2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

FX4 also comes with a skid plate. 

Also, he works in final, I think he would know a little more than a website who is guessing. 

Beings I love the current Tremor. I can tell that the tire in the prototype pic are not the same tire that is used currently on the Tremor. Stance of that prototype suggests (based on current FX4 supercab) that is what it is. ;)   

2021-ford-ranger-tremor-exterior-tire.jp

• Like 2

I didn't think the Tremor would trickle its way down to the Super Cab beyond its current Super Crew/Crew Cab short bed configuration. I'm just glad that Ford is at least still doing the Super Cab for the next gen Ranger. As for Ford Authority, I would take any articles written by Brett Foote with a grain of salt. It's already shown that he either has wrong sources or he uses lots of uneducated guesses. So the FX4 is a logical thinking with this as what 'wildosvt' said too. I noticed that FX2 rear-drive package also has front skid plate too. It's not exclusive only to Tremor which Brett seems to think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I didn't think the Tremor would trickle its way down to the Super Cab beyond its current Super Crew/Crew Cab short bed configuration. I'm just glad that Ford is at least still doing the Super Cab for the next gen Ranger. As for Ford Authority, I would take any articles written by Brett Foote with a grain of salt. It's already shown that he either has wrong sources or he uses lots of uneducated guesses. So the FX4 is a logical thinking with this as what 'wildosvt' said too. I noticed that FX2 rear-drive package also has front skid plate too. It's not exclusive only to Tremor which Brett seems to think.

A supercab short bed tremor would be nice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

It amazes me how little writers who follow the industry know. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:54 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

FX4 also comes with a skid plate. 

Also, he works in final, I think he would know a little more than a website who is guessing. 

Yeah, anyone with a brain would trust him and not that idiot LOL. But the rest would ask, "Wear r da receiptz"?

17 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Brett Foote from what I hear is an absolute dumbass, who has no business writing about anything. Not even about how to play tic-tac-toe.

My Ford contact who works at a somewhat senior level in Dearborn, gave me an earful and affirmed much of what I notice as an average Joe trying to find news on incoming stuff.

According to him, the automotive media is extremely lazy and obtuse. They really don't do great investigative journalism and as a result, they miss so many easy clues out there and stay in the dark. The average person won't check them on their BS reporting.

Plus, the experts in industry, have to think about their job security and neglect getting into a battle of words with them, on their misreporting.

The average car enthusiast thinks they're smarter than the next guy, but in reality they just aren't either. Many users here have more common sense as industry observers, but if you go to many other forums not so much.

You'll see what I'm getting at, if you check out some of most popular forums, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit (lesser degree). Many Raptor forums are a great example, plus Bronco forums, and Mustang6G. The worst stereotypes on brains versus brawn play out.

Mustang7G had a much smarter collective there, because the stupid ones weren't interested in what they couldn't see yet. Now it's revealed, a greater share of those types are appearing and I post less for that reason.

I wouldn't trust Ford Authority, unless they repeat many times that they have a direct Ford source for their information. Otherwise, it's just uninformed opinion from the resident dolt in Brett Foote. I thought he was an okay guy, until my Ford source told me everything I needed to know about him and that he no longer provides inside info to Ford Authority for that reason.

They get so many things wrong and are only good for spy shot photos, which require nothing but cash/credit card/check/e-transfer from them. The other writers are acceptable at least, just not Brett.

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It amazes me how little writers who follow the industry know. 

I just had a long chat with a longtime Ford source of mine over such this dilemma he shares with you and gotta chime in.

It pisses me off how insiders like you and others I come across, often get overshadowed by idiots like Brett Foote at the helm, spreading misinformation.

He's a lackadaisical dumbass, phoning it in. So many websites owned by Internet Brands, he apparently posts ignorant fluff pieces (that read like Engrish spambotting) as "journalism" and it's honestly because of Internet Brands allegedly giving him the latitude to get away with it, to drive clicks for the simpletons.

On certain forums, most people don't take the bait from his quota spam-posting, unless it's VERY interesting subject matter, even though he does a piss poor job at it 99% of the time. It's sad.

These braindead journos mess up a lot of things and make it hard to have an honest look at the industry. Brett Foote is one out of many out there and I see plenty blame to go around for that.

Most people/"car enthusiasts"are too proudly ignorant to think in the abstract and learn how the automotive industry REALLY works.

They instead lazily trust clickbait places like TFL, Ford Authority, Auto Blog, Motor1 and etc who often know next to nothing about future models, if a source doesn't inform them directly. Even MT and C&D have fallen in credibility to some degree, on what I see there as well.

They copy paste from each other with no shame, from what he told me in an expert capacity and what I see myself.

