Has anyone had a Nautilus 2 L Turbo long enough to have a carbon build up problem?

Just wondering if this is really a big problem? We have a 2022 Nautilus with 2 L Turbo. Dealer service guy says he doesn't usually see problem until 75,000 miles or so. And they use a chemical process to clean out engine. Believe a Wynn product. 3 step process. Local BMW dealer seems to prefer hand cleaning....blasting with walnut media. My service guy just says this is a service item on 2 L engine. Just something you do. The Ford Ecoboost V6 and V8's have dual injectors....where port injection keeps the backs of the valves mostly clean. Have noticed Toyota and Hyundai both use dual injectors to avoid this issue. Have also read the Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost for 2024 will also get updated to dual injectors. Imagine that engine will work it's way into Explorer and other vehicles. Wonder if a de contented Aviator will also get that engine? In a lower trim level. It will have adequate tq.  Something to replace the Nautilus?

I am aware of the issue in similar turbo engines. My mileage is only 36,000 in a 2016, so no issue like that one as yet. Since this year is the end for the Nautilus, I will not be replacing mine with a Lincoln when the time comes. The BMW solution to the issue is the only one I have read about, so I have no knowledge about the Wynn process.

Some people say to just run the car hard occasionally, helps keep it cleaned out. But to my way of thinking, hi RPM use would just create more blow by fumes to EGR , and increase the problem . Cleaner in gas tank might help keep injectors clean, but this is a  problem caused by direct injectors injecting fuel directly into combustion chamber, whereas old port injected engines misted fuel directly into ports and over backs of valves, and kept the valves clean. Maybe nothing to worry about, or just a service item. 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe this is an issue with high mileage engines.  Below is a solution from FordTechMakulloco: 

Is Walnut Blasting the Answer to Ford’s Ecoboost Carbon Issues?

German Auto Works in Wichita, KS also has a video regarding an 2008  Audi S5:

Edited by RickinLA