2024 Lincoln Aviator Getting A Bold Facelift, Hands-Free Driving Tech

? Looks like the new Nautilus will replace the aviator as the best looking Lincoln. I know the Chinese market matters to most brands. But with this and the new Chinese explorer timberline, I'm not feeling some of ford's new designs. Tired of the massive grills, the new super duty also looks super goofy. I assume some of these designs were the last things Morray signed off on before leaving the design studios for good. Not sure what happened here. 

2024-Ford-Explorer-Timberline-1-Carscoops_2-1024x576.jpg

Not a fan if this is true.  Lincoln has been doing a good job with minimal, clean styling in the US market, and the Chinese Lincolns add unnecessary styling elements that make it look downmarket.  I've never been a huge fan of the chrome fender badges Lincolns have been sporting since 2017, but they could be worse....like the how the Chinese Zephyr takes it to the next level of gaudiness with a fender badge accent that spans 2/3 across the front door.  Same with the chrome strip across the grille and the goofy lower air dams.  The Lincoln Star concept is hopefully previewing a better direction...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mustang84isu said:

Not a fan if this is true.  Lincoln has been doing a good job with minimal, clean styling in the US market, and the Chinese Lincolns add unnecessary styling elements that make it look downmarket.  I've never been a huge fan of the chrome fender badges Lincolns have been sporting since 2017, but they could be worse....like the how the Chinese Zephyr takes it to the next level of gaudiness with a fender badge accent that spans 2/3 across the front door.  Same with the chrome strip across the grille and the goofy lower air dams.  The Lincoln Star concept is hopefully previewing a better direction...

Without needing a grille, obviously the design will be cleaner

15 hours ago, mustang84isu said:

The surfacing language of that concept is very reminiscent of the 1961-1965 Continentals. It will be interesting to see how that translates into production.

28 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

There are nods to it with the higher “hood” edges and raised center portion.   But beyond that, the Star isn’t slab/sided like Conti.

I stared at it for quite a while trying to find something, all I could see was the tops of the front fenders... but the bronco has that too if we're reaching that far.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, DeluxeStang said:

? Looks like the new Nautilus will replace the aviator as the best looking Lincoln. I know the Chinese market matters to most brands. But with this and the new Chinese explorer timberline, I'm not feeling some of ford's new designs. Tired of the massive grills, the new super duty also looks super goofy. I assume some of these designs were the last things Morray signed off on before leaving the design studios for good. Not sure what happened here. 

2024-Ford-Explorer-Timberline-1-Carscoops_2-1024x576.jpg

First time I have seen this pic. That’s the Chinese explorer timberline? I actually like that. This with the Chinese explorer interior would be a winner here. Maybe not in that orange, but I imagine forged green or carbonized gray would look pretty good.