These journalistic idiots often cannot realize new developments on their own and at least piece new info together themselves. They need it spoonfed or to steal it from someone else, before they notice. Especially forums, with unsuspecting users being denied due credit.

Brett Foote called the new '23 Super Duty a P702 in a FA article and my Ford contact corrected them to it being P708. This Ford internal info has been out there since 2017-18, yet FA couldn't get it right 4-5 years later?

My insider allegedly got his post summarily blocked from submission on FA and other posts attempting to correct any other Brett Foote gaffes too, like how the F-150 MCA was inaccurately called a 2025 by FA and they wouldn't retract it, despite him warning them.

One of few vehicles he was working on between Allen Park & Dearborn and tried to let Brett Foote know, it was MY2024 in late 2023. He said this apparently in 2021 too.

I get news ain't always perfect, but the standards are piss poor lately and basically anarchy.

It's one thing, give or take, to trust general news sources on national and global events, but on things automotive? No thanks dude. Even CNBC and Fox News make many mistakes in their automotive coverage, but try to mask their gaffes by silencing criticism.

Aside from those two major networks, I'll say this about the rest.

They all operate nowadays like tabloid reporters and/or glorified bloggers, not credible automotive journalists. Too much credibility is given to these idiot clickbait vlogger dudebros, who are often not trained professionally in this area and the many braindead members of the public, follow their every word on social media.

See YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram for this frustrating trend. Clickbait, clickbait, clickbait, and dimwitted opinion pieces.

My Millennial generation, middle-aged Xers (tail end), and Zoomers are feeding this annoying frenzy with zero common sense. It really, really, really, REALLY SUCKS!

I come to them to learn new info, not run away with nothing new and misinformation instead.

They all posted the worst clickbait about the S650 and made it hard to keep track of reliable information. Yet on September 14th, Ford rolled out the red carpet for many of them and shafted many of us Mustang owners who attended the Mustang Stampede reveal in Detroit with guest passes on our necks, yet they wouldn't allow us to be seated in the reveal section and all of us struggled to see the car, no thanks to a wall of basketball players blocking the view (LOL).

It was absolutely insulting as a consistent Ford buyer and invited guest with a pass, that the same dimwitted influencers and third-rate "journalists" who misinform people, were allowed alongside Ford peeps in the stands to see the car up close. I digress.

The real problem with rampant misinformation, is how no one realizes this and it goes on unchallenged.

Only the insiders willing to point things out and set things straight, seem to make a difference in quiet spots like this forum or the few of us trying to be the middlemen.

If we had more insiders willing to debunk their widespread conjecture, the clickbait charlatans would all vanish off the face of the earth. This is what happens ultimately when their overrated voice goes unchallenged by real experts, who actually know what's happening.

Marketing teams help feed this too, by being manipulative with the dumbed down narratives they put out regarding automobiles and automotive development.

Ask the average "truck enthusiast" how long they think it took to develop the current F-150 and you'll get some of the dumbest answers, because the TPTB at these companies passively like their buyers that way. Keep em stupid enough to just buy without many questions and the mediocre writers sure do help achieve that convenient goal.

There are plenty more Brett Foote's out there and as long as no one calls them on their bull, they'll keep doing it. It doesn't hurt the bottom line on a grand scale, but enough opinionated idiots will eventually hear other bad writers' conjecture pieces (ie on recalls) against Ford (or insert other automaker) and trust what the stupid writer wrote, sending them in the other direction to competition.

MB/BMW don't seem to have that problem for some reason, because they shut up the dumbasses with PR agents debunking hearsay and even leak their own info to keep things straight.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 12:41 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

R6G is now reporting Job 1 to be July 10th, 2023, pushed from May 1,,,,,

HRG

I know who told them...

On 1/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

There’s work to be done in body that can’t be done until 375 ends. 

Makes sense, thanks. Production of the current truck ends in either in March or April, then ordering for the new truck in mid-April I hear. They have to be doing TT builds by now, before PP builds and Job 1 in July.

On 1/23/2023 at 4:42 PM, 2005Explorer said:

2022MY has been over since last fall. They are building 2023s right now. This will be a 2024. 

Maybe it's just the white paint, but the mini F-150 chrome front end with the white plastic bumper looks pretty generic. Looks a bit wider in the front and rear track where the fenders flare out. Cab looks pretty much carryover except for a deeper character line in the door. It's a natural progression of the model.

Thanks for pointing that out in your first paragraph, because 2023 is an abbreviated model year and Ford definitely didn't skip anything for 2023.

