conveniently overlook.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s not right for customers, but it’s great for dealers.  Remember initially they were going to build orders by reservation number with no regard to dealer or allocation.  But the dealers whined like crazy and they went back to a more traditional allocation formula.  

Looks like Ford are willing to tell Bronco order holders to "F off" if they will whore themselves out for $2500: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/ford-is-paying-bronco-buyers-to-change-their-minds

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Looks like Ford are willing to tell Bronco order holders to "F off" if they will whore themselves out for $2500: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/ford-is-paying-bronco-buyers-to-change-their-minds

How is paying customers to get a different model whoring themselves out? It’s a freaking car….one trim is adversely affected by this, so pick another or get another product if your that set on getting a wildtrak 

The other issue is if people keep waiting they’ll lose their price protection next year, which will most like be more then the $2500 they could get from ford and changing their order. 

40 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

The franchised dealership model is not a requirement for that.

It is until they change the state franchise laws.  But more importantly neither Ford or any other established volume mfr can afford to spend the kind of money it would take to replicate delivery and service centers to support that kind of volume and coverage.  You’re talking tens of billions of dollars in capital and a huge recurring expense to replicate something that already exists.

They just need to fix the franchise laws and allow the mfrs more control like every other industry.

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You speak as if you know something I don’t ?

It infuriates me because we build something just as hot, if not hotter and yet my hours got severely cut with zero overtime. I’ll be lucky if I see a 40 hour check again for the remaining amount of time I have left in production. 

I feel your pain man but at least you haven’t been down 45 soon to be 46 down weeks since 2020 at OAC when we’re down yet again  jan 30th. I thought MAP was bursting with OT and work opportunities super sundays etc etc. I’m shocked anyone there is getting OT reduced!

On 1/16/2023 at 1:01 PM, rmc523 said:

Let’s hope Ford’s parts shortage issues are behind them, or at least minimized so numbers can go back to “normal.”

it was good to see Lincoln at least level (within ~300 units) with last year if you don’t account for last years leftover sedan sales.   But they’re still down quite a bit without sedan sales.  The SUV sales haven’t fully made up for that volume, though a bounce back of part availability may help some.   But, with new product still seemingly a couple years out (if we don’t get the Chinese Nautilus), that’s not a great place to be numbers wise.

Keep the CHINESE Nautilus in China!

38 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I feel your pain man but at least you haven’t been down 45 soon to be 46 down weeks since 2020 at OAC when we’re down yet again  jan 30th. I thought MAP was bursting with OT and work opportunities super sundays etc etc. I’m shocked anyone there is getting OT reduced!

We only worked 4 Saturdays last year. They would schedule them on Monday then cancel them usually before lunch the same day. 

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Absolutely disgusting that 2019 orders haven’t been fulfilled.

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

We only worked 4 Saturdays last year. They would schedule them on Monday then cancel them usually before lunch the same day. 

They can’t fill orders yet only 4 Saturdays??? Which shouldn’t be mandatory I hope. I hate when they canvass for OT then cancel Bigtime piss off.

31 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

They can’t fill orders yet only 4 Saturdays??? Which shouldn’t be mandatory I hope. I hate when they canvass for OT then cancel Bigtime piss off.

Nope, those were mandatory. The only volunteer weekend work is either in PDI (which doesn’t apply to me) or trades. Can’t get enough parts to run and I’m growing more convinced the new Ranger is going to have the same problem. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nope, those were mandatory. The only volunteer weekend work is either in PDI (which doesn’t apply to me) or trades. Can’t get enough parts to run and I’m growing more convinced the new Ranger is going to have the same problem. 

I wouldn’t doubt it with all these supply chain issues that the  Ranger launch could be a mess.  I thought you being in body which usually means not being able to keep up to the main plant would mean more OT. Guess not.

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

I wouldn’t doubt it with all these supply chain issues that the  Ranger launch could be a mess.  I thought you being in body which usually means not being able to keep up to the main plant would mean more OT. Guess not.

I’ve been told that we have the most productive body shop in the company. We can outpace final at times. 

3 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Keep the CHINESE Nautilus in China!

while I’m a vacuum, I don’t disagree, I’m looking at the health of the brand as-is with the existing lineup, and see the brand having issues if they don’t at least have a stop-gap product in the 2 row segment until the BEVs arrive.

• Like 2