More than one third of Lincoln's dealerships say "no thanks" to brand's electric future

The only two electric Lincolns that Ford has planned for North America ate “Navigator” and “Aviator”, no Nautilus or Corsair. So Lincoln dealers are being asked to spend a million bucks to gear up for two utilities, so no wonder joint Ford/Lincoln dealerships are salivating at the idea…

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The only two electric Lincolns that Ford has planned for North America ate “Navigator” and “Aviator”, no Nautilus or Corsair. So Lincoln dealers are being asked to spend a million bucks to gear up for two utilities, so no wonder joint Ford/Lincoln dealerships are salivating at the idea…

Plug in hybrid Corsair is already on the ground and will benefit from this program

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:55 PM, jpd80 said:

Perhaps so, although isn't it Lincoln's intention to electrify (eventually) all its future vehicles--the one being teased in TV commercials lately as well as other new Lincoln vehicles that, presumably, are coming for the North American market?

If your point is that Lincoln is taking its sweet time (that is, taking too long) to get more electric vehicles in showrooms, I would agree with you about the understandable reluctance of Lincoln dealers to shell out large bucks in the near term to meet Lincoln Motor Company's requirement.

Edited by 1984Poke
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1984Poke said:

Perhaps so, although isn't it Lincoln's intention to electrify (eventually) all its future vehicles--the one being teased in TV commercials lately as well as other new Lincolns vehicles that, presumably, are coming for the North American market?

If your point is that Lincoln is taking its sweet time (that is, taking too long) to get more electric vehicles in showrooms, I would agree with you about the understandable reluctance of Lincoln dealers to shell out large bucks in the near term to meet Lincoln Motor Company's requirement.

Absolutely and could you imagine the feedback from Lincoln dealers when Farley says something like we’ll eventually get to you guys….but first, we need a million bucks of upgrades from all of you…

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

Lincoln has show two concept vehicles last year: Star and L100

Star is a preview of production 2025 EV CUV which could slot in between Aviator and Corsair. The few articles I've read suggested it is basically Lincoln version of gen 2 Mach E so that could be the Nautilus replacement.

L100 is a sedan but it's hard to imagine Lincoln trying to do another Continental. But it does suggest that they have more products planned for Lincoln than what they are willing to tell us. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Lincoln has show two concept vehicles last year: Star and L100

Star is a preview of production 2025 EV CUV which could slot in between Aviator and Corsair. The few articles I've read suggested it is basically Lincoln version of gen 2 Mach E so that could be the Nautilus replacement.

L100 is a sedan but it's hard to imagine Lincoln trying to do another Continental. But it does suggest that they have more products planned for Lincoln than what they are willing to tell us. 

Neither of those two were near production ready models, that’s just Lincoln presenting styling concepts

when it has nothing else to show. If Ford and Lincoln have plans in the works for GE2 or modified GE Mach E,

they still have years in front of them for development. I’m not convinced about Ford/Lincoln being anywhere 

as advanced with BEV plans as some think. The whole point of delays is that Ford keeps changing its mind and plans 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Neither of those two were near production ready models, that’s just Lincoln presenting styling concepts

when it has nothing else to show. If Ford and Lincoln have plans in the works for GE2 or modified GE Mach E,

they still have years in front of them for development. I’m not convinced about Ford/Lincoln being anywhere 

as advanced with BEV plans as some think. The whole point of delays is that Ford keeps changing its mind and plans 

Have they not been working on this so called Lincoln BEV since 2019 when they first announced a BEV Explorer/Aviator??? One would think that if they’re launching a new GE2 Lincoln next year they would be done in that respect already in terms of development. We all know they’re working on other Lincoln’s but I don’t understand how you just dump the nautilus sign a void for what’s gonna be like a year and a half. We need to start seeing some future products real soon, Lincoln is lacking as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

We need to start seeing some future products real soon, Lincoln is lacking as far as I’m concerned.

33 minutes ago, bzcat said:

L100 doesn't have any production relevance but more of a brand building exercise. 

Good points Oacjay98 and bzcat. I hope Ford's effort to make Lincoln a distinctive, 100% electric car brand by the end of the decade is successful, because any major misstep could mean a "brand burying exercise" at least in North America. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Lincoln Star is a preview for a production car due in 2025. 

L100 doesn't have any production relevance but more of a brand building exercise. 

Maybe they can build enough Nautilus stockpile to weather the downtime until Star makes it to production.

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

Maybe they can build enough Nautilus stockpile to weather the downtime until Star makes it to production.

That’s what I assume they will do but if so why wind down Nautilus 0ct 27th 2023 then run the edge for 3 more months after til jan31 2024 if autoforcast solutions info is accurate and doesn’t change again. There are rumors here at OAC that they may stop the edge in Oct as well. Either way I thought they would just run them both til the end but what I’ve noticed is when st Thomas assembly closed the town car went first then the crown Vic soon after. MKT was gone first then weeks later the Flex so maybe same scenario. Anyways I’m rambling here bottom line if Ford should stockpile both of them as there will be a void in segment for awhile! It would be nice to get offical info from ford but not til after contract!

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Good points Oacjay98 and bzcat. I hope Ford's effort to make Lincoln a distinctive, 100% electric car brand by the end of the decade is successful, because any major misstep could mean a "brand burying exercise" at least in North America. 

I’m really looking forward to seeing these new products in the near future. I hope they knock it out the park.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Either way I thought they would just run them both til the end but what I’ve noticed is when st Thomas assembly closed the town car went first then the crown Vic soon after.

FWIW, the Vic had something going for it that the TC did not--police departments around the country were ordering as many CVPIs as they could before production ended. That undoubtedly had something to do with their later end of production.

• Like 2