2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted

53 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I hope you are right. But they have to do a better job then on the current gen where the only difference in grilles is adding some color or chrome to the same grille. 

The raptor doesn’t have that small body panel that goes between the headlights and the grille. That space is instead filled up with the grille. I think that larger grille helps the overall look of the truck. I hope the tremor gets a similar front end to the raptor but maybe just has the ford logo instead of the ford script.

They did the bare minimum for the current Ranger while they focused on the Bronco launch.  I’m confident they’ll have multiple configurations and appearance packages,   Those are cash cows.

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

They did the bare minimum for the current Ranger while they focused on the Bronco launch.  I’m confident they’ll have multiple configurations and appearance packages,   Those are cash cows.

They did add the splash packages and Tremor later on in the middle of the Bronco launch, not that the former were all that complicated. 

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

I don't get the black paint and rear bumper

Are you talking about the black section on the lower rear quarter?
2024-ford-ranger-rear-view-spy-photo.jpg
That's a changeable section (in most international markets most trim levels get an integrated step). 
2023-ford-ranger-sport-biturbo-review-30

Edited by AM222

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes but it was an Asian built truck in Australia.  Not clear if it’s coming here.

It appears to be US spec.
It has US-spec roof-mounted center brake light, sliding back window, tailpipe that exists to the side behind the right rear tire. 
PS: Thailand and Australia happen to be right-hand drive, this one is left-hand rive.  
ford-ranger-long-bed-and-wheelbase-rear-

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AM222 said:

It appears to be US spec.
It has US-spec roof-mounted center brake light, sliding back window, tailpipe that exists to the side behind the right rear tire. 
PS: Thailand and Australia happen to be right-hand drive, this one is left-hand rive.  
ford-ranger-long-bed-and-wheelbase-rear-

That’s a different photo than the one I was thinking about.  That’s good news.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I hope you are right. But they have to do a better job then on the current gen where the only difference in grilles is adding some color or chrome to the same grille. 

The raptor doesn’t have that small body panel that goes between the headlights and the grille. That space is instead filled up with the grille. I think that larger grille helps the overall look of the truck. I hope the tremor gets a similar front end to the raptor but maybe just has the ford logo instead of the ford script.

the current Ranger was always a stopgap with minimal work done to have a product in the market.  Even then it’s been at the top of the class, though sales have fallen on their face in 22 with Bronco being the priority.

• Like 1

While watching this test of the Aussie version of the Raptor, besides the awesome performance capabilities,  I was surprised to see that the rear seat base not only folds up but you also have the option to fold the seat back down. Would be nice if the seat or at least the seat back were split but it's not a show stopper either. Not sure if the rear seat design is a Raptor only feature or if it will be available on all models. Does the current model have a similar rear seat design?

18 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

While watching this test of the Aussie version of the Raptor, besides the awesome performance capabilities,  I was surprised to see that the rear seat base not only folds up but you also have the option to fold the seat back down. Would be nice if the seat or at least the seat back were split but it's not a show stopper either. Not sure if the rear seat design is a Raptor only feature or if it will be available on all models. Does the current model have a similar rear seat design?

Here's the Next gen Ranger XL and the rear seats are like that too.  (13:33 mark of the video)

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

R6G is now reporting Job 1 to be July 10th, 2023, pushed from May 1,,,,,

HRG

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The drive posting refers back to R6G: "According to a recent report from Ranger6G forum, sources close to one of the sites administrators claim that production will kick off at the Michigan Assembly Plant on July 10, 2023."  I suppose it could be true but I'm skeptical of 'heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend' rumors. 

With 2022MY orders ending, that's a lot more downtime  to the 6G's Job 1.  Ford must've read all the outcry here concerning steel bumpers and 6' box SuperCrews and are rushing additional tooling.  

Wink.jpeg.23291aaf372413a35fe9ef23ec8b4261.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

The drive posting refers back to R6G: "According to a recent report from Ranger6G forum, sources close to one of the sites administrators claim that production will kick off at the Michigan Assembly Plant on July 10, 2023."  I suppose it could be true but I'm skeptical of 'heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend' rumors. 

With 2022MY orders ending, that's a lot more downtime  to the 6G's Job 1.  Ford must've read all the outcry here concerning steel bumpers and 6' box SuperCrews and are rushing additional tooling.  

There’s work to be done in body that can’t be done until 375 ends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

Means they can go full bore with Bronco Production to get those last bit of reservation holder orders done LOL ?

9 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

2022MY has been over since last fall. They are building 2023s right now. This will be a 2024. 

Maybe it's just the white paint, but the mini F-150 chrome front end with the white plastic bumper looks pretty generic. Looks a bit wider in the front and rear track where the fenders flare out. Cab looks pretty much carryover except for a deeper character line in the door. It's a natural progression of the model.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Probably the only metal bumpers you'll see on a new Ranger... ?
Ford Ranger FG-P light tactical vehicle
ford-ranger-light-tactical-vehicle-01-16
-Top Gear Philippines
Ford Ranger with ARB accessories. I have a feeling ARB USA will sell these too.
ranger-arb-2-1674467344.jpeg
-Top Gear Philippines

Edited by AM222

55 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

fx4

it’s equipped with a skid plate up front, along with what appears to be a raised suspension, and General Grabber tires, which are currently included with the 2023 Ranger Tremor and not the FX4 Off-Road Package.