2023 Ford Escapes and Lincoln Corsairs in Production?

7 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

The last I read, production of the 2023 Ford Escapes and Lincoln Corsairs was supposed to start in mid-December 2022.  Does anyone know (and can anyone confirm) that production of the 2023 versions of those vehicles has, indeed, begun?   Thank you in advance.

Only ran 500 so far that was right after Xmas brk.  We where supposed run 300 per shift this week but been getting robo calls daily.   Thinking software and other issues. 

2 hours ago, Shanej830 said:

Only ran 500 so far that was right after Xmas brk.  We where supposed run 300 per shift this week but been getting robo calls daily.   Thinking software and other issues. 

Robo calls?  While I understand the term "robo calls" in the context of everyday life (callers wanting to sell you an extended warranty on your car or wanting you to sign up for a Medicare Part D plan, for just two examples), I don't grasp what that means in the context of an automobile production/assembly line.

I appreciate your info about production numbers, but the rest of your message has piqued my curiosity.  When you have a moment to do so, would you elaborate, please?  Thank you.

6 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

Robo calls?  While I understand the term "robo calls" in the context of everyday life (callers wanting to sell you an extended warranty on your car or wanting you to sign up for a Medicare Part D plan, for just two examples), I don't grasp what that means in the context of an automobile production/assembly line.

I appreciate your info about production numbers, but the rest of your message has piqued my curiosity.  When you have a moment to do so, would you elaborate, please?  Thank you.

Robo calls from the plant telling them not to come in that day.

• Like 2

Ordered a 2023 Corsair last September. Production was scheduled for this week (week of Jan. 9); now delayed by two weeks until week of Jan. 23. FWIW, here's timeline so far:

21-Sep-2022:  Order placed at local Lincoln dealership

21-Sep-2022:  Order confirmation email received from Lincoln

17-Nov-2022:  Scheduled for production week of 09-Jan-2023

17-Nov-2022:  VIN assigned:  5LMCJ2DA1PULxxxxx

21-Nov-2022:  Priority Code changed from 19 to 02 by Lincoln

21-Nov-2022:  Subwoofer delete confirmed; $250 price reduction

10-Jan-2023:  Production delayed until week of 23-Jan-2023

• Like 1

I placed an order yesterday afternoon (10 Jan 23) for a 2023 Escape PHEV and, later that same afternoon, received an "Order Confirmed" email from Ford.  Yaay.

My salesman had no idea if Ford had started production of the '23 Escapes and Corsairs (I asked; he didn't know).  

I am grateful to everyone who replied with information on this. Good luck to all (including me!) who have placed orders and are waiting for their vehicles to be built and then arrive at their dealerships!

Edited by 1984Poke

1 hour ago, Exit32 said:

Ordered a 2023 Corsair last September. Production was scheduled for this week (week of Jan. 9); now delayed by two weeks until week of Jan. 23. FWIW, here's timeline so far:

21-Sep-2022:  Order placed at local Lincoln dealership

21-Sep-2022:  Order confirmation email received from Lincoln

17-Nov-2022:  Scheduled for production week of 09-Jan-2023

17-Nov-2022:  VIN assigned:  5LMCJ2DA1PULxxxxx

21-Nov-2022:  Priority Code changed from 19 to 02 by Lincoln

21-Nov-2022:  Subwoofer delete confirmed; $250 price reduction

10-Jan-2023:  Production delayed until week of 23-Jan-2023

Good luck to you, Exit32, and thanks for the story of your order saga.  I hope your Corsair arrives soon and that you love it!

3 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

I placed an order yesterday afternoon (10 Jan 23) for a 2023 Escape PHEV and, later that same afternoon, received an "Order Confirmed" email from Ford.  Yaay.

My salesman had no idea if Ford had started production of the '23 Escapes and Corsairs (I asked; he didn't know).  

I am grateful to everyone who replied with information on this. Good luck to all (including me!) who have placed orders and are waiting for their vehicles to be built and then arrive at their dealerships!

I placed my order for PHEV in Canada in October and have yet to receive any information. How does that work?

My salesman told me he would place the order that day (yesterday, 10 January 2023) and he made sure he had a good email address for me.  He also said I should get an email from Ford later that same day, confirming that Ford had received my order (I did get such an email).

If you didn't get such an email, I would recommend contacting your salesperson to inquire and request a status update.  (I don't know how things work for orders placed in Canada.  Sorry.)  Good luck to you!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chodaddy15 said:

I placed my order for PHEV in Canada in October and have yet to receive any information. How does that work?

Not aware of any Canadians receiving order confirmation from the manufacturer.  Don't believe Ford Canada does order confirmation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

Still receiving robo text ( message from labor not to report to work)  say it b next week before any production will occur.   A lot of programming issues going on so waiting for the ok from Detroit to start production.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you look at the 2023 escape inventory on the ford site  which says on order  the stickers are now showing up. if you look at the stickers it looks like they started building right after new years based upon the date on the sticker.

Edited by Escape17
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 12:20 AM, 1984Poke said:

how  many escapes do you usually build in 1 day?

On 1/11/2023 at 6:45 PM, Escape17 said:

If you look at the 2023 escape inventory on the ford site  which says on order  the stickers are now showing up. if you look at the stickers it looks like they started building right after new years based upon the date on the sticker.

Out of curiosity, I used the Ford web site to do an inventory search for 2023 Escapes at dealerships within 100 miles of my location and found only five, some of which were dealer orders that had not yet arrived at the dealerships.

I looked at the window stickers of all five.  As I recall, two of them had dates on the window stickers of 12 December 2022.  I think the other three had dates of 9 January 2023 or 10 January 2023, thus I presume those dates mean that Ford is manufacturing Escapes this week, yes??

Separate but related question:  I believe I've read somewhere on this board that it typically takes a couple days, from start to finish, to manufacture a vehicle.  Is that true?  Or did I dream that?  ?

If it does take a couple days to manufacture a vehicle, does the window sticker date indicate when that vehicle was started, or does it indicate when it was finished/completed?  Thanks.

Edited by 1984Poke

1 hour ago, 1984Poke said:

Out of curiosity, I used the Ford web site to do an inventory search for 2023 Escapes at dealerships within 100 miles of my location and found only five, some of which were dealer orders that had not yet arrived at the dealerships.

I looked at the window stickers of all five.  As I recall, two of them had dates on the window stickers of 12 December 2022.  I think the other three had dates of 9 January 2023 or 10 January 2023, thus I presume those dates mean that Ford is manufacturing Escapes this week, yes??

Separate but related question:  I believe I've read somewhere on this board that it typically takes a couple days, from start to finish, to manufacture a vehicle.  Is that true?  Or did I dream that?  ?

If it does take a couple days to manufacture a vehicle, does the window sticker date indicate when that vehicle was started, or does it indicate when it was finished/completed?  Thanks.

The date on the window sticker is usually the day the order is sent to the plant for production. Not sure about the Escape, but on Super Dutys the truck is completed about 7 to 9 days after being sent to the plant.

• Like 1

So...just to be clear (as I am definitely not an industry insider and don't pretend to know how all this stuff works):  The date that shows on a vehicle's window sticker is not necessarily an indicator of the date said vehicle was manufactured, correct?

Indeed, if it's true that that date is really just the day the order was sent to the plant, and if it's also true that plant employees may get a string of robo calls/texts telling them not to come in (due to supply chain issues?), then there's no guarantee said vehicle was produced even in the next few/several days after that date, correct?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want to understand.  Thanks.