2023 Ford Escapes and Lincoln Corsairs in Production?

5 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

So...just to be clear (as I am definitely not an industry insider and don't pretend to know how all this stuff works):  The date that shows on a vehicle's window sticker is not necessarily an indicator of the date said vehicle was manufactured, correct

It might be the day its started, but for example, my Bronco was started 5/9 and wasn't done till 5/13

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I’m not really sure but let’s assume it is - what difference does it make?

It doesn't really make a difference.  I just like knowing/understanding things.

Chalk it up to intellectual curiosity.  I've been blessed (or cursed) with it all my life.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2023 at 10:37 PM, Rangers09 said:

The date on the window sticker is usually the day the order is sent to the plant for production. Not sure about the Escape, but on Super Dutys the truck is completed about 7 to 9 days after being sent to the plant.

The date at the top of the sticker  is the manufacture date  its listed as 120230111 for example it says blend date under it. (starts with a 1)

a trick to see when they start shipping is to search for dealer inventory for dealers near the escape plant since they will get theirs first.

Edited by Escape17
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Escape17 said:

The date at the top of the sticker  is the manufacture date  its listed as 120230111 for example it says blend date under it. (starts with a 1)

a trick to see when they start shipping is to search for dealer inventory for dealers near the escape plant since they will get theirs first.

Affirmative, if it includes a blend date that is the anticipated assembly date, whereas the date below the MSRP box is the date it was sent to the plant. I forgot about including the blend date on the Escape WS, as laterally, I've been looking at Super Dutys, which don't include a blend date. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 1:41 PM, Escape17 said:

Escape17, I have looked and looked at the original window stickers for our current two vehicles (2019 MKZ-h and 2022 Bronco Sport) and cannot locate any dates liked you described at the tops of those stickers.  The only dates I see are near the VINs.  Any ideas?

8 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

Escape17, I have looked and looked at the original window stickers for our current two vehicles (2019 MKZ-h and 2022 Bronco Sport) and cannot locate any dates liked you described at the tops of those stickers.  The only dates I see are near the VINs.  Any ideas?

Some plants' window stickers have the BLEND date at the top of the window sticker. Some don't.  It just depends.  A Louisville-built Escape will have it while Hermosillo-built Mavericks and Bronco Sports won't, for instance.

At the top middle of the window sticker would be a section like the following. Note the blend date of August 1, 2022, on this one.

image.png.ad851b47bfb7837832dd23b2dbd36d7f.png

• Like 1

We just got our production date today 13 March 2023! We ordered ours the first day it was available. I do not see the Hands free liftgate, but it was part of our original order. Will we get a rebate or something since it is not what we ordered? We did not get contacted for any changes or anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, armyb77 said:

We just got our production date today 13 March 2023! We ordered ours the first day it was available. I do not see the Hands free liftgate, but it was part of our original order. Will we get a rebate or something since it is not what we ordered? We did not get contacted for any changes or anything.

What did you order, an Escape or a Corsair?  In either case, congratulations on getting a production date.

Others on here, people who are industry insiders, are likely to give you a more-informed answer than I can but, based on what I've read here, if a feature is deleted from your order by the assembly plant, that deletion will be noted on your window sticker and some kind of price reduction will reflect that deletion.

I've heard that the hands-free lift gate has been a casualty of the shortage of computer chips for others, but I hope not for you.

For your sake (as well as mine, as I ordered a 2023 Escape PHEV just last week), I hope there won't be any deletions!  Good luck.

Edited by 1984Poke

I got my scheduling email today

Week of March 20th

Vin A311**

Ordered December 28

ST Elite Hybrid

Vapor blue

Block heater

Panoramic roof

Floor liners

19" Ebony painted Alum wheels

Premium Technology Package

45,005 MSRP

Dealer is discounting about 1500 because i am a 20 year customer

I was shocked i was scheduled so fast with a Hybrid

My dealer must have a good allocation'

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, j2sys said:

That is interesting,  I have only ever ordered escapes. I just thought all the stickers were the same. Guess not!!

Some plants' window stickers have the BLEND date at the top of the window sticker. Some don't.  It just depends.  A Louisville-built Escape will have it while Hermosillo-built Mavericks and Bronco Sports won't, for instance.

At the top middle of the window sticker would be a section like the following. Note the blend date of August 1, 2022, on this one.

image.png.ad851b47bfb7837832dd23b2dbd36d7f.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, escape20 said:

I got my scheduling email today

Week of March 20th

Vin A311**

Ordered December 28

ST Elite Hybrid

Vapor blue

Block heater

Panoramic roof

Floor liners

19" Ebony painted Alum wheels

Premium Technology Package

45,005 MSRP

Dealer is discounting about 1500 because i am a 20 year customer

I was shocked i was scheduled so fast with a Hybrid

My dealer must have a good allocation'

Congratulations on the notification email on your Escape's upcoming manufacture scheduling.

I ordered an Escape on 10 January 2023, which is not very long after you placed your order in late December.  I hope I'll hear something in a couple weeks on an expected timeframe for mine to be built, too (although I'm not holding my breath; I doubt I'll benefit from the type of good scheduling allocation you're expecting from your dealer).

Still, congratulations!