Some of the changes for 2022 hinted at it being a mini-MCA midlife year update for the USDM P375N.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JX1 said:

According to him, the automotive media is extremely lazy and obtuse. They really don't do great investigative journalism and as a result, they miss so many easy clues out there and stay in the dark. The average person won't check them on their BS reporting.

You’ve summed up what is wrong with journalism for the past 20 years or so-bare minimum of skill trying to exact the most amount of money for the least amount of work. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You’ve summed up what is wrong with journalism for the past 20 years or so-bare minimum of skill trying to exact the most amount of money for the least amount of work. 

And if you look at the timeline (past 20 years) that pretty much aligns with the Big Al's self proclaimed invention of the internet. Everyone with access has the ability to be misinformed by unscrupulous "writers" who either have an agenda to push and/or just want more clicks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Unfortunately, pretty much it right there. And the average reader doesn't help, by trusting and reposting links from some of these places who don't get their info right, for the reasons you explained above.

I understand when spy shots are involved, but when it's just text with no unnamed or named insider referenced as their source of information, in my opinion it's just not worth acknowledging them.

On average they aren't going to do a good job of explaining their own perspective on a theory and would do everyone justice to just BS about their favorite new Ford color or any other fluffy bullcrap, than trying to comment on a yet to be revealed model they have little to zero info for and pass it off as "news".

It helps how quickly a few guys and gals here shutdown any misleading BS, so it doesn't get credibility. Much harder in other spaces...

4 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

And if you look at the timeline (past 20 years) that pretty much aligns with the Big Al's self proclaimed invention of the internet. Everyone with access has the ability to be misinformed by unscrupulous "writers" who either have an agenda to push and/or just want more clicks.

Yep, sucks a million. For those of us who know better, thankfully we can see right through those agendas. Whether lazy means to an easy dollar or plainly trying to a manipulate a narrative. It just seems unusually concentrated in terms of automotive stuff.

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

So when is Ford going to debut it? Chicago?

These look like pre-production models that are runnin

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

So when is Ford going to debut it? Chicago?

These look like pre-production models that are running down the MAP line now...

It's not gonna be Chicago, maybe NYIAS at earliest. Ordering does open up on April 17th

Edited by akirby

On 1/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, JX1 said:

Brett Foote from what I hear is an absolute dumbass, who has no business writing about anything. Not even about how to play tic-tac-toe. My Ford contact who works at a somewhat senior level in Dearborn, gave me an earful and affirmed much of what I notice as an average Joe trying to find news on incoming stuff. According to him, the automotive media is extremely lazy and obtuse. They really don't do great investigative journalism and as a result, they miss so many easy clues out there and stay in the dark. The average person won't check them on their BS reporting. Plus, the experts in industry, have to think about their job security and neglect getting into a battle of words with them, on their misreporting.

The average car enthusiast thinks they're smarter than the next guy, but in reality they just aren't either. Many users here have more common sense as industry observers, but if you go to many other forums not so much. You'll see what I'm getting at, if you check out some of most popular forums, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit (lesser degree). Many Raptor forums are a great example, plus Bronco forums, and Mustang6G. The worst stereotypes on brains versus brawn play out. Mustang7G had a much smarter collective there, because the stupid ones weren't interested in what they couldn't see yet. Now it's revealed, a greater share of those types are appearing and I post less for that reason.

I wouldn't trust Ford Authority, unless they repeat many times that they have a direct Ford source for their information. Otherwise, it's just uninformed opinion from the resident dolt in Brett Foote. I thought he was an okay guy, until my Ford source told me everything I needed to know about him and that he no longer provides inside info to Ford Authority for that reason. They get so many things wrong and are only good for spy shot photos, which require nothing but cash/credit card/check/e-transfer from them. The other writers are acceptable at least, just not Brett. They all posted the worst clickbait about the S650 and made it hard to keep track of reliable information.

Agreed with everything you said above about Brett and auto journalists in general. One of the things that gets me is that despite evidence to the contrary, which can be easily looked up in a matter of minutes, the so-called auto journalists continued to say the 7G Mustang was going to be CD6-based, even if most of us already knew this was not the case. Some of the writers were still saying that all the way up until the reveal last September. While this is the only auto forum I am active on with an account, I do lurk many other forums without accounts. Those include the Mustang 6G/7G, Bronco 6G, Bronco Sport, and the F-150, Lightning, F-Series Super Duty, and Maverick of those forums. I read the posts and check out pics but don't have accounts to participate. I'm shocked at how quick users attack one another over an opinion, gatekeeping, and whether or not a user is an insider. This happens on few of these forums but mostly on the Bronco6G that I've seen. Some Mustang ones too. There was one guy on the Bronco6G who claimed to work for Webasto and warned, quite some long time ago, that the top was not in good shape and to prepare for bad news. They ridiculed him but he was right. The Webasto top problems occurred and users there suddenly realized they had a legit user there but ran him off. There are too many Debbie Downers there and other forums too, where the sun just won't come up in the morning over any news, and Ford just can't win.

That's why I'm glad to only be active on this forum. It's really bad on the Mustang 6G/7G where some users are really full of it. One guy, whose name I won't say here, has the tendency to refer to his username as a third person, acts as if he's an insider. He ridicules others and acts smug whenever he's right but backtracks and insults when he's wrong. He said there was going to be a shorter wheelbase version specifically for the new Shelby variant with no back seats. Well, interesting that isn't happening. I have seen your posts there and enjoy reading them as I enjoy reading yours here. So insightful and knowledge that the posts are well-written as a long book chapter, with words and lots of photos. You were right with your inside info, especially with guessing timeline of public prototype testing, reveal, production, all based on past history of Mustang development. Of course some there ridiculed you on that but you were still correct on that. Back to Brett though, it is infuriating that he gaslit the Mustang forums with that horrible article with the alleged window sticker sheet that had the supposed 450hp figure for the 5.0L V8. Some considered it a legit article and said 450 horsepower was enough. Then came debate on whether or not 450 is needed or should it be around 480, etc. Brett done divided the Mustang community with that article which we now know as false. Ford then announced the correct power figures, which I wonder whether it was a direct response to that horribly-written article. I won't link it here but if you find it, the original article is still there on the FA site without any edits or revisions. Lots of readers roasted Brett in the reader comment about the lack of editing and for causing quite a stir. I'm surprised he even still writes for Ford Authority after that.

On 1/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, JX1 said:

Yet on September 14th, Ford rolled out the red carpet for many of them and shafted many of us Mustang owners who attended the Mustang Stampede reveal in Detroit with guest passes on our necks, yet they wouldn't allow us to be seated in the reveal section and all of us struggled to see the car, no thanks to a wall of basketball players blocking the view (LOL). It was absolutely insulting as a consistent Ford buyer and invited guest with a pass, that the same dimwitted influencers and third-rate "journalists" who misinform people, were allowed alongside Ford peeps in the stands to see the car up close. I digress.

I wasn't aware you attended the Mustang Stampede event. Hope you enjoyed it despite some disappointments. Clearly they didn't rehearse the event as one woman on stage, who works at the Mustang plant, was so nervous that she couldn't say what she actually did at the plant. She was so nervous while also announcing the start of the reveal where the new Mustangs were driven in. But I tell you, I was irked seeing StangMode standing on stage being interviewed by the host. He claimed for a long time on his YouTube that he had inside info that there was going to be a 4-door ICE Mustang sedan which isn't happening. At the event sometime prior to the Stampede, he claims that they were going to reveal the new Mustang, but it was just a camoed prototype under the tarp. That right there destroyed his whole credibility along with many other things he said which wasn't true. Out of all the brilliant Mustang YouTubers, they had to have him? I won't say any more as I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm sure you know about him and how many fans don't like him.

• Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal of next generation Ranger. I know Ford will hit a homerun with this one. I'm glad that they still have Super Cab planned for it as I mentioned in my previous post. It also seems that there will be two bed lengths for the Crew Cab too. This will give the new Ranger a huge advantage over the competition. 

20 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Chicago opens up in about two weeks. NYIAS opens before the 17th of April

The possible reveal at New York makes sense because it would give time for customers to go over all the info after reveal, read through order guides, talk to their dealers, etc. within a few days or so of the ordering starts. Maybe the reveal is before NYIAS at a standalone event and then it gets shown at NYIAS for the tourists there? Looks like Ford is really cutting down on the time gap between reveal, ordering date, and start of production. A lot better than reveal and waiting over a year before ordering.

Edited by pffan1990
Corrected few formatting errors.
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 2:50 AM, AM222 said:

Are you talking about the black section on the lower rear quarter?
2024-ford-ranger-rear-view-spy-photo.jpg
That's a changeable section (in most international markets most trim levels get an integrated step). 
2023-ford-ranger-sport-biturbo-review-30

I thought I read somewhere that the side step was omitted on ROW Raptors because of the tailpipes for the dual exhaust. The white prototype obviously does not have dual exhaust. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t know about this one specifically but Ford has been known to “leak” factory photos on purpose including Bronco.

Im starting to think this is the case. On the bottom of the first page of that thread is a comment from someone who claims to be a Ranger Vehicle Engineer. He even left his full name. Either it was intentional or he’s a dumbass of monumental proportions. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Haha 4