what brand of tires?

rbsev

20 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Every pic I’ve seen it shows Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires. 

My 17 came with Goodyears, my 15 and 11 both had Michelins. I would prefer Michelins, but the Bridgestone would be preferred over the Goodyears. I'll have a look at the Bridgestone, hope they're comparable to the Firestone Wilderness A/T's, which I felt were the best tire I've ever owned for doing everything. I had looked at putting them on my 17, but saw at the time they were mfg'd in Mexico, so I went with Michelin

My truck (2022 F250 with FX4) came with 275/70R18E raised white letter Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.  They supposedly have a 60,000 mile treadwear rating, but I will be lucky to get 30-35,000 out of them.  The tread pattern is not impressive and winter traction is absolutely horrible, even when I lower pressure for the winter and have sandbags in the bed.

I have never been impressed with factory tires and these are no different.  The only exception were the Firestone Wilderness AT’s that came on my Explorer.  Those were great tires despite some people having issues that led to the big recall.

Edited by NH_Bulldog

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

My truck (2022 F250 with FX4) came with 275/70R18E raised white letter Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.  They supposedly have a 60,000 mile treadwear rating, but I will be lucky to get 30-35,000 out of them.  The tread pattern is not impressive and winter traction is absolutely horrible, even when I lower pressure for the winter and have sandbags in the bed.

I have never been impressed with factory tires and these are no different.  The only exception were the Firestone Wilderness AT’s that came on my Explorer.  Those were great tires despite some people having issues that led to the big recall.

I don't think that you'll see new Fords coming with Firestone tires again.

It partly depend on the tire selection, but all 20's I have seen have Michelin's. They are a great tire if you are going to stick with stock rims and on road use. I had a 2019 and 2022 with18" rims and I believe they both had Goodyear's. The Goodyear's were junk in my opinion and you will probably only get 30k out of them. Sold both those trucks early before they needed tires, but had planned to replace them.

14 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

It partly depend on the tire selection, but all 20's I have seen have Michelin's. They are a great tire if you are going to stick with stock rims and on road use. I had a 2019 and 2022 with18" rims and I believe they both had Goodyear's. The Goodyear's were junk in my opinion and you will probably only get 30k out of them. Sold both those trucks early before they needed tires, but had planned to replace them.

Previous years 20 inch wheels had Michelin LTX AT2. However, for 2023 I haven’t seen a single 20 inch wheel with a Michelin. They have all been Bridgestone. Look closely at YouTube videos and you will see. 

Edited by steaknpotatoes

On 1/19/2023 at 11:40 PM, steaknpotatoes said:

This is a Bridgestone 275/75/20. I still haven’t seen what the 275/75/18 will be 

1863B476-B6E5-4E21-A4D8-504470E26FA5.jpeg

Sorry but to each their own, that's one ugly truck. Glad I bought a 22 when I did.

I apologize for going off topic.

Edited by Adirondex
Apology

Recently bought a new 2022 Powerstroke F250, it had 275/65/20 Michelin, they were AT but were basically a glorified street tire, and would certainly get stuck in sand or mud.

I right away bought some Yokohama AT 35x12.50x20's with more aggressive tread.

?

Edited by turn signal

On 1/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, steaknpotatoes said:

Previous years 20 inch wheels had Michelin LTX AT2. However, for 2023 I haven’t seen a single 20 inch wheel with a Michelin. They have all been Bridgestone. Look closely at YouTube videos and you will see. 

My 22 came with Michelin’s

0C3D5F99-96DF-4A63-B571-5156B83BA989.jpeg