• Like 1

Yet another delay for the 2023 Corsair Reserve ordered for my wife last September. FWIW, here's a summary of what's happened so far:

21-Sep-2022:  Order placed at local Lincoln dealership

21-Sep-2022:  Order confirmation received from Lincoln

17-Nov-2022:  Scheduled for production week of 09-Jan-2023

17-Nov-2022:  VIN assigned:  5LMCJ2DA1PULxxxxx

21-Nov-2022:  Priority Code changed from 19 to 02 by Lincoln

21-Nov-2022:  Subwoofer delete confirmed; $250 price reduction

10-Jan-2023:  Production delayed until week of 23-Jan-2023

17-Jan-2023:  Production delayed (again) until week of 06-Feb-2023

E-mail updates from Lincoln Motor Company never say why these delays are happening, but at least we know they're paying attention.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

What did you order, an Escape or a Corsair?  In either case, congratulations on getting a production date.

Others on here, people who are industry insiders, are likely to give you a more-informed answer than I can but, based on what I've read here, if a feature is deleted from your order by the assembly plant, that deletion will be noted on your window sticker and some kind of price reduction will reflect that deletion.

I've heard that the hands-free lift gate has been a casualty of the shortage of computer chips for others, but I hope not for you.

For your sake (as well as mine, as I ordered a 2023 Escape PHEV just last week), I hope there won't be any deletions!  Good luck.

I ordered the 2023 Escape PHEV

Order date:  09/21/2022

• 700A
  • ST-Line Select 2.0L Technology Package 2 Discount
  • Memory Package: Driver's Seat and Driver/Front Passenger Sideview Mirrors
  • Active 1.5L Technology Package 2 Discount
  • PHEV Premium Package
  • Tech Pack #2

At the time I ordered mine, it was part of the Tech Pack #2. So since it was listed in the system at that time, I hope I will still get it...lol

• Like 1

I have 23 escape active on order. Blend date was 01/09. I think around same date it went into “ in production” status. Today, more than 2 weeks after blend date, it is still showing in production. Is it normal for a car to be that long in “in production” status?

Yet another production delay for my wife's 2023 Corsair Reserve. For the record, here's the timeline thus far:

25-Jan-2023:  Production delayed (again) until week of 13-Feb-2023

Searching online, I can't find an in-stock 2023 Corsair anywhere. I don't think they exist yet.

3 hours ago, Exit32 said:

Yet another production delay for my wife's 2023 Corsair Reserve. For the record, here's the timeline thus far:

25-Jan-2023:  Production delayed (again) until week of 13-Feb-2023

Searching online, I can't find an in-stock 2023 Corsair anywhere. I don't think they exist yet.

I saw something on Facebook yesterday or the day before that purported to be a type of "welcome back" notification, dated 19 January 2023, from the manager of the assembly plant in Louisville KY.  It indicated the plant would start production of '23 Escapes and Corsairs very soon and expressed his hopes the plant would produce high quality vehicles for Ford's and Lincoln's customers.

Presuming that was legitimate, it seems to indicate that '23 Escapes and Corsairs should start rolling out the factory doors any day now.  I hope so.

Edited by 1984Poke

9 hours ago, Jake sommers said:

4 months of delay ! that's a lot

Although the order bank opened in September, the model year switch wasn't scheduled until 12th December and the factory would also have a couple weeks downtime over Christmas & New Year. Therefore, those of us that ordered in September knew the earliest they would start to build them was mid December, although I note it was initially scheduled for late November.

In these days of huge order banks and material delays, 4-months is hardly a long delay. My F-450 was 9-months and I was one of the lucky ones that got it in less than a year. Our neighbours ordered a Bronco in January 2022, so they are over 1-year and it has only just gone into production. My dealer also has 2 - 2022 Escapes with green WS that were built in July & August and still haven't arrived yet, as they awaited parts. 

When we ordered the Escape PHEV for DW, we figured if it arrived by August/September we would be doing well. Since it was scheduled 2-weeks ago for a build week in early March, we consider it very fortunate we could receive it this quickly.

29 minutes ago, Exit32 said:

You are correct, 1984Poke. The plant manager of Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant issued a welcome-back announcement on January 19th:

Welcome Back! (ford.com)

This suggests they haven't built any 2023 Escapes or Corsairs yet.

Since they weren't scheduled to start 2023's until 12th December and they had a Christmas shut down, they have lost a little over 3 weeks of production.

19 hours ago, Exit32 said:

You are correct, 1984Poke. The plant manager of Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant issued a welcome-back announcement on January 19th:

Welcome Back! (ford.com)

This suggests they haven't built any 2023 Escapes or Corsairs yet.

Yes went back 19th we ran 250 to 300 that week.  The following week did the same until Wed.  Short shift Wed and Thurs and no production fri. The VP came to the plant and stop production due vendor issues with quality of parts we have received.   Gave the vendor this present weekend to solve the issues  we are having for the units to pass pre-roll.  As for this coming week I haven't received any information at this time for production to be delayed yet again.  

The linc in the new red color and black out package will knock your eyes out. Very sharp and st line escape major improvement.  They are very sharp as well with the 20inch wheels, inside and out. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Shanej830 said:

Yes went back 19th we ran 250 to 300 that week.  The following week did the same until Wed.  Short shift Wed and Thurs and no production fri. The VP came to the plant and stop production due vendor issues with quality of parts we have received.   Gave the vendor this present weekend to solve the issues  we are having for the units to pass pre-roll.  As for this coming week I haven't received any information at this time for production to be delayed yet again.  

The linc in the new red color and black out package will knock your eyes out. Very sharp and st line escape major improvement.  They are very sharp as well with the 20inch wheels, inside and out. 

Thanks for the info, Shanej830.  I hope production can resume soon!

5 hours ago, Shanej830 said:

Thanks for the update. hopefully things run smoothly this week. The new red color is interesting. I wish I could see it in person. It almost looks like a dark purple. I went with whisper blue, but the red is still giving me some lingering doubts. 

9 hours ago, Shanej830 said:

how many escapes are normally built in a day? Im